• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moving to Australia - what do I need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
the electronics are fine, the only restriction is nicotine juice, you can't sell it, but you can import it for personal use in up to 3 months worth of supply.
so maybe don't bring in more that 3 months supply of juice.
but whether you have to declare it or whatever, i have no idea. nic juice isn't taxed like tobacco.
maybe ring a government department, or read a few government websites, don't trust a forum on your future. you wouldn't want to be turned around at customs because some well meaning person gave you inaccurate or outdated advice.

and welcome to aus.
what state will you be in? and what will you be doing?

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
Liquid nicotine isn't sold here at all (no flavours can have any in it, no plain nic for vaping available).

We buy all our nic from China, USA or New Zealand. To my knowledge no one I know has had any problems buying 500ml of 100mg nic and getting it mailed here. Never been a problem buying a bunch of up to 24mg nic flavoured ejuice from various european/USA or Chinese sellers either.

So unless you are bringing 2 years worth of supply with you, I can't see any problems (besides the usual liquids and battery restrictions placed on passengers on passenger aircraft)

Hardware, batteries, 0mg nic flavoured juices etc are all sold openly, so zero problems buying vaping gear from vape shops or other retailers, or buying from overseas shops and getting them to mail it to you. No customs issues at all with gear.

Last edited:

argusaviel

Apr 9, 2013
Philippines
the electronics are fine, the only restriction is nicotine juice, you can't sell it, but you can import it for personal use in up to 3 months worth of supply.
so maybe don't bring in more that 3 months supply of juice.
but whether you have to declare it or whatever, i have no idea. nic juice isn't taxed like tobacco.
maybe ring a government department, or read a few government websites, don't trust a forum on your future. you wouldn't want to be turned around at customs because some well meaning person gave you inaccurate or outdated advice.

and welcome to aus.
what state will you be in? and what will you be doing?

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do just that.
i do not know yet where I would be staying since I just started the process of applying to becom an immigrant.
Hopefully will be joining you guys. Vape on!

argusaviel

Apr 9, 2013
Philippines
Liquid nicotine isn't sold here at all (no flavours can have any in it, no plain nic for vaping available).

We buy all our nic from China, USA or New Zealand. To my knowledge no one I know has had any problems buying 500ml of 100mg nic and getting it mailed here. Never been a problem buying a bunch of up to 24mg nic flavoured ejuice from various european/USA or Chinese sellers either.

So unless you are bringing 2 years worth of supply with you, I can't see any problems (besides the usual liquids and battery restrictions placed on passengers on passenger aircraft)

Hardware, batteries, 0mg nic flavoured juices etc are all sold openly, so zero problems buying vaping gear from vape shops or other retailers, or buying from overseas shops and getting them to mail it to you. No customs issues at all with gear.

Thanks. I'll be checking on the airline requirements soon. And as checsty said, it would probably safer to ship my stuff. Thanks.
Vape on!

argusaviel

Apr 9, 2013
Philippines

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
"We buy all our nic from China, USA or New Zealand."

For the record NZ has the same stance as AUS regarding nic,that vendor does not source nic from NZ,we dont even grow stuff all tobacco anymore and there is no extraction lab in the country.

That vendors site when accessed from NZ claims to provide the highest quality Australian nic juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread