Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I brought this subject of creams up in the Random Thread and was getting good suggestions it was just hard for me to follow so I decided to ask in a separate thread.

What creams do you think are the “basic” ones that newer DIYers should have in their arsenal? Especially those mixers who like desserts and fruity creams etc

I’m not sure if there should be a specific number like the Top 10 Creams used or some other random number/list. Suggestions welcomed.

This would’ve been helpful to me when 1st starting out when deciding what to choose for my beginners stock of concentrates.

I apologize if this has been done before. I just couldn’t find anything in this format.

So I started with:

Bavarian Cream TPA
Cream Fresh FA
Sweet Cream CAP
Whipped Cream FA (was suggested by the fogvlog in their YT episodes as a versatile cream)

Then the possibilities are endless and I’m clueless lol!!

So what creams would you advise a newer mixer to have or that are MUST HAVES in your flavors toolbox??

Thanks everyone!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
FA Vienna Cream: a bit alcohol-y and subtle, a bit of bakery sweet, gives some body to mixes IMO

When in doubt I add .5-1% using it to round out or bring together the other flavors.

Thanks. That seems to be another cream I see mentioned frequently.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Great question, I like Hic's view points. I suspect it really depends on how taste sensitive and enthusiastic one is about creams.
re: Could google: "hics xtra smooth tiramisu cream"
The "Cream" Spectrum : DIY_eJuice

Oh this is a great resource of all the creams. Who is this Hic? Thanks for this link. I wish it had been followed up on.

I didn’t realize how much I’d be into creams/dairy’s etc... when I 1st started mixing so I’m just know trying to build up my stash of those concentrates.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I like
*Hangsen creams, all are very good
*FA fresh cream, plain half & half
*WF tahitian vanilla cream, good mouth feel, little sweet.
*TFA vanilla swirl, soft serve ice cream
*TFA vanilla bean gelato, not as thick as say CAP or LB vanilla ice cream (you'd like those two, very custardy mouth feel but a bit sweeter.)
*Purilum new york cheesecake, not very cheesy but lovely creamy mouth feel.
*CAP creamsicle, not orangey but beautiful creams, might be nice with your lemon custard to change it up occasionally.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I like
*TFA vanilla bean gelato, not as thick as say CAP or LB vanilla ice cream (you'd like those two, very custardy mouth feel but a bit sweeter.)
*CAP creamsicle, not orangey but beautiful creams, might be nice with your lemon custard to change it up occasionally.

This is PERFECT Letitia and exactly what I was hoping for!!! You win!! Thanks for taking the time and putting some thought into it :thumb: !!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
This is PERFECT Letitia and exactly what I was hoping for!!! You win!! Thanks for taking the time and putting some thought into it :thumb: !!
Those are the ones I like. I'm not fond of the ready whip or cool whip type creams. Also dislike the ones that have the custard mouthfeel. There are so many out there, yt diy is a great resource for detailed notes and opinions. Glad you found it useful.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I like

In regards to the FA Cream Fresh which I have - what do you mean by plain half and half? As in it tastes like half & half?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Oh this is a great resource of all the creams. Who is this Hic? Thanks for this link. I wish it had been followed up on.

I didn’t realize how much I’d be into creams/dairy’s etc... when I 1st started mixing so I’m just know trying to build up my stash of those concentrates.
Head in Clouds, look him up on vu, he is more active over there.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Those are the ones I like. I'm not fond of the ready whip or cool whip type creams. Also dislike the ones that have the custard mouthfeel. There are so many out there, yt diy is a great resource for detailed notes and opinions. Glad you found it useful.

I follow those guys on YT who do the fogvlog episodes and have gotten some great ideas from them on a few creams that has been helpful. There are just so many!! It would be interesting to figure out what creams could be closely subbed for another. I may leave that for year 10 of DIY though lol!! A wee bit over my head :( !

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
In regards to the FA Cream Fresh which I have - what do you mean by plain half and half? As in it tastes like half & half?
To me yes, nice plain cream with some body and not sweet.
Forgot to mention if I'm not wanting to taste cream I particularly like Purilum meringue, no eggy notes, beautiful body and mouthfeel, nice light sweetness.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I follow those guys on YT who do the fogvlog episodes and have gotten some great ideas from them on a few creams that has been helpful. There are just so many!! It would be interesting to figure out what creams could be closely subbed for another. I may leave that for year 10 of DIY though lol!! A wee bit over my head :( !
Subs are pretty easy if you read flavor notes and compare percentages used. I watch noted at work and take notes, easy to pause and go back to. Sometimes when I can't sleep I compare written reviews of similar flavors I come across reading recipes. That's why I have over 400 recipes and almost as many favorites on elr.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread