Mr Baker shopping list anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Apparently I'm now too seasoned to post in the New Members forum; I feel like a bird that's been booted from the nest! :ohmy:

Anywho, I've decided my next vendor to try is Mt Baker and I'd like to know what juices y'all would recommend. I understand you might have another vendor that's your favorite and that's cool. Odds are good they're already on my list to try, but I'd like to keep this thread Mt Baker specific please!

About my vape:
I mostly drip at this point. I don't care for much TH and prefer predominantly VG liquids. Flavors I've enjoyed thus far are RY4, vanilla, coconut, mint, and pineapple (believe it or not, all of those mixed together is pretty amazing). Blueberry and cappuccino were NOT on my tasty list, and fake banana flavoring makes me want to retch. The Mt Baker flavors that look intriguing to me at first glance are Tidal Wave, Vanilla Ice, Sweet Cream, and Hazelnut.

In case you're wondering why Mt Baker, it's pretty simple. Good reviews, good prices, and they offer no/low PG as I prefer. Plus I can slide in a new drip atty, which is a plus.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
Sweet Cream is pretty good - although to be honest I only got it to mix with a few other flavors I already had, to try & calm them down. It has a buttery taste, but not so much that it makes you think of buttered popcorn. More like a "warm" cream taste.

The only other suggestion I'd have is the C&C Shake (which I think is listed as Cookie Blaster now). This was a free sample with my last order & it's positively delicious. Vanilla oreo milkshake, completely.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
Do you like citrus? Ecto Cooler (think Tang). Creamy Orange? Orange Dreamsicle. (get some extra sweet cream if you like it creamier).

Like tea and lemonade? Arnold Palmer. I love their Black Cherry. The dragon fruit is decent too, light, but good.

The Pina Colada was ok, but nothing to rave about.

If you like creamy flavors, the Raz Shake one that they sent as a free sample was decent.

Prices are good, service is good, and they ship super fast!

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
Buttery is exactly what I'm hoping for in the Sweet Cream, and mainly to use as a mixer as you said. I can't help but think that with the hazelnut would be pretty darn good. And perhaps it would take the edge off that unpalatable blueberry I have right now.

I have blueberry as well - I may have to mix that with sweet cream and see how it tastes. I'm thinking maybe even add a tiny bit of sweetener, and I may luck out and end up with something like a Bojangles Bo-berry biscuit (!). In which case, I would hang up my mixing gloves and vape nothing else. Forever.

My absolute favorite vape at the moment is to mix blueberry with Cookie from Delightful Vapors - it tastes just like a blueberry muffin. [yum!]

murrajes

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Austin
Sweet cream is really good. I have a huge bottle of it. I can vape it straight. Get you some candy bar too!

Apparently I'm now too seasoned to post in the New Members forum; I feel like a bird that's been booted from the nest! :ohmy:

Anywho, I've decided my next vendor to try is Mt Baker and I'd like to know what juices y'all would recommend. I understand you might have another vendor that's your favorite and that's cool. Odds are good they're already on my list to try, but I'd like to keep this thread Mt Baker specific please!

About my vape:
I mostly drip at this point. I don't care for much TH and prefer predominantly VG liquids. Flavors I've enjoyed thus far are RY4, vanilla, coconut, mint, and pineapple (believe it or not, all of those mixed together is pretty amazing). Blueberry and cappuccino were NOT on my tasty list, and fake banana flavoring makes me want to retch. The Mt Baker flavors that look intriguing to me at first glance are Tidal Wave, Vanilla Ice, Sweet Cream, and Hazelnut.

In case you're wondering why Mt Baker, it's pretty simple. Good reviews, good prices, and they offer no/low PG as I prefer. Plus I can slide in a new drip atty, which is a plus.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Their Wintergreen is simply amazing! Just had to throw that out there. I'm working through some of their "minty" flavors now and love the Wintergreen with extra flavor shots. I also really like the Candy Cane, and Green Ice. The Doublemint gum is spot on too. I'm waiting on Vapemail to try the much raved about "Thug Juice" and will report back. Should be here tomorrow.
I'm happy to have found this company early in my vaping journey. Wish I could tell you more about the othe flavors mentioned, but I can recommend the ones I've tried. My taste might be different but hope this helps.

Jarski44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Houston, TX
In the past, I have purchased the following from Mt Baker:
Lemonade - this was just good, a nice light vape.
Arnold Palmer - lemonade and sweet tea, another nice light vape.
Mojito - flavor was strong and clear, I just didn't like it
Margarita - didn't much taste like a margarita, didn't care for it

I have discovered that I really like (hot) cinnamon flavors and am on a quest to find the perfect one, so I have ordered the following from Mt Baker:
Cinnamon Red Hot
Hot Tamale
Venom

I have also ordered some Extreme Ice (I like sweet mint flavors as well).

Kazou

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Duvall, WA, USA
Definitively Extreme Ice is a must and must be tried even if you don't think you like minthy fresh juice. This was an eye opener for me and totally change my view of what vaping is about.

All my successful experience with MBV has been in the Ice line. I also enjoyed "Lightning" citrus/ice mix and I have a couple more of their signature line in the mailbox (hopefully today :)).

Cinnamon Bun was also very enjoyable after 1 week steep for me.

Everyone that I refered to MBV told me that they were very impressed... Hope you like James' concoctions.

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
I know you said you didn't like banana, but the banana nut bread from Mt. Baker, to me, is very tasty. I also enjoy their Caramel Apple, Cinnamon Roll, and Caramel Coffee (after a 1 week steep). Everyone is different though. James also helped me with a custom blend of blueberry, banana, cinnamon, sweet cream and pie crust flavors. Very tasty.

samazon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
MS
I'm in LOVE with Solar Flare - think sweet tarts type candy - and Ecto Cooler - which is less "tang" to me and more "orange peel" but I haven't let it steep.

I've got almost all their signature flavors on order, so. I'll come back tomorrow night with some raving lunatic joy.

If you haven't been quit for long the extra flavor kick is good. I get mine with at least +1.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
And.. and... if you trust your own instincts Mt. Baker has that really cool "build a bottle" option where you can pick your own flavors, proportions and create your own madness. It's a really great thing to do DIY, but not have to invest all the time and money - and storage space - into what normally comes along with DIY at home.

Having said that, it's probably best to hold off on this until after at least your first order. Once you have tried a few Mt. Baker "stock" flavors you will have an idea of what to expect regarding taste and strength of their flavorings.

Kazou

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Duvall, WA, USA
So I got my vapemail from Mt Baker yesterday.

Solar Flare is absolutely amazing. It is an Orange Tic-Tac for me and spot on. Very refreshing right out of the bottle but I will let it mellow a bit. Definitively need to be shaken as separation is obvious in the bottle.

Tidal Wave is mellow, complex flavor. I definitively get the lemon grass (not grassy) a the sweet honey (but not too sweet) from it. No much "icyness" from it.

I have a big bottle of Lightning, and 2 bottles of his Extreme Ice flavoring for DIY so I will get 300 ml of Extreme Ice variations :)

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Alrighty. I'm combing through the suggestions above and modifying... Er.... Oh heck let's just be honest I'm GROWING my list. I received a sample size of Djarum Black juice last night and am rather enjoying it, so I might have to add some of the spicier flavors (mmmmm, Cinnamon Bun) to my list.

Thanks especially for the feedback on Tidal Wave. Lemongrass and honey just sounded like an amazing night-time vape to me. Maybe at a wee bit of the Extreme Ice to frost it up a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread