Moving on from Joyetech Procore Air tank. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
I have been very happy with the Joyetech Procore Air tank for the last 2-3 years. It gives me the mouth to lung open draw of a dripper, with the ease of changing a coil, and a large tank. I know tanks and coils are eventually phased out, and this seems to be the case with my favorite tank and coils. It’s been getting more and more difficult to find replacement coils, and I’m about out of options.

What tank do you suggest? I want something recent, that will have coils available for the foreseeable future, M-to-L draw, and 3-5 ml tank. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Katcandoo, Freemax is another good manufacturer with 3 tanks that may interest you.

Freemax Fireluke 3

Freemax M Pro 2

Freemax Fireluke 22

So it may well be worth taking a bit of time to look into all your available options before making any rash decisions.

Also, depending upon where you are in the world it may well be worth considering an RBA (Rebuildable Atomiser), such as an RDTA (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomiser).

RDTA's are a chimera of RTA's (Rebuildable Tank Atomisers) and RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers), they're perhaps the most easiest type of RBA to work with.

But this idea future proofs you somewhat, as all you need with them is coiling wire and wicking material. Plus it can save a fair amount of money over time, which can then be used for other things.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I see you are in the USA. that's important nowadays.

No matter what tank you choose, if the manufacturer of that tank and it's coils is not going to file a PMTA with the FDA or if they do and the PMTA is rejected, you will have a hard time getting a hold of the coils in the USA.

Regardless of the above, it's impossible to tell which tanks will have coils available 1, 2, 3+ years from now. Relatively speaking, only a few tanks and their coils have been on the market for 3+ years. Most don't even seem to make it 1 year.

I wish I could give you a suggestions, but I can't because all I use are rebuildables and old tanks for which have stocked myself up to the gills with coil heads for them once I realized I would be happy with them until I'm gone from this world. This is the only way to vape with any stability in the USA.

However, I can without almost 100% certainty tell you that the Aspire nautilus tank (or any tank that takes it's coils) will have coils available for at least another 5 years, but probably more. However, it's nothing like the tank you have as it's a true MTL tank. You say you are an MTL vaper, but that tank you have is not an MTL tank so I take it you like a rather loose MTL draw. The nautilus isn't going to give you that.

Last edited:

Esti

Aug 15, 2020
    I also use the freemax fireluke 2. I use .2ohm coils on that one too and chain vape that tank. The coils last me about 3 weeks IF you break them in properly. Thats another really good tank. And I also use a nunchaku with .2ohm coils. Thats a kind of okd tank but I still find the coils on all the common vape supplier sites. That tank also lasts me a few weeks.

So i would reccomend:
    horizon falcon king
    Freemax fireluke 2
    Uwell nunchaku.

If you want to get into RTA, RDA, RDTA etc. You need to first decide if you want mesh or coil. Single, dual or more build deck. And be able to calculate wraps and ohms or use pre-built coils.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Esti, you can't go too wrong with any of the Freemax tanks I listed earlier.

The new Fireluke 22 is looking really interesting, as it's their first mesh coil tank that can do MTL to DTL. Plus the SS904L used for the coils allows for the use of TC mode.

But @UncleJunkle raises the major point, tanks and coils are only available for so long until the manufacturer decides to refresh their product range. Then you're stuffed.

An RBA doesn't suffer from quite the same issues and will do you proud for much longer in comparison.

But it's nice to keep a tank at one side as well with a few coils, just for when building an RBA is impossible or just too much effort.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I have been very happy with the Joyetech Procore Air tank for the last 2-3 years. It gives me the mouth to lung open draw of a dripper, with the ease of changing a coil, and a large tank. I know tanks and coils are eventually phased out, and this seems to be the case with my favorite tank and coils. It’s been getting more and more difficult to find replacement coils, and I’m about out of options.

What tank do you suggest? I want something recent, that will have coils available for the foreseeable future, M-to-L draw, and 3-5 ml tank. Thanks in advance for suggestions!
    FYI the Procore Air coils are compatible with the Smok Baby Beast style of coils, with many choices available. The Vaporesso GT series of coils is very popular, with a variety of resistances and mesh options. The compatible Smok (even the new TFV9) and Vaporesso coils are the first that come to mind and many of them should be available for some time to come. Good luck in your hunt!

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    Thank you to everyone for the replies! I‘ve done rebuilding and still have the supplies. I had a Paradigm Magma clone dripper years ago. It was the best! It was lost in a move. Can’t find a replacement. ☹️ I’ve also learned to DIY my own juice if necessary after my favorite company went out of business. I have 2 liters of nic in the deep freezer.

I wish I had my magma back. I’ve recently tried an RBA tank, and it was a disaster. With the impending changes in vape accessibility, I may eventually have to go back to rebuilding.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    I see you are in the USA. that's important nowadays.

No matter what tank you choose, if the manufacturer of that tank and it's coils is not going to file a PMTA with the FDA or if they do and the PMTA is rejected, you will have a hard time getting a hold of the coils in the USA.

Regardless of the above, it's impossible to tell which tanks will have coils available 1, 2, 3+ years from now. Relatively speaking, only a few tanks and their coils have been on the market for 3+ years. Most don't even seem to make it 1 year.

I wish I could give you a suggestions, but I can't because all I use are rebuildables and old tanks for which have stocked myself up to the gills with coil heads for them once I realized I would be happy with them until I'm gone from this world. This is the only way to vape with any stability in the USA.

However, I can without almost 100% certainty tell you that the Aspire nautilus tank (or any tank that takes it's coils) will have coils available for at least another 5 years, but probably more. However, it's nothing like the tank you have as it's a true MTL tank. You say you are an MTL vaper, but that tank you have is not an MTL tank so I take it you like a rather loose MTL draw. The nautilus isn't going to give you that.

Yes, I like a loose draw. The Nautilus looks good. My only concern with it is that it’s not a top fill. I’ve gotten spoiled by that feature. Lol. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread