Much Cheaper than smoking... uh... OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Anyone else absolutely not fall into this category...

Look, I'm glad I finally kicked analogs after 20 years, I can't believe vaping is so satisfying... I fell into the category of "I don't want to quit" I enjoy it too much, yet here I am... a non-smoker. :O

I'm not even a month in yet (25 days) but I've never gone this long without a smoke and I don't even care, I enjoy vaping so far, although I'm a little worried what will happen when I run out of gear to buy.

My smoking addiction has changed into buying vaping gear...

I used to smoke a pack a day, but I've spent almost a years worth of cigarette smoking in 25 days on all kinds of crap.

At one point I was tracking 22 packages.. I'm completely addicted to vaping gear, and at this rate it will cost me a hell of a lot more than smoking ever did.

I guess the justification is my health, but crap... smoking was a lot cheaper than vaping.

And that's the truth.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!

Look, I'm glad I finally kicked analogs after 20 years, I can't believe vaping is so satisfying... I fell into the category of "I don't want to quit" I enjoy it too much, yet here I am... a non-smoker. :O

I'm not even a month in yet (25 days) but I've never gone this long without a smoke and I don't even care, I enjoy vaping so far, although I'm a little worried what will happen when I run out of gear to buy.

I used to smoke a pack a day, but I've spent almost a years worth of cigarette smoking in 25 days on all kinds of crap.

At one point I was tracking 22 packages.. I'm completely addicted to vaping gear, and at this rate it will cost me a hell of a lot more than smoking ever did.

I guess the justification is my health, but crap... smoking was a lot cheaper than vaping.

And that's the truth.

Theoretically, you can reach a point where the novelty isn't as intense and you mostly just spend on maintenance. THAT is the point where you'll begin to catch up to what you would have spent on cigarettes.

Theoretically....

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Reading ECF too much tends to lead to buying a lot of vaping gear ;)

There's light at the end of the tunnel for most people though. The last mod I bought was on 4/28/2012. I never got in to DIY juice, so I still spend about ~$50 or so a month on juice... and even though I own a rebuildable atty, I've never used it, so about every ~6 months I spend ~$40 on attys. I'm averaging maybe $55 a month for vaping supplies when my brand of cigs used to cost me about $6 a day (taxes on them went up in the last three and a half years - a fellow ahead of me in a convenience store the other day spent almost $7 on a pack of the same brand).

Many who get in to DIY juice and rebuldables end up spending less than half what I do a month... So, there's hope :)

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Theoretically speaking, vaping is MUCH cheaper than smoking. That's IF you only get into this to quit smoking and only buy the essentials you need every month. If this becomes a hobby it can be just as expensive if not more than smoking. On the up side I can guarantee it's a hell of alot better for your body.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Theoretically speaking, vaping is MUCH cheaper than smoking. That's IF you only get into this to quit smoking and only buy the essentials you need every month. If this becomes a hobby it can be just as expensive if not more than smoking. On the up side I can guarantee it's a hell of alot better for your body.

Also, you have a lot of cool stuff to show for it where with smoking you've got nothing but a lingering stink.

heroinesick

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Louisville, KY

And that's the truth.

This is true. However, I did notice that this died down for me after I found stuff that I was really happy with. I still try new stuff and have to buy batteries and blah blah blah.. but I spend a LOT less money than I did in the beginning. When I first started, it was like a poop ton of juice and tanks and heads and Kanthal and ohm meters.. blah blah blah. Now it's just backups of juice and backups of batteries and stockpiling heads. Right now at this point we really only spend about $100 a month on average for two people. That's a LOT less than smoking. :)

Just let the "Oooo shiny!" wear off. Then you'll be good to go. :)

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Yeah, the reality of it is if you want to save money, then go into RYO tobacco. Carton of smokes via RYO is like $8-$12, or somewhere around $5 if you go dirt cheap on tobacco and tubes.

However if you want to save your health, you have to pay through the teeth with ecigs and the result is gallons upon gallons of eliquid from 200 different vendors and so many accessories and parts you could start your own business. But you will be a lot healthier than if you were smoking tobacco.

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
I was in the same category, saw no reason to quit smoking but then I found vaping . I'm six months in and spend half of the $350/month I spent on analogs on juice and devices. well sort of , I've overspent this proposed budget on more than one month. but as has been pointed out, you do end up with some cool stuff and not just a pile of butts

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Lol, this story sounds all too familiar. Believe it or not ecigs can be cheaper than smoking. However, like most of us here you find things that you want to buy... All the time! Then you buy them just like the rest of us. I'm probably about $500.00 into this so far )Not including the stuff I bought a few years ago), and it's only been a few months. If I would have just stuck to the ego I bought and just juice and coils fo the tank that came with the ego. I would probably only have spent $100.00 so far (not counting juice). Then I would have spent much less than I was spending in analogs. Now I'm even contemplating buying a Provari and a MVP. I'm thinking this is not a way to save money over analogs. But It's kind of turning into a hobby... Or should I say obsession? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread