Moving on to mid-size... need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought a Skycig kit back in July and haven't smoked since. The batteries are getting bummed out now so I'm looking to get a new model.

After a little research I'm thinking of getting a mid-size vapouriser. I just don't have a clue where to begin though, this is the same problem I faced before when considering an e-cig. Nearly all the sites I visit are just fancy advertisements or trying to sell their own brand.

What I'm looking for is a mid-size with a tank I think it's called, where you just put the e-liquid straight in. I've seen all different sizes, I don't want a massive intrusive looking one, but at the same time I'm looking for something with good vapour production and decent battery life. So maybe like a medium range mid-size if that makes sense?

Any advice is appreciated, not really sure where to start looking... I'm from the UK btw.

Oct 9, 2013
Staten Island, NY
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Vodge. Welcome.

You will get lots of suggestions here, but mostly they will be for USA stores.

I would suggest you look at the kits on myepack.co.uk

Starter Kits

Just ignore the 808 mini kit....which is OK for what it is, but not my thing.

- - -

If these don't look good... (they are doing really well for a new company) have a look at the Vape Escape website.

I have lots of kit from BOTH vendors.

Please ask away.

Dave.

(PS - I know your town really well!)

I have the £19.99 mini protank kit from myepack - it's the business.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Sounds like you are now ready for a stick battery with some good clearomizer tanks. Here's my two cents on the subject:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. Alternatively, try two Spinners with two evods, or two iTaste 3.0's with two Protank II's, mini and regular (this would be my recommended mid-size setup). BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Good luck to you and Happy VapeQuest.

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
I excitedly waited the whole day (through work...) to see how this thread was going and.....

nothing... :)

There are only so many options that meet the needs of the OP. Bill covers it pretty well at comment #4.

I would only add the Innokin iTaste SVD in 18350 mode, or a Provari Mini. Smaller form factor than some mods, larger than the stick batteries, kick-.... performance.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
hello and welcome to ECF

Please feel free to check out my blog here on ECF, I've tried to put together info for the cheapest kits and basic info for new vapors to help get started with

New Vapor Starter Kits

but the gist of everything and best advice given to me was to start out with an 1300 mAh variable voltage ego spinner then get a vivi nova (top coil) and a protank 2 (bottom coil), stick with all glass or metal tanks to avoid any issues with possible tank cracking juices.

Last edited:

Darkcraft

Oct 10, 2013
Dallas, TX
I was in the exact same position when I first started. I had some No 7 Classic contraption that really left a lot to be desired. One day one of the batteries got stuck in the 'always taking a drag' state while on the charger. Needless to say, it ended badly for that battery. Like many have suggested, go with an eGo as your next step. I had one of the original/early versions and I never really messed with the other models that have come out since, but regardless of which way you go you should be good.

Since you're used to a cartridge, you'll probably feel most comfortable with a cartomizer setup. You'll discover that your biggest challenge will be finding a liquid that is just right to your preferences.

Good luck!

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
18350 to 18490/18500 mod i still consider medium... but if u want slimmer joyetch ego twist 650maH (variable voltage 3.2v to 4.8v i believe) witha mini vivi nova tank 3mL juice i think , and small cartomizer tanks..these i used for quite some time.... i was able to pay it forward and gave 2 batts to a friend to convert him from analogs..also used ego twist with a bridgeless drip atomizer (stingray lo resistance) slapped a drip shield to contain over dripping..2-3 drops at a time for a great hit..less fiddling but satisfies the urge to smoke cigs... any smaller he would not have converted since voltage was too low to give a good hit.. i was going to get the higher maH to get longer operation time but decided to jump into replacable batteries=) since i tend to chain vape...

good luck in your journey

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for all the replies.

I only read the ones the same day I posted before making my decision, I ended up doing more research on the various models recommended but still felt a little overwhelmed with all the choices and different terms etc, I have learnt more though. I decided to just go with this - Exhale Ego CE5 Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit. as it was relatively cheap and I can upgrade to something else if I'm disappointed.

First impressions I have to admit I was underwhelmed, but after a little while I could soon tell the difference to the skycig I was using, more vapour, better taste and more throat hit. I'm happy with this model for now, think next I'll be experimenting with different liquids to find what I prefer.

Couple of questions though:

- What liquid mix should I be looking at for a more thicker vapour? The only thing I slightly miss about actual smoking is the smoke amount when exhaling. I remember reading something about PG/VG consistencies but need more information.

- With the model I bought, can I mix and match parts? For example would trying different clearomizers, etc provide different results? I'm assuming they do.

Thanks for all the help so far guys.

EDIT: One more question, the instructions say store upright.. what way is upright? Might sound stupid but I don't know if it should be battery facing up, or facing down. I know skycig it was facing down, just not sure if it might be different with what I have now.

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi again Vodge,

That's not a bad kit you went for & certainly not a bad price. As it has a 510/ego fitting, you can use any other tanks cartos etc with the same fitting & you will be able to buy them from just about every good UK vendor :)

For more vapour, you need a higher VG content. Joose-Juice do samples of 10ml for £1.49 & have a good range of VG/PG mixes to choose from -

10ml Tasters - Items - Joose Juice E-Liquids

I would say upright is with the clearomiser on top - but I don't think there is any real need for it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hooray Vodge. :)

Good choice, standard kind of eGo kit with clearomisers. Can't go wrong really.

If you are after more vapour, then either more VG (%) or more power is the answer.
You can mix and match parts on most e-cigs. Basically, the popular fittings are "510" and eGo fitting. 510 is small, eGo is bigger and on most batteries is the outside thread of a dual threaded battery.

I have a few 510 only batteries and they need a 510-eGo adapter to use eGo fittings.

Good choice, good luck. :)

If the clearomisers (clear tanks) with your kit are CE5 you should order some replacement heads sooner rather than later.

I use mini protanks and change the heads often.... better taste i.m.o. I tend to order 5 at a time for £6.00 (cheap, if you ask me :) )

Thanks guys, well I ordered some higher VG sample liquids yesterday to try them out off the site Chrissie recommend (thanks :)) but I think I read somewhere not to put a different flavour liquid in the clearomizers? I'm going to order some more tomorrow. Is an atomiser the plastic/metal bit with the thread things hanging off? Do they come with clearomizers or should I order both atomisers and clearomizers? Sorry for the noob questions :)

EDIT: Also I think they're CE5, but I remember reading on the website I ordered off that CE5 in england is CE4 in America or something so I'm not entirely sure what I have, bit confusing! What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread