The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

multiple battery charger/ wooden box mod

Discussion in '"Where can I get a .......?"' started by BoomBoom65, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BoomBoom65

BoomBoom65 Super Member ECF Veteran

I like to setup about 6 e cigarettes every morning - fully charged battery, clean atty and full cart. I have a little routine going and it works very well for my lifestyle.

Is there a device/charger that charges several batteries at one time? Maybe a strip with holes in it that the batteries screw into ?
    I can see it in my mind but have yet to come across one for real.

I use a Joye 510 and have 6 batteries in various stages of charge at anytime during the day. It would be really nice to have them all charging in one device in one place overnight instead of one in the case, one in a USB charger and on in an AC charger.

Any help in finding such a wonderful invention would be greatly appreciated.

Also, totally separate topic but I have a big birthday coming up in October and am hoping to send a link to my SO for a particular gift. It is a wooden custom "wet box" I think. I have seen several box mods (I think that is what they are called) but I know somewhere on this site I saw one that was made of various types of wood. Very beautiful.

Am I crazy or did I see this? A search came up with no results.

2. BoomBoom65

3. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
  4. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
  5. JBWoody

JBWoody Senior Member ECF Veteran

BoomBoom65 I went to the site and it still says out of stock? Did I miss something?

6. BoomBoom65

Wow! I did a quick wooden box mod search and simply checked the first hit. I did not get to this link but I have now. Wow! I am at work so I can not read all the details but they are gorgeous.

Thanks for the link to the battery charger. :)

I also have not mastered the multi quote so:
    JB510EGO - yes, they do say "out of stock" but since I am still fresh into my research I wasn't that concerned yet.

I need to keep an eye on this thread and read all the opinions of members who have used these mods.

I am still a new vaper and found, after trial and error, I am actually a fan of filling simple whistle tip carts rather than using cartomizers. I do also like to direct drip using a USB pass thru while sitting at my computer for chain vaping.

And while I am here - my son would like to buy me a small box mod. Simple, colorful, inexpensive. I have seen several on this site but am not sure which does what and how.
    Are they also called box mods? They look like bic lighters with a tip and button.

7. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

8. BoomBoom65

That seems to be the one. Will do a good read when I get home from work.

With all these mods there is a lot of talk about voltage, batteries, variable voltage ... I have no understanding of that so I have my work cut out for me.

Right now I have the 510, 6 batteries, 6 atomizers, a ton of carts and lots of juice. I have been doing really well with this collection but I want to step it up since I love all things new and techie. :) Actually vaping has become quite a passion in the last month and I have converted 3 people off analogues.

Trying new juices has also been quite an adventure but I may have to head over to the swap/classifieds next since I have more than a few juices that are not as much to my liking as I thought they would be. Nothing wrong with them - just a matter of taste.

9. BoomBoom65

Only 5 left at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/122134-phidias-celebration-sale-6.html so I dropped a quick reply. I hope he gets back to me before the last ones are sold out. Fortunately, I think, the one I want is in the rows of the one that are still remaining.
    I am still very confused about all the types of batteries - the sure aren't like the 510 batteries.

10. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
  11. BoomBoom65

I got one of the last ones! Happy Birthday to me! :)

phon recommended a 18650 size 3.7 v battery and charger and also said to give a Low Res 306 atty a try. I will use your links for the batteries and charger and also see if the attys are offered.

Thank you very much. :)

BTW - my son is going to get me the multi charger you linked me up top of this thread.

Protected 18650 Battery, 3000 mah
    Item Id: MVLBAT18650.3000 is out of stock. :( I am on the waiting list.

Can I use this one: http://www.madvapes.com/Protected-18650-Battery-2400-mah_p_2061.html - lower mah means less time between charge?

12. MXBNW

MXBNW ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2010
    NW Washingtion
  13. BoomBoom65

Since I have just filled up a cart over at MadVapes with all sorts of supplies except the Li-ion battery I was hoping to add the one they had in stock Protected 18650 Battery, 2400 mah which is also a 2400mah such as the one you posted. Can eaither one of them be used in place of the 3000mah since that one is out of stock. My inclination is yes since it is "lower" but I know little about batteries and do not want to ruin such a beautiful mod.

14. Lazerrred

Lazerrred Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2010
    Flo SC, USA
    I could be wrong, bit I don't think the one at COV is protected, whereas the one at Madvapes is. Just sayin.

15. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    Yes, that'll work fine. It's protected (hence so are you), and 2400 mAh will last you a good long time, unless you're a vaping maniac like me.

Congrats on your birthday present. Your hubby showed excellent taste.

16. BoomBoom65

Protection is always a good thing.

I am a vaping machine so I bought 2.

And I too like to think my husband has excellent taste. ;) at least for the last almost 25 years.

17. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    The next thing you'll want to try is the 6V arrangement. I use that with my Silver Bullet (it's actually black), and it's a world apart from 3.7V. I had several bottles of juice I was about to throw out because of wimpy flavor, but 6 volts had them roaring back to life.

18. BoomBoom65

My beautiful box just arrived but my batteries have still not been delivered.

All I have are batteries for my Joye 510 and an extra battery for my pass through which is ICR10440P 360mAh Joye 1003.

Nothing I can do right? No household batteries are appropriate? Maybe Radio Shack will have what I need.

19. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    I'd be very surprised if the kids at Radio Shack even knew what a 18650 battery is. If there's a hobby store nearby, I'd give them a call--you'd have at least an outside chance. But you might just have to give MadVapes another 24 hours.

There is no form of common flashlight battery that'll even tickle your atomizer, let alone power it.

20. The Rebel

The Rebel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    But there is some non rechargeable 18640s that you could pick up if you want to take your new mod for a ride. Try any camera shop and they should have them. They are used for a lot of flashes and some flashlights. About $9.00 for two of them. They will last you three days at most but work in a pinch. Ask for cr123a batteries. These are not protected, but if you're using one of the wooden box mods, the batteries are not close to the juice, and do not pose a risk of contamination. I used these for my Ali'i when I first got it and was waiting on my 18650s to show up. Worked like a charm.

I forgot to add that you will need two and just stack them. It will put you at 6V and will rock any juice you use. Might shorten the life of an atty a little, but like I said they work in a pinch. Especially if you're impatient like me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.