Mt Baker Vapor - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
So an update ... I like sweeter vapes after dinner (how stereotypical, right?) and tonight I cheated and filled a clearo with the MBV Hot Chocolate that they sent free(!) and even though it has not "steeped" but for six days since the "born on" date ... It's fantastic. I admit to liking sort of sweet flavors and this isn't the first chocolate that's caught my attention but so far it is the BEST chocolate that's caught my attention and it truly taste like my idea of hot chocolate. Recommend. Of course, I'm a newbie with limited experience but I'll be back to report on the other flavors as I go along ... If anyone is interested.

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
MBV has always been great to deal with; the customer service is quick and very helpful. Some of the flavors I've liked more than others, but most have been well received, even fresh from the order. Steeping is ongoing, though with some flavors I have lacked the patience when the orders arrived and dove right in, usually keeping a dedicated atty or carto for the stronger flavors. Having a big appetite in the beginning for numerous tastes, there is plenty of time now to understand and enjoy them even more :toast:

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Hey TrueBlueNC,

I'm not an advanced vaper either, but love MBV. With regard to their caramel coffee, I wasn't much of a fan at first. After 10 days I thought it was alright. At 4 weeks, I fell in love. If you like tobacco flavors, I think it their caramel coffee mixes excellently (but then, coffee and a cigarette was always my idea of heaven.) I'm not sure why that particular flavor seems so much better after long steeping, but it's totally worth it for me. Graham cracker seemed to be the same.

I also like sweet flavors; have you tried their banana gone nuts or banana nut bread or butterscotch? All good right from the mailbox and even better after steeping a little. You mentioned a preference for chocolate - if you like a fudge-y chocolate taste, give their fudge brownie a whirl. It's not a candybar, milk chocolate taste though; it really is reminiscent of fudge.

Their 555 is also a nice, complex blend I can't quite put my finger on, but enjoy as an ADV sometimes. I found I'm not a big fan of fruity flavors in general, but their caramel apple is yummy - rich on the intake and an exhale of red apple skin. I also mix this one with tobacco.

I'm interested to ear how you receive their flavors, so update us please!

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hi Bellerine, thanks for the reply and the support! No, I haven't yet had chance to try anything other than the original order I posted about earlier. And those have just now reached 10 days past their bottling date. Speaking of which ...

Today, I filled up a clearo with Mt. Baker Vapor 555 for the first time ... I've been steeping for one week and the juices are 10 days old. First, the vapor production on this 50/50 mix using my entry level rig with a Kanger clearo was excellent, I mean just plumes of vapor. Excellent. And the throat hit at 12mg is perfect ... not too harsh but definitely there and very satisfying. Now, the flavor ... just a slight tobacco base, a nice rich caramel but not too sweet with a slightly sour, sort of nutty coffee finish. It doesn't taste like any 555 I've had before. But I like it very much. However, my husband, who generally has a 555 as his ADV, isn't fond of this one, the slight sour note on the finish turns him off. I will happily vape this up without his help. So, in conclusion, in my novice opinion Mt. Baker Vapor 555 is a winner and definite reorder. More to come ..

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I ordered some Ry4 from MBV among others and didn't like the smell or flavor at all.... Was actually nothing like any RY4 ...

Letting it steep and will revisit after probably 3 weeks...left the cap off for two days instead of one and shaking and venting daily. I will be surprised if I end up vaping this at all.

I also ordered Banana and afternoon delight (pina colada) which are pretty good out of the mail. Also they tossed in a free cherry tea at 12mg where my other juice is at 24mg nice but would have liked a higher mg, no worries it was free and a nice touch but also not my cup of tea (pun inteneded).

The shipping is fast and customer service seems good.... Mt. Baker Vapor is a decent place, but not high end juice IMO. It's good , but not great.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
After tasting the Butterscotch at a vape meet I just ordered 2xx ml, 18mg, 2 extra shots and same in 0 nic. Although I vape 18mg and was using my Caramel, in REO, with RBA, the 6mg dripped into my RBA added the punch DH and I both have been wanting. I've tried many Butterscotches in the 2.5 years vaping and I'll tell ya I was certainly impressed. DH is wanting to lower his nic from 18mg but doesn't want to lose the TH. We basically have used Butterscotch as our only juice or spiced up a bit with vanilla or almond. Really looking forward to getting it and hope I can let it steep a little. It will be hard.

And thank you so very much Ratman, for not only turning me onto this juice but sending me home with a 30ml bottle of 6mg that has been steeping for 4X months.

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Update.... First the date on my previous post is wrong. I was probably using my old iBook and hadn't reset the date after battery had run down....... So date of post was some time early May.

DH and I have been out of the 18 mg 2X shot Butterscotch for a couple of weeks and that is 256 ml so seems we really like it.:D Time to order more. Two things.... DH has been adding some plain VG or PG, no nic, to each tank. I forgot to remind him about the 256ml of 2X shot 0 nic Butterscotch but the whole time using no flavor/no nic to cut he hasn't complained about lack of flavor or TH.:) Other thing is...... I was doing some organizing yesterday and ran across my MBV invoice and had to do a couple of double takes on the ridiculously low cost of such a pleasing juice!!

Time to order more!!!

We did not like the toasted almond. Just our preference for sure but 2X shot was way too strong while 2X shot Butterscotch was perfect for us. Again, just our extremely narrow range of flavors we like is main factor not liking it. I doubt we would like any toasted almond from any vendor or even DIY.

Time to order more Butterscotch from MVB. We got 50/50 PG/VG. I think I'm going up in VG a tiny bit just because I can.:)

Thanks MBV for excellent juice at shockingly low price and great CS.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
since you like to have some zero nic around, have you tried cutting the toasted almond with some plain pg or vg to see if it works better for you? Luckily, it is very inexpensive juice, but on the other hand, better to play around with it than waste it (unless you know someone who loves almond or want to PIF)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
since you like to have some zero nic around, have you tried cutting the toasted almond with some plain pg or vg to see if it works better for you? Luckily, it is very inexpensive juice, but on the other hand, better to play around with it than waste it (unless you know someone who loves almond or want to PIF)

Thanks for suggestion. We did cut it but neither of us like the flavor. Just us and no critism of the juice. I only ordered 30 mg each of the 18 and 0 (at MBV prices almost like free). I'm sending it to another vaper. I'm sure she'll pass it on if it's not for her.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Vyvyene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hesperia , California
If you all like chocolate try the Nutella flavor from mtb... it is sooo on the spot, makes me want to eat a piece of bread with it... outright yummy... I like a lot of their juices and in the summer I enjoy the cucumber mint... its not like a menthol more like a mild spearmint with a fresh cucumber.., just my 2 cents.

TexSG

Jun 16, 2013
Texas
I love MBV and agree with Rocketpunk. The first order I got from them was American Tobacco and when I first got it I was like 'Oh no, this is going to be horrible.' I then did the stupid thing of trying it right out of the box and it confirmed my initial thought. But, after a little research and reading the letter that James sent I realized that its highly suggest to steep.

I hope that does the job. First impression on the bottle that arrived today is that it's like walking into a fresh Port-A-Can on a hot day.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
After tasting the Butterscotch at a vape meet I just ordered 2xx ml, 18mg, 2 extra shots and same in 0 nic. Although I vape 18mg and was using my Caramel, in REO, with RBA, the 6mg dripped into my RBA added the punch DH and I both have been wanting. I've tried many Butterscotches in the 2.5 years vaping and I'll tell ya I was certainly impressed. DH is wanting to lower his nic from 18mg but doesn't want to lose the TH. We basically have used Butterscotch as our only juice or spiced up a bit with vanilla or almond. Really looking forward to getting it and hope I can let it steep a little. It will be hard.

And thank you so very much Ratman, for not only turning me onto this juice but sending me home with a 30ml bottle of 6mg that has been steeping for 4X months.

Feisty Alice

Hey, don't want to hijack the thread but i have like 60mL of butterscotch i can't even smell :p same as your order(18mg, 2 drops, 50/50) just hit me with a PM and i'm willing to send them your way for free if the shipping does not kill me :p

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
Ziggy-- my impression from what I've read of Banana Nut Bread and Banana Gone Nuts is that the nut bread is what it was originally listed as, and then for some reason they decided to change the name-- however they never took off the original from the website so it's listed as both even though it's the same--

pretty sure someone else (or MBV) can confirm this.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Hey, don't want to hijack the thread but i have like 60mL of butterscotch i can't even smell :p same as your order(18mg, 2 drops, 50/50) just hit me with a PM and i'm willing to send them your way for free if the shipping does not kill me :p

How generous. Thanks. PM sent. Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread