MTL RTA : Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA, how does it compare to the Vandy Vape Berserka mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get their hands on the new vapefly galaxy MTL Tank and if so how does it do.

I have had my vandy vape beserka mini since i started vaping and recently looked on the net to see any news about recent mtl tanks and the Galaxy grabbed my attention and seems to have good reviews.

Although i really like my beserka mini i still have a couple issues with it but no tank is perfect its simply a case of finding the best mtl tank for me. The biggest issue with all the mtl tanks ive tried (pretty much all of them) is to set the tanks up to give me the perfect mtl draw. Although the berserka is the best ive used for airflow settings i for me it's still not bang on for my perfect draw but still around 75% there.

The main reason im looking at the vapefly as its unique two way airflow control in which it has two airflow control sliders on each side, im thinking this would offer me more control than the berserka to get my perfect vape.

Dont get me wrong the berserka is a fantastic tank despite its floors, and although its the best mtl tank ive owned if i can get something like this vapefly with more airflow settings allowing me to get a more customizable mtl vape i will happily shelf the beserka.

Anyone got any thoughs on the galaxy?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get their hands on the new vapefly galaxy MTL Tank and if so how does it do.

I have had my vandy vape beserka mini since i started vaping and recently looked on the net to see any news about recent mtl tanks and the Galaxy grabbed my attention and seems to have good reviews.

Although i really like my beserka mini i still have a couple issues with it but no tank is perfect its simply a case of finding the best mtl tank for me. The biggest issue with all the mtl tanks ive tried (pretty much all of them) is to set the tanks up to give me the perfect mtl draw. Although the berserka is the best ive used for airflow settings i for me it's still not bang on for my perfect draw but still around 75% there.

The main reason im looking at the vapefly as its unique two way airflow control in which it has two airflow control sliders on each side, im thinking this would offer me more control than the berserka to get my perfect vape.

Dont get me wrong the berserka is a fantastic tank despite its floors, and although its the best mtl tank ive owned if i can get something like this vapefly with more airflow settings allowing me to get a more customizable mtl vape i will happily shelf the beserka.

Anyone got any thoughs on the galaxy?

I haven't tried the beserker, but have used the vapefly galaxies. I prefer a really really loose mtl (restricted lung hit), and found it too tight, even on the loosest settings. So if you like the berserker, I think you'd love the galaxies (unless you are after a loose restricted lung hit ;))

The way you can increase/decrease airflow with the restrictor blocks and then the gear wheels, gives you plenty of variety. The flavour was awesome too.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    The way you can increase/decrease airflow with the restrictor blocks and then the gear wheels, gives you plenty of variety. The flavour was awesome too.

Plenty of variety??? Tight, very tight, very very tight and extremely tight. And to set up those variances you have to have very good eyesight as those two gears on both sides of tank that control it have to be perfectly centered to expose fully those tiny holes and there is no any stop that let you know it. Anyway no matter how I will set up air flow on this tank or which restrictor block I install draw is way too tight... and flavor is...... meh....

Having said that for berserker lover this tank can be interesting.... you can make it tighter than berserker!

If there is one tank I most regretted to buy... it is definitelly Vapefly Galaxies RTA.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    Thanks all im definitely all in for MTL and i currently run my bezerka on the third smallest air hole so i do like a tight vape.

I managed to get one for a good price so i will give it a try and if im not a fan of it then ill send it back. I can see the windy wheels on the galaxies tank being very fiddly tho but i suppose the system allows for more settings. I will try it and see how i get on :)

• Winner
    Reactions: AngeNZ

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    I have both, and if Galaxies had a better system for setting the airflow it would be a winner. It is better in flavor and vapor production than Berserker. But the airflow setting is just horrible and makes it almost unusable. Also Berserker can be set to much tighter airflow.

If thats the case i will be sending it back, some people have said the berserka has better flavour and some say the opposite I will try it but i will need to be impressive to replace my berserka.

Im suprised the berserka can be tighter considering the amount of settings the galaxies has. Ah well guess ill see thanks for the reply

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    If thats the case i will be sending it back, some people have said the berserka has better flavour and some say the opposite I will try it but i will need to be impressive to replace my berserka.

Im suprised the berserka can be tighter considering the amount of settings the galaxies has. Ah well guess ill see thanks for the reply

I found the airflow controls on the airflow ring easy enough to use. It comes with a smaller airflow hole restrictor block already installed, which may suit you. I also found it easy enough to swap the blocks over, just unscrew first (which I didn't so the first time :facepalm:)

Lalli

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2018
    What is your favourite mtl rta?

Dvarw, Spica Pro and Berserker are on daily use, I like tight draw and they got it. And Galaxies rta sometimes. Evl Reaper v3 is very good too, just got it. Don’t have mtl- deck for it yet so it’s too loose.
    And yes, the expensive ones are all clones.

Reactions: MartinD

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    Just to update i have received the Galaxies RTA today and have been vaping both the galaxies and the berserka side by side. Ive got to say i actually prefer the galaxies and thats saying a lot considering i have loved my berserka mini since the day i got it. Simply put i personally think the flavor is better on the galaxies and without a doubt it has better airflow, probably because its a bigger tank.

The biggest thing is the air control customization the galaxies offers in my opinion it just hands down beats the berserka, this is the main reason i wanted to try something else. I can really fine tune the tank just how i like it and already getting preferred draws from the galaxies and have not even got round to playing around with the diffrent block options it comes with.

I really wanted the berserka to be my favourite, i think the berserka looks better and i much prefer the deck than the galaxies. I think this will probably be my daily tank.

I however think the jog wheels on the galaxies could be bigger and easier to read. I find myself having to guess a lot, no tanks perfect but for me i think this tank has won me over.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    One thing to note that a lot of reviews have not mentioned for those who are looking to buy the galaxy. If you have a smaller mod with the battery enclosure being close to your tank such as my pico, with the galaxies the little wheels will slightly touch the battery cap and it will nock the wheels out of your settings. It's not a major issue as the tank snaps on without much issue, but its better to take the battery cap of if you have a similar style mod so that you don't loose your settings. You can see how close my tank is to the battery cap on the photo.

Attachments

• 15482772755777777322216869104701.jpg
      15482772755777777322216869104701.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 65

Lalli

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2018
    ...I however think the jog wheels on the galaxies could be bigger and easier to read. I find myself having to guess a lot, no tanks perfect but for me i think this tank has won me over.

Glad you like it. But those dials are really too small, markings on them are way too small and they move too easily in your pocket. Impossible to adjust in darker environment, you just can't see the setting.
    They should release V2 with simpler/normal afc and it will be excellent tank in every aspect.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    Glad you like it. But those dials are really too small, markings on them are way too small and they move too easily in your pocket. Impossible to adjust in darker environment, you just can't see the setting.
    They should release V2 with simpler/normal afc and it will be excellent tank in every aspect.

Ive went from liking the tank to loving it since ive used it further. The main thing i wanted was a mtl tank with lots of customizable air flow options and this tank's two jog wheel system for me does exactly that. Im very varient on how i like my mtl draw, some times i like it tighter and on the mornings i like it more open and i often like to experiment this tank exceeds in this department.

I agree tho the two jog wheel system does have issues for the advanrages it brings. I think one thing they could do to improve the issue you raised about the dials, they could maybe bring a design out in which the options would have touch prints on them. Like maybe 1 dot for 1, 2 dots for 2 that way you could tell what your settings are on without having to see it, so it would work in low light also.

Other things ive noticed the airflow is so much better than the berserka for me, vapour production a whole lot better. Im unintentionally throwing bigger clouds on 11 w with the galaxies than 15 w on the berserka on a identical coil.

One thing i will mention is a good thing about the wheel design on galaxies, as i find it easier to change the options (in good light ) than i do with the usual single ring design like majority of tanks. I often find with the berserka i need to take it of the mod to change it otherwise i loosen the base

Small but the top cap is so much more plush to remove and install on the galaxies because of the berserka mini being small theirs harldy enough threads for the top cap and it can be a pain for me to get the thing on without fighting it. Its not much a issue but with the small tank on the berserka i have to refill it so oftern that it gets a bit annoying.

The flavor is amazing on the galaxys and the berserka's flavor was already good but now when i vape the berserka the flavour feels a little bit muted in comparison. The berserka mini does look better i think many will agree and is more compact and personally the deck on the berserka is less fiddily and a little bit more forgiving to build on. Also i really dont like the stubbys drip tips on the galaxies so im using the one of the berserka.

Had no major leaking issues with the galaxies as of yet. Really glad i got it despite a few issues it has as all tanks do i suppose. Hopefully this thread will help those in a similar situation :)

• Agree
    Reactions: Umaq14

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    i have both.

berserker mini
    - smooth quiet airflow.
    - good flavor.
    - good smooth draw.
    - wicking can be tricky. wick too much, dry hit. wick too little, i get leaks.
    - refilling can be a pain. fill, turn cap once, turn upside down to close. can still leak. cant get the cap to open sometimes. barely anyhing to fix my grip on.

galaxies rta
    - excellent flavor.
    - good draw.
    - easy, no hassle refill.
    - i like that the base is solid. no airflow ring where juice can wet the deck without you seeing it, until theres a lot to clean up.
    - easy to build. never had to rewick this thing.
    - never experienced leaks or condensation. sometimes stick some tissue in the airholes just to check, unbelievably always dry.
    - cant remove original 2ml glass from the top. soaked in hot water, drops of juice, used the tank, and its still stuck. im afraid removing it will tear off the silicone like it almost did on my rdta. not a big deal.
    - tried all block options. some airflow settings would whistle. and i would often turn the afc without knowing until i take a hit.

both are excellent tanks to have. i enjoyed using them. i dont think the perfect tank has been made... yet. but if i had to keep only one (between these two), id keep the galaxies.

Reactions: vapemate93

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    i have both.

berserker mini
    - smooth quiet airflow.
    - good flavor.
    - good smooth draw.
    - wicking can be tricky. wick too much, dry hit. wick too little, i get leaks.
    - refilling can be a pain. fill, turn cap once, turn upside down to close. can still leak. cant get the cap to open sometimes. barely anyhing to fix my grip on.

galaxies rta
    - excellent flavor.
    - good draw.
    - easy, no hassle refill.
    - i like that the base is solid. no airflow ring where juice can wet the deck without you seeing it, until theres a lot to clean up.
    - easy to build. never had to rewick this thing.
    - never experienced leaks or condensation. sometimes stick some tissue in the airholes just to check, unbelievably always dry.
    - cant remove original 2ml glass from the top. soaked in hot water, drops of juice, used the tank, and its still stuck. im afraid removing it will tear off the silicone like it almost did on my rdta. not a big deal.
    - tried all block options. some airflow settings would whistle. and i would often turn the afc without knowing until i take a hit.

both are excellent tanks to have. i enjoyed using them. i dont think the perfect tank has been made... yet. but if i had to keep only one (between these two), id keep the galaxies.

Simply could not agree anymore with you

Lalli

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2018

That glass really does stick tight to the top o-ring. I managed to remove mine for cleaning when the tank was brand new, but even then it felt like the glass will break any moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread