• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moving to Canada? (worried)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Hi friends. I guess some people know me, and some don't, and i hope this is the place where i can ask my questions.

I have been amassing a huge collection of mods and atties throughout the years, and by end of this year I might move permanently from Greece to Canada. Now the question is, what can i bring in? Can i even bring in anything? I have around 10 high end mods and atties that must come with me. Other things can be sold. They are mainly bottom feeding wood (pdib) or metal (CC) mods. A number of bottom fed atomizers. If you have any information, links or advice on how to do this please let me know. They are really collectibles more than being electronic cigarettes in the classical sense, you know how it is.

Also a minor question regarding nicotine, can i at least bring in enough for a week then buy locally?

Thanks a lot guys, and sorry for if this kind of topics does not belong here.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It would be customary for immigrants too bring all their worldly posessions when they are making a permanent move. There are probably guidelines for what people in your position can bring to canada. Start by asking for those guidelines in writing and see what, if anything, is prohibited. If that doesn't clarify the situation ask the people who provided the written guidelines to clarify them for you.

Reactions: Aal_

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Do not use the word "arsenal". My experience with crossing into Canada from the US is that guns are just about the only thing they're concerned with.
Fixed it :D. Why are you guys following me here. I thought this place is for Canadians :D.

Well you see, you are an american, I am a "foreigner", so don't want to cause troubles as a first impression. I am reading about rules and laws but couldn't find anything related to the actual mods. I know when traveling you can have an ecig with you for personal use. Not sure about passing customs as a landing immigrant though and what to declare them as.

Reactions: B2L

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
It's all legal in Canada except the nicotine. However, you can buy the juice here. Stupid, huh? Well, it's not actually illegal, just banned by Health Canada. But Health Canada doesn't make the laws. However, customs won't allow it to be imported. So you can bring everything you have with no problems, other than the airline regulations. I'd bring the juice too if you're just going to throw it away. Chances are customs won't even care about it. Depends who you get. Some are ......, and some aren't.

Reactions: BluebirdGal

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
It's all legal in Canada except the nicotine. However, you can buy the juice here. Stupid, huh? Well, it's not actually illegal, just banned by Health Canada. But Health Canada doesn't make the laws. However, customs won't allow it to be imported. So you can bring everything you have with no problems, other than the airline regulations. I'd bring the juice too if you're just going to throw it away. Chances are customs won't even care about it. Depends who you get. Some are ......, and some aren't.

ok so what you are saying if i get devices, they shouldn't be the concern of Health Canada since there is no nicotine involved?

As for nicotine I am pretty sure since they mention you can bring e-cig on a plane but not vape it, so it is allowed in small quantities for personal use in the country :D

Thanks for the info. Will look more into it. I'm thinking of calling cbsa and asking them.

Reactions: Rossum

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
ok so what you are saying if i get devices, they shouldn't be the concern of Health Canada since there is no nicotine involved?

As for nicotine I am pretty sure since they mention you can bring e-cig on a plane but not vape it, so it is allowed in small quantities for personal use in the country :D

Thanks for the info. Will look more into it. I'm thinking of calling cbsa and asking them.
Sure. Call them 10 times and you'll get 10 different answers. Like I said, it depends on who you get. However, I live on the border so I know what you can bring across and what you can't. Hardware is not illegal and you can bring as much as you want, within import restrictions. The juice is technically not allowed to cross the border but I always cross with my stuff and never had a problem. Of course, they've never seen it either. It's not a high-priority item. They're far more concerned with tobacco and alcohol because they're so heavily taxed here. Pretty much anything for personal, non-commercial use is fine except drugs and guns. If they end up confiscating your juice it's no biggie since you were going to throw it out anyway. Even if you exceed your allowance on some items, the worse that will happen is that they'll charge you duty and tax on it. Other than drugs and guns, their biggest concern is collecting duty and taxes. There's actually a lot more restrictions crossing into the U.S., like food and plants.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Sure. Call them 10 times and you'll get 10 different answers. Like I said, it depends on who you get. However, I live on the border so I know what you can bring across and what you can't. Hardware is not illegal and you can bring as much as you want, within import restrictions. The juice is technically not allowed to cross the border but I always cross with my stuff and never had a problem. Of course, they've never seen it either. It's not a high-priority item. They're far more concerned with tobacco and alcohol because they're so heavily taxed here. Pretty much anything for personal, non-commercial use is fine except drugs and guns. If they end up confiscating your juice it's no biggie since you were going to throw it out anyway. Even if you exceed your allowance on some items, the worse that will happen is that they'll charge you duty and tax on it. Other than drugs and guns, their biggest concern is collecting duty and taxes. There's actually a lot more restrictions crossing into the U.S., like food and plants.
Thanks that was helpful.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
959fff6a2e3d02c632982e44d522446d.jpg

Sent via iPhone

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I don't think you'd have problems right now as long as you don't have too much juice, but I'm not sure the situation will be the same at the end of the year. The government is currently planning new vaping regulations. We don't know what they'll be or when they'll be enacted, but it's likely things will change before long.

Reactions: Aal_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread