Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
OK, I'm gonna review every flavour I can, all in one long post. Hope someone gets something out of it.
Not posting about Throat Hit or Vapour production unless they differ from my norm, as they all seem pretty much the same to me for the same nic level.
Notes:
My Nic level for all these is 11mg.
I drink a fair amount of plain straight black coffee, so this possibly offsets my tastes just a little.
All were tested on the PT
They aren't quite in order of preference. My top favourites are Cappuccino, Cola, Red Bull, Mint, Pineapple, Banana, Watermelon, in that order, after that it's hard to be specific.
Not all were tested immediately to writing this, perhaps 1/4 of these flavour reviews are from memory, however I still feel they are accurate for me.
Well, here we go, I coulda made a thread for each, but you can see how much overkill that would have been, besides each mini-review is short:

• Cola: Tastes just like cola, no bells or whistles needed. sweet, but not overpowering, I find it a 'clean' taste. One of my regulars
  • Cappuccino: Kind of a creamy coffee flavour, very nice. not sweet. One of my regulars
  • Pineapple: Just like pineapple juice. slightly sweet, definate acidic taste. One of my regulars
  • Coffee: Black coffee (which is what I drink all day long - no milk or sugar) - this is definitely coffee, but oddly enough due to my drinking habits, a little bland for my testes. Good to mix with vanilla, however.
  • Vanilla: On it's own the taste isn't quite as full as I'd like, and the TH seems a little low, great mixer, however, and good downtime vape. not too sweet.
  • Red Bull: Not exactly red bull flavour itself, but it's along the same lines, and that's the best name to describe it. It has that sort of metallic undertone that I enjoy. has a sweetness, but not sugary, if that makse sense. One of my regulars.
  • Dr Pepper: Again not really Dr Pepper, it tastes a little too much anise for my liking, the wife loves it however, and I'm not particularly adverse to it myself, but I wouldn't personally call it dr pepper. a little sugary sweet.
  • Coconut: solid coconut flavour. it's a dry coconut taste, and quite nice if you like that sort of thing. I'm not a big actual real coconut fan, but I enjoyed this one.
  • Orange Juice: Perfect OJ taste, it's not the same as eating an orange, it's somehow like the glass of OJ, this is one of the most accurate flavours I've vaped. a little sweet, but natural orange sweet, not artificial. Probably should be a regular, but budget does not allow.
  • Lychee: Very close to the real thing, and quite nice if you like lychees. This is a sweet fruit, with a slightly tangy undertone. Hard to describe if you've not had the fruit.
  • Pear: I was hoping for the jelly belly 'juicy pear' type flavour, which this isn't, so that preconception may have biased me. This was pretty bland to me.
  • Cinnamon: I think the cinnamon I tried is no longer made, so not much point reviewing it. Suffice to say it tasted more like pear to me than the pear did.
  • Pomegranate: A clear pomegranate taste, but without the distinctive (to me) tartness of pomegranate. not too sweet, may be a little bland for most, but sometimes blander is better.
  • Banana: Spot on, another fantastic flavour, just like banana, not too sweet, very nice vape. Probably should be a regular, but budget does not allow.
  • Chocolate: well, it's definitely chocolate, but not as sweet as you might expect, nice vape by itself, also another good mixer.
  • Cherry: Clear cherry flavour, again not too sweet, a little tart. It's the traditional cherry, not the black or anything, another good mixer.
  • Peanut Butter Cup: Clear peanut butter, and the chocolate is there, but while I like peanut butter cups, I'll have to say I think I'd prefer a straight peanut butter here, or a PB&J if they ever made it. I think it needs to be a little sweeter to bring it home.
  • Cognac (and Whiskey): The problem I've found with these types is I'm fairly particular about what I'll drink of the real stuff, so these, while nice, and I guess on the mark, weren't that great for me.
  • Peach: Clear peach taste, but a little on the weak side for me.
  • Peach Cobbler: I preferred this to the straight peach, hard for me to describe, but I guess I'd say it's a little creamier, and definitely has the cobbler undertones.
  • Grape: If you like your purple drank, you'll love these, They're right on the nose. Definite grape - but more straight grape than grape juice, if that makes any sense.
  • Watermelon: I'm usually not a fan of this, but it's a bold flavour that I quite enjoyed. It's one of the ones I had expected to be weak, so I was pleasantly surprised. Probably should be a regular, but budget does not allow.
  • Pina Colada: This is one of the 'alcoholic drinks' I quite liked, it was just what I expected, the coconut undertones quite nice.
  • Caramel: This wasn't quite as bold or sweet as I'd hoped, nice enough, but not as good as I think it should be.
  • Raspberry: This is somewhat of a muted flavour, but raspberry is a muted flavoured fruit, in my experience, and it was quite nice.
  • Green Tea: Not really a green tea fan here, although I do drink it on occasion, this was quite nice however, and I could vape it nicely for long periods.
  • Almond Joy: This was nicer than I expected. Not too sweet, and nicely complex flavour. I almost prefer this to coconut.
  • Bud: This was an odd one. hard to describe the flavour, other than to say I don't really like beer, but quite enjoyed this one. Sweeter than I expected.
  • RY4: This didn't taste really like a tobacco to me, although I did sense the tobacco undertones. It was more like a mysterious sweet caramel weirdness that was really nice, if a little too sweet for full-time vaping, really nice here and there. Probably should be a regular, but budget does not allow.
  • Green Apple: Granny Smith Apples. Barely any sweetness, a nice amount of tartness. Add alcohol for apple pucker, quite tasty. Fairly full apple flavour.
  • Kiwi: Definitely a kiwi taste, but I'm just not a big kiwi fan. If it was more like a sweet juicy kiwi I would probably like it more.

I'm decidedly not a fan of the tobacco flavours in general, I just got both sampler packs as I'd stuck with other flavours since my initial order, and wanted to be sure, so these reviews will perhaps be a little biased:
Also, none of these following 5 tobaccos were sweet.

• Frenchpipe, Virginia, Parlament: I'm grouping these 3 together, I won't be able to review them well enough than to say they all taste like tobacco with an undertone/aftertaste I don't enjoy.
  • Cowboy, Kamel: These 2 both tasted most like plain tobacco to me, they're allright, but still very plain

The menthol/mint all have a better throat hit thanks to the.. well, menthol/mint.
I've tried all of these in the past, but never liked any of them beyond when I smoked B&H menthols when I started smoking like 15 years ago.

• Cool, Nuport, Cowboy Menthol, SMILIN Special Menthol, Menthol: Aside for the plain menthol, these all tasted fairly similar to me, minor differences, but they didn't mean much to me, and I wasn't a fan of any of them, menthol included, but I think that's just me.
  • Mint: In stark contrast to the menthols, I quite enjoy this one, it's a regular for me.

• Egg Nog: Tastes just like egg nog. So I hated it.
  • Pumpkin Pie: Could be good, I don't like pumpkin pie, and I didn't like this.
  • Spiced Cider: Can taste the apple, but this is more of an apple pie with cinnamon kind of flavour, and not one that I am so keen on (although I'm fine with apple pie with cinnamon usually)
  • Cranberry: Solid flavour. Similar to green apple, but, well, cranberry :p
  • Apple Cinnamon Cranberry: I think this must use the standard apple (which I've not tried) with the cranberry, as it has a sweetness that balances the tartness of the cranberry very nicely. I can't taste the cinnamon too much (but I couldn't really taste it in the straight cinnamon carts so may be me) This is my favourite of the holiday pack, however, by far.

Caramel Mocha Frappachino: This I ordered a pack of but I think I got mislabelled tobacco flavour, in fact, I'm certain of it, as I love cappuccino, I like coffee, and others have given this good reviews. Oh, and it tastes just like tobacco.

I've also got homemade butterscotch with lorann's flavouring I quite like, and a coffee+vanilla that's only allright, and I've tried vanilla, orange and strawberry homemade so far, but none were very impressive.
I do have plans to make the following homemade for the future: cola+coffe, cherry+coke, vanilla+coke, orange cream+chocolate, and a few others I can't remember.
So far my homemade has been a mixture of V4L's unflavoured juice (or higher dose flavoured, mixed out), humunco VG, I forget what brand of PG and lorann's flavourings.
Flavours that I haven't tried yet (that I know of):
Strawberry, White Chocolate Strawberry, Pink Lemonade, Caramel Mocha Frappachino (I assume), Cinnamon Roll, Espresso, Hilton, Larger/Beer, Black Tea, Almond Choco-Choco Delite, Rum and Cola, Spearmint, Kant, Cuban Cigar, Margarita, Coconut Cream Pie, Tequila, English Toffee, Ice Cream Sundae, Lemon Merangue, Banana Cream Pie, Blueberry, 555, Clove, Apple, Root Beer, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Mt Dew.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Holy mackerel, you've been busy!
It's not really work if you're enjoying it, right?

Thanks for the long review :) I really appreciate hearing what others think about the available flavors and it is nice to have ones I have tried on the list as a reference to my own tastes.

There was no tobacco taste on my mocha fraps so those must definitely be a mislabel.
I'm hoping so, I had high hopes for it, thats why I ordered a pack without a test taste, but I'll ask for a single in my next order to get a proper taste.

I bet you have tried more flavors than anybody else on this forum.
I tend to stick with the tobacco flavors. I don't like the sweet taste.
I doubt I've tried the most. Aside for the obligatory mentions of SMILIN, dohsma, Mariano and leaford, there's Jen-Jen, MaryKay, PawPaw, Taryn, Sheryl, and, well, I won't list everyone... but a lot of people who've been around a lot longer than I :)

Anyhows, sorry I'm not much help reviewing tobacco, you really need a connoisseur for that :/
I did try to point out the sweeter ones where I could, I hope that helps some people out.

Thats alot of flavors and a great review!!Thank you!!
Welcome :) I figure this will mostly be useful to folks who agree with a lot of the mini reviews, and as such have similar tastes, so the other ones will be more accurate for them, although I see a vast majority of us agree on top flavours in general, like 90% of us have the same flavours in our 'like' or 'love' categories.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
In my limited free time today after I posted the review, I threw this together:

V4L Flavour Rater

Kind of an idea for collecting V4L flavour ratings, that you can use also as an updatable reference... Of course, hardly finished (and barely even tested, as the first person to go there will find out - there's no votes :p) and could use a few friendly touches to make it less like a mass of stars, but lemme know if you guys think it's perusing. If it is I'll create a new thread for it.

No changes today however, about to drive home from work and pick up some alcohol on the way.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Wow, Dashiva! Great roundup review! Too bad you don't like Pumpkin Pie or Egg Nog, but I'm glad you agree they taste like what they should. :D

Yeah, I'm sure some out there like them, so made sure I mentioned they tasted as I suspect they should :) Anyhows, I added 'true to flavour' as a votable category on the flavour ranker, we'll see how useful it turns out to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread