MTL drip tip keeps clogging up and juice in mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
I'm having to blow out my mtl drip tip atleast 20 times a day. 14 watts. 390f ss standard coil with 10 wrap slightly spaced in a MD tank. Black note e liquid 50/50. 4 to 5 second draw.
Is this normal? Seems to be a bit much. Wasting many drops of liquid per day because of this and I'm getting annoyed with it getting into my mouth so often, especially when on the road.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Does it "gurgle"? Could be flooding a bit (and that's fairly thin juice) Maybe need a few more watts and airflow (really tight airflow will cause thin juice to wick too much) Also, do you tip the mod way up when you vape (I try to keep mine more upright)
One of my RTAs leaks a bit at the top seal... juice leaks into top of chimney. Yes, it tastes nasty and too much will upset your stomach. I haven't tried Black Note but hear it's really good (I can't afford it) You could try adding a little plain VG to it but it will dilute the flavor and nic some.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
No gurgling.
I hold the mod upright when vaping, but even letting sit at a angle, it doesn't give me issues.
I got a new juice coming the the mail that is 70vg, so I'll see if that makes any difference.
Blacknote has a special going. 80ml worth, 8 flavors 10ml each for $20 free shipping. I recommend getting a 6mg and 3mg and mixing to get that full flavor throat hit.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Blacknote has a special going. 80ml worth, 8 flavors 10ml each for $20 free shipping. I recommend getting a 6mg and 3mg and mixing to get that full flavor throat hit.
OMG I'm so exited... thanks for the tip! I don't give a hoot about throat hit and I'll be using it in my MTL drop-in coils tanks so around 9-12 mg for me (I use lower in my RTAs)
One last thought... if your tank sits in a really warn environment (especially in a hot car) or even in your pocket it makes the juice even thinner. Is your coil 2.5 mm ID?

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Flavor Tip.
Cigarette and Cigar don't taste very good. Mix the 2 and it creates a whole different flavor that is good.

Yes, my coil is 2.5 28g at 1ohm.
Here a image of a 8 wrap.
10 wraps gives me a better width to keep cotton away from air holes.

20200409_175812.jpg 20200409_175735.jpg

Reactions: CagedSpam

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Seems like mass build up of condensation. Pulled my tip off and actually dripped onto the floor. Look down the tank and it's clean, just builds up in the tip..

try using a tip that has a slightly larger bore than the bore of the chimney of the RTA

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Flattered. Gracias!
    Off the top of my head, I see that little "nub" that the MD drip tips have as a possible choke point for condensation.
    As noted by @AngeNZ ; a drip tip with a wider bore or one without the "nub" might sort out the issue.

The coil looks great.
    I might use a bit more wick (you are vaping 50/50, right?) and I would "shoulder" each side of the wick a bit more before dropping it into the wick holes.
    I am OCD about wick on the deck of my RTAs.

OP: Do you get any juice weeping from the air holes?
    Is the liquid captured by the drip tip darker than the liquid in the tank?

Cheers
    I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    try using a tip that has a slightly larger bore than the bore of the chimney of the RTA

After looking at pics of the Hellvape MD tank, I agree. But the fact that it has so much condensation in it that it runs out on the floor and doesn't just run onto your coil instead is kinda strange to me.

Is it really condensation (thin like water) or is it about as thick as the e-liquid? If thick, you're sucking liquid into your tip, in which case I would say you need to turn it up a watt or 2 before you try a different tip.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I'm having to blow out my mtl drip tip atleast 20 times a day. 14 watts. 390f ss standard coil with 10 wrap slightly spaced in a MD tank. Black note e liquid 50/50. 4 to 5 second draw.
    Is this normal? Seems to be a bit much. Wasting many drops of liquid per day because of this and I'm getting annoyed with it getting into my mouth so often, especially when on the road.

Are you using the drip tip that came with the tank? I have several MDs, I use the drip tips that came with the tanks and I usually vape 70% pg juice at 14 - 14.5 watts and I don't have that problem. If you are using a drip tip that has a narrower inner diameter than the chimney of the tank, that can cause condensation problems.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2011
    Washington
    Yes, I'm using the small drip tip that came with the tank. I don't remember having this problem the first few days of vaping, but now it's a constant problem. I vape between 12 and 15 watts, but I set my temp between 350 to 390f to help eliminate my lips getting burnt from the hot drip tip with a 4 to 5 second draw.

• Optimistic

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Yes, I'm using the small drip tip that came with the tank. I don't remember having this problem the first few days of vaping, but now it's a constant problem. I vape between 12 and 15 watts, but I set my temp between 350 to 390f to help eliminate my lips getting burnt from the hot drip tip with a 4 to 5 second draw.

I wish I could help, but I can't think of anything to suggest. Good luck to you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread