The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Moving to Thailand - do I understand the laws correctly *sarcasm warning*

Discussion in 'Thailand Forum' started by Fenway75, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fenway75

Fenway75 Moved On

Apr 8, 2014
    So, if I understand correctly:

I can have my equipment....IF I convince the customs official it's electronic gear for some other purpose.

I can't buy new equipment....UNLESS see above.

I can't bring any nicotine liquid with me.

I can't buy any nicotine liquid, locally (despite the presence of at least one B&M in Bangkok), nor can I have it shipped there.

So in effect - "Yes, you can own a car, but no - you can't buy gasoline."

Am I getting this about right?:mad::confused:

2. Maka

Maka Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    High on Vaping
  3. Fenway75

Fenway75 Moved On

Apr 8, 2014
    Thanks for the link - I've read similar stories, and while it makes me feel better about carrying my gear around and such, it doesn't solve the initial catch-22 - you can own it, but you can't import the liquid to put IN it.

Legally, anyway.

4. Lipp

Lipp Full Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Thailand
  5. izkolouk

izkolouk Full Member

Dec 11, 2014
    kathmandu,nepal
    ok, i read it, so what, still not clear..."the draft is still being discussed by relevant parties in term of details"
    so what can happen to me if police catch me with an e-cigarette and 2-3 small bottle of e-liquid [with 16mg nicotine], pay double the price of the goods up to 10 years in jail ????. i'm going to Thailand next Friday, what should i do ?

6. kbelyeu

kbelyeu Full Member

There is NO ban on personal use only commercial importation. I vape anywhere smoking is allowed.

Hope this helps..

Happy vaping..

7. Gqballa

Gqballa Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just got back from thailand and i vaped everywhere.

A lot of people thought i was smoking ......... but that was only from the locals. When i vaped in front of police they didn't say anything to me

8. P-Dub

P-Dub Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Santa Rita,GU, USA
    Don't sweat it. Never had a problem from anyone while there for two weeks. On my person through airports and just put it in the bin through the x-ray. No one batted an eye....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.