MTL for wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Hey guys! Yesterday my household ran out of smoke... Short story, please bear. It used to be my wife and I smoked. I started vaping 3 years ago and 100% converted by September 2018. It was a loooong on and off thing for me, but eventually I made it. My wife, she lights up only once a day, in the bathroom, you know... And yesterday she ran out of smokes. She only tried my vape gear once when they were brand new. She forgot how it was and I remember she said it produces too much vapor and she don't like it. But it was forgotten and only yesterday she had to borrow it from me again to use in the bathroom. She was in some serious face when she came out, asking me if this thing is really safe? I gave her a serious face too saying of course yes, and no not 100%, etc, blah blah blah as I explain stuff. She is worried by the vapor production and she said she can't even swallow half of one hit! It was a Kylin mini with OBS cube. What do you expect? Yeah? But she's not a vaper so I give her that. I said I will buy something else for her, and MTL is the only thing for her. At least that's what I think.

She's not gonna bring it everywhere, so I don't need a POD exclusive for her. I just need a tank and she will borrow from me. Selfish, I know... :nah: But it's more efficient that way IMO for once a day use. And instead of asking what is the best MTL and realizing it's not available from where I am, I'm gonna list what I can buy, and tell me what's my best choice? I never tried MTL and I might as well try and maybe like it... Maybe...

What's available to me are, Merlin MTL RTA, Hastur MTL mini RTA, Asvape Zeta MTL, Advken Manta MTL, Vandyvape Berserker mini... I think that's all... What do you guys think?

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Innokin Kroma kit with Ares tank (if you want to rebuild) or Innokin Kroma kit with Zenith tank (if you want drop in coil heads).

I've been seeing this name pop up so many times now... Sounds like very good reputation. Sadly I can't see them listed on online stores from where I am. I need to check the local vape shop for that.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I would just get a berserker mini and let her use your cube when she's in the bathroom. See first if she'll actually use it before buying something specific. I've been burned too many times buying things for family members only for the novelty to wear off after 3 days.

If it does the job, you can even give her the cube and get something newer and shinier for yourself.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
What's available to me are, Merlin MTL RTA, Hastur MTL mini RTA, Asvape Zeta MTL, Advken Manta MTL, Vandyvape Berserker mini... I think that's all... What do you guys think?

Out of those choices...I'd definitely recommend the Berserker Mini. The Berserkers are my all-time favorite MTL RTA. They provide very smooth vapor, have lots of flavor, and are easy to build on. They also are efficient at using eliquid, so even a small 2mL tankful lasts a good while. :)

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Out of those choices...I'd definitely recommend the Berserker Mini. The Berserkers are my all-time favorite MTL RTA. They provide very smooth vapor, have lots of flavor, and are easy to build on. They also are efficient at using eliquid, so even a small 2mL tankful lasts a good while. :)

2nd Berserker recommendation!... Okay, thanks! Looks solid too with the included metal tube!

If it does the job, you can even give her the cube and get something newer and shinier for yourself.

Exactly what I'm thinking! :D You're a psychic! :vapor:

Reactions: Letitia

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like the Beserker and it's easy to fill and virtually leakproof as attys go, but you do have to unscrew and replace the top cap to fill.

Recently, I bought an EHPro True. It has a 1/4 turn top cap that exposes slots for refill. Easy Peasy, good flavor, and it doesn't leak. I like it with the air ring on the large hole, but it goes down 4 steps from there to a really tight MTL if you want that. Flavor is on a par with the Beserker. It's 2ml with the straight glass tube or 3ml if you install the bubble glass tube.

True MTL RTA by Ehpro

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I like the Beserker and it's easy to fill and virtually leakproof as attys go, but you do have to unscrew and replace the top cap to fill.

Lots of us have found that to eliminate gurgles or flooding sometimes when topfilling...bottomfilling instead works, and is easy. Still have to remove a part to do it anyway, which is fine with me when I know I'll get a terrific vape from it. :thumbs:

Have recently been trying a Zenith, too. To me, it's the closest thing to the quality of vape I get from a Berserker. It takes drop-in coils, for those who either don't want to use an RTA and/or need the convenience of drop-in coils at times.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd try to get the Innokin Zenith if you can find it for MTL. I'm a DTL vaper and the draw is a little too tight for me, but I can tolerate it for short periods of time. I find I have to work too hard and long to get a satisfying hit, and it makes my cheeks hurt.

I got my daughter a Zenith tank to put on the Geekvape Mini mod for Christmas. She's a recreational social vaper and can't really handle the DTL setups that her BF and myself use. I'll see how she likes it this weekend when we exchange gifts for a late Christmas.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I still have a week before my wife run out of smokes. I'll fly to the Philippines on Wednesday and be back here on Thursday. I saw lots of vape booths there in malls and everywhere! I'll definitely visit a shop or two when I get there. I'll go to the local vape shop here too this weekend and if I get nothing, I'll pull the trigger on the Berserker on Sunday if I can't get a hold of that Innokin.

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread