Must have e-juice flavors for new Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

This is Rich, I've been mixing and vaping different flavors and concentrations of e-juice for a while now and have come up with some awesome blends. I am contemplating getting into the industry and offering them to the community for purchase. I want you to know first off I am not spamming or trying to place an advertisement here, my site is not even up and able to process orders yet, there are no products yet for sale, other than the mobile apps I developed. What I am asking is this:

In your experience, what are the must have flavors and mix ratio's that a new vendor must have to get started. I know there are so many options and choices already, but I've got some real high quality and tasty stuff already and I want to expand but not to the level of having so many options that a person at any level of vaping experience would be overwhelmed. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, I look forward to all of your input.

By the way if you can respond with the flavor and the ratio such as

Menthol 50/50 VG/PG 24Nic

that would keep the answers well formatted and easy to read. Thanks again. Happy vaping!!!

Rich

reno1051

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
USA
i prefer all my juice at 50/50 VG/PG mix...as i vendor you should carry at least 0/6/12/18/24mg nicotine juice.

"must have flavors" are going to vary person-to-person, but i like fruity flavors (such as blueberry, apple, raspberry). for a good variety i would recommend something like blueberry, apple, vanilla, menthol, and a traditional tobacco. dessert flavors are also popular...cinnamon roll and banana nut bread.

i prefer all my juice at 50/50 VG/PG mix...as i vendor you should carry at least 0/6/12/18/24mg nicotine juice.

"must have flavors" are going to vary person-to-person, but i like fruity flavors (such as blueberry, apple, raspberry). for a good variety i would recommend something like blueberry, apple, vanilla, menthol, and a traditional tobacco. dessert flavors are also popular...cinnamon roll and banana nut bread.

Thank you for the reply! I also prefer the 50/50 ratio. I have yet to find a "good" traditional tobacco flavor.

Last edited:

C Me Tilt

Mar 2, 2013
US
I use 50/50 as well. Started with 18 mg 6 weeks ago, then 12 mg and now I'm on 8 mg. I have only tried 6 or 7 juices. Mostly fruit. Apple and Grape were my favorite. Then I went to a vape bar and tried a cinnamon juice (Called Hell Frozen Over) and I loved it. That is all I use for now although I'm sure I'll get bored with it and try new ones. I think I like the cinnamon ones best because I get a really good throat hit from them. Definitely need to offer cinnamon!

I use 50/50 as well. Started with 18 mg 6 weeks ago, then 12 mg and now I'm on 8 mg. I have only tried 6 or 7 juices. Mostly fruit. Apple and Grape were my favorite. Then I went to a vape bar and tried a cinnamon juice (Called Hell Frozen Over) and I loved it. That is all I use for now although I'm sure I'll get bored with it and try new ones. I think I like the cinnamon ones best because I get a really good throat hit from them. Definitely need to offer cinnamon!

Thanks for the reply! I think 50/50 may be it. I'm going to look into the cinnamon.

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
Tropical/Dessert vapes are usually a hit. Pina Colada, Banana Creme Pie, Cinnamon Roll. I vary between 50/50 and 70/30 pg/vg. Agree you should offer from 0 to 36mg nic...and anything from sample to 55ml (or more) for ordering. Couple other notes: If you are going to put reviews on your site...its always nice to see the review before I click through to the description. I recommend sending out sample of your other juices (3ml?). Some of my favorite repeat order business is from vendors that sent me a free sample of something else they offered.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm a sucker for the indescrible juices. I like complex flavors that are hard for me to nail down exactly what is in them. Maybe I'm falling for marketing since I'm fairly new to vaping but I just ordered a lot from Fuzion juices because I just had to know what dragons, rainbows and unicorns would taste like (lol). I also placed an order elsewhere for standard flavors because I think I'll be mixing my own. There is a huge B&M store locally with at least 1,000 flavors and so far ... meh. They taste like Denny's or Campbell's. So to each their own ...

What people say and what people buy can often be quite different.

Last edited:
Great question...I was just introduced to vaping this past Saturday...FOUR DAYS AGO...ha...and have LOVED what I've found. I would love to make my own e-liquid mixtures, etc, and start my own business in the future. I'm a non-smoker living with a smoker...now vaper (hopefully). The vaping store started her on 60/40 (PG/VG) and 24mg nic. She's complaining that her mouth is drying out and she's not getting enough nicotine. The store didn't walk her through proper use of the eGo-C...so I'm encouraging her to go back to the store both for education and to adjust her PG/VG levels and maybe her nicotine level.

Nite_PHX

Mar 8, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I have very limited experience but my favorite so far has been Apollo RY4 which is a 60/40 PG/VG blend at 12mg/ml nic. No real reason why it's 12, no real way for a beginner to really know what they may need. I seem to do fine on 12 but wonder if i should go lower.
I just received 5 bottles from MtBakerVapor that are supposed to be 50/50 blend however they are thinner than my 60/40 Apollo and thinner than my 70/30 from Mountain Oak. I went 50/50 for more vapor but these 50/50 bottle produce the least amount of vapor of any of my juices.
As a beginner I want a juice that has the right amount flavor first. Don't give me 1/2 a shot of flavor and then charge me $0.25 per extra shot just to get the flavor up to where it should be. I'm going to buy your normal flavor first and try it. If it's weak I probably won't be back. If you have to charge $0.15 more on your base price to get it right then do so, I'll buy it.
2nd, I want vapor. I want to fog machine my backyard with the vapor from your juice. Not really fog machine but I want to see the results if you know what I mean.
3rd is throat hit. Don't make me gag but let me know I'm inhaling something.
Put those 3 together in the correct proportion and you'll certainly come out a winner.
Good luck and let me know when you're online store is open, I'd love to try some.

Last edited:
Tropical/Dessert vapes are usually a hit. Pina Colada, Banana Creme Pie, Cinnamon Roll. I vary between 50/50 and 70/30 pg/vg. Agree you should offer from 0 to 36mg nic...and anything from sample to 55ml (or more) for ordering. Couple other notes: If you are going to put reviews on your site...its always nice to see the review before I click through to the description. I recommend sending out sample of your other juices (3ml?). Some of my favorite repeat order business is from vendors that sent me a free sample of something else they offered.

Thanks for your input as well. Those are great suggestions. I will definitely do the same.

Ok thank you. I wasn't sure about that but have also found myself wondering when I see the dragons blood, etc. types of names.

I have very limited experience but my favorite so far has been Apollo RY4 which is a 60/40 PG/VG blend at 12mg/ml nic. No real reason why it's 12, no real way for a beginner to really know what they may need. I seem to do fine on 12 but wonder if i should go lower.
I just received 5 bottles from MtBakerVapor that are supposed to be 50/50 blend however they are thinner than my 60/40 Apollo and thinner than my 70/30 from Mountain Oak. I went 50/50 for more vapor but these 50/50 bottle produce the least amount of vapor of any of my juices.
As a beginner I want a juice that has the right amount flavor first. Don't give me 1/2 a shot of flavor and then charge me $0.25 per extra shot just to get the flavor up to where it should be. I'm going to buy your normal flavor first and try it. If it's week I probably won't be back. If you have to charge $0.15 more on your base price to get it right then do so, I'll buy it.
2nd, I want vapor. I want to fog machine my backyard with the vapor from your juice. Not really fog machine but I want to see the results if you know what I mean.
Put those 3 together in the correct proportion and you'll certainly come out a winner.
Good luck and let me know when you're online store is open, I'd love to try some.

Thank you so much for the reply! You hit it on the head I've noticed all the same things. This is what prompted me to start this thread. I don't agree with starting mad cheap to get a sale with weak tasting juice. I have spent and continue to spend a whole lot of time and trial and error trying all sorts of combinations and proportions to get that good mix of throat hit, vapor, and nic satisfaction while tasting the flavor as well. It is definitely a science and would not even think of offering something unless I felt it was better than what is already out there. I also like a good taste, not strong but at least tasty, and a lot of vapor, with enough nic to feel it. I'll actually be offering up free samples when I'm up and running. I think it's better in the long run, even though it will be costly. Thank you for the reply, time, and good wishes!

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I don't think a huge selection is necessarily a key point. Take AIV for example, they don't have a large selection of flavors. But the flavors they offer (from reviews, haven't placed an order from them yet) are excellent.

Come up with special mixes with fancy names that people fall in love with but can't get anywhere else.

Mortificant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
United States

Mount Baker Vapor especially on the free samples thing. I would have never thought to order butter pecan or sticky bun flavored juice, but them sending a free 15ml bottle with a couple of my orders , I couldn't just NOT vape it. Now I'll probably buy more of those exact flavors when I run out. Keep that in mind, customer satisfaction = loyalty for sure.

I like my soda flavored juices (monster/red bull, sweet cola, mt dew) and cookie/bakery flavos for sure.

badchevy

Feb 6, 2013
Kansas City, Mo
As a beginner I want a juice that has the right amount flavor first. Don't give me 1/2 a shot of flavor and then charge me $0.25 per extra shot just to get the flavor up to where it should be. I'm going to buy your normal flavor first and try it. If it's week I probably won't be back. If you have to charge $0.15 more on your base price to get it right then do so, I'll buy it.

I couldn't agree more, this post hit the nail on the head.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
80/20 PG/VG 12mg

What makes a vendor attractive to me is many choices in the pg/vg ratios, and choices of nic strength. Many I have looked at lately jump from 12mg up to 18mg, with nothing in between. I know how to adjust that, but a newbie doesn't.

Taste is subjective but I prefer fruit, coffee, and baked goods.

Mt Baker Vapor sends out a freebie with a $15.00 or more juice order. It is a test flavor. If we say we like it, they keep it. I have tried some stuff this way I would not have otherwise, and found some new favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread