MTL Zenith coils lasting less then a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promentory

Feb 7, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I prefer using the 1.6 ohm coils, typically at 14w. Lately I've noticed me coils are burning quickly, so I lowered down to 12 watts. Typically the flavor is amazing, and then within a few days the flavor amounts to nothing, still producing vapor. And aburnt taste ensues shortly after.

I am using 50/50 juice. Part of the issue is I am using sweet juices from a brand called "Evaperate". I tried a flavor from them and I was hooked. My two favorite flavors are Hannibal Nectar and Tropicandy. I have tried other brands and nothing satisfied my cravings and gives the flavor these do. I am also using 12 mg nicotine strength, I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Is mixing flavors particularly bad for the coil? If I am running low, and the coil is still good, sometimes I put a new flavor in. Should I keep all the flavors separate, with their individual coils?

I don't have the spare funds right now to just try a bunch of different companies in hopes of finding one that works. On my last order, once my two favorite juices ran out, I was pretty much back to smoking regularily.

Do anyone have any idea, are the coils just hit or misses? Is it the sweet flavors I am buying. I am also using an eleaf 25 pico, which goes up to 85w, and am using it at a very low watt, could it not be very precise?

Thank you.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Dark or colored or overly flavored and especially sweet liquids clog wicking & gunk coils rapidly which of course means very short head life.

A week doesn't mean much, how many mls of liquid are you vaping per head before they are unsatisfactory?

Not much you can do if you enjoy goopy gunky type liquids other than use an rba of some sort so you can change wicking & clean coil(s) when flavor takes a dump.
Or use non sweet not overly flavored clear liquids.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man tell me your secret I can't get my Zenith coils to die.

I'm going to guess it's gunk in your juice (sweetener, NETs, too much VG) and open your airflow especially if you chain vape. It kinda doesn't matter almost what your wattage is, if you chain vape, the tank will overheat.

Best of luck. Also, yeah, depending on how much ml you run through them, it will probably have an effect as well.

Anna

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
I have to agree with Anna on coil life. I've been running the 1.6 for eight weeks, in rotation with approximately 100ml through it. Not my diy juice, but a 70vg dark sweet bakery flavor. 12 watts air flow wide open.
Are you certain you have authentic coils?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Should I keep all the flavors separate, with their individual coils?
You could try and see if that helps. Your base problem is there are certain types of flavors you like and your "coils" are not lasting. I suspect your saying that the wicks are not lasting and the flavor is disappearing and/or the taste from the burnt wick is masking the flavor. When your stuck with an off the shelf product and on a budget, can't afford to keep paying for taste, it's time to bite the bullet. Might consider build/buy your own coils and thread them with a clean wick for near zero cost any time you please. Could read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Atomizer vs. Cartomizer vs. Clearomizer. The Ultimate Guide
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/
I Love my RDA
By using an RDA you can:
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will: <--------------------------------------------------------- can build higher ohm coils and experiment
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
with *less watts.
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$) <--------------------------------------------------------- Can change the wick anytime, it takes less than a minute.
Less likely spit back
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
Less exposure to carcinogens at high temps
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
r/electronic_cigarette - Resistance is futile. Ohms are not king. Wattage is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread