The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Must Have More Vapor

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by MichaelB, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MichaelB

MichaelB Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am currently using a kr808 and need more vapor production. I get great vapor from some e-juices and not from others. I run a 50/50 pg/vg mix in carts. TH is not as important as the vapor. I have watched numerous videos and read threads until my eyes burned and my brains were leaking onto the floor! I was amazed at the vapor from the ego, provari, and Liquidator to name a few.

Please correct me if I am get the info wrong, but an ego twist 1000mah or a mini lava tube topped with a vivi nova v2.5 tank at about 4v should increase my vapor production over the kr808? I have never tried a tank and the vivi nova v2.5 seems to be getting the nod on this forum. Will the 650 or 900 mah batts get the same vapor production as a 1000?

Dazed, confuzed and in need of serious vapor therapy!

2. nilbog

nilbog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    Birmingham, AL
    You can get more vapor production on a regular ego battery with low resistance cartos or attys. Also the rule of thumb is more PG = more TH, and more VG = more vapor. Try out AVE like Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice both 100% VG. Plumes of vapor. Since you don't care about TH you could just try a high or all VG liquid with your current 808 setup. And yes, you are correct more voltage will mean more vapor production. The Vivi Nova has 3 different atomizer heads that you can use, 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohm. The lower ohms the 1.8 works best for me on an Ego style battery.

The mAh has nothing to do with voltage or more vapor. That is just a number to represent the amount of time they last before they need a recharge, the higher the number the longer they last.

There are 2 things to consider though. The voltage of your device or battery/mod whatever. And the ohms or resistance of your attached cartomizer or atomizer. The lower ohms and dual coils give you a ton of TH because they burn hotter than standard (or 2.7-3.0 ohm) cartos/attys and work well on ego batteries.

t's easy to get flustered but just trust me. There are a million different batteries, mods, i.e ProVari, ego Twist, regular ego batts, lavatube, whatever. They are only a power source. The thing you attach like a cartomizer is going to matter the most. Just my opinion. My vote for great TH on an ego? ego mega dual coil cartomizers. Check em out they are awesome on an ego setup

3. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Yes all VG on 808 will give you tons of vaper. But if you want to upgrade now, I say get an Ego twist next, you have more options for settings. bnrk

4. Absintheur

Absintheur Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    north central Indiana
    If your 808s are stick batteries a low resistance carto/clearo/tank will drain it pretty quickly. An eGo would give you better battery life, a Twist would let you dial in your personal taste.

[​IMG]

5. MichaelB

Nilbog, Bnrkwest, & Absintheur Thanks for the info. There is so much info and not enough time to read it all and I appreciate your taking time to reply. Definitely going to look into AVE's Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice. Would a 650 make it through a 12 hour work shift vaping once an hour for approx 5-10 min? Thanx!

6. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
    I would go with the 900/1000mah at least

7. nilbog

nilbog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    Birmingham, AL
    Yeah I'd go for the 900 mAh if possible. The first kit I got at Madvapes included 2 smoktech 510 batteries (900 mAh), USB charger, and some of the ego mega dual coil cartos I was talking about. Here's the link it's a good deal. I think you'll like AVE most people really do. For an all VG liquid I find both Boba's and Gorilla Juice extremely tasty. Here's a link to a good 510 starter kit it even comes with 10ml of liquid and a carrying case. MadVapes 510 Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Kit - eGo Kits - PV's and Kits Under $50 bucks is a good deal, and I think you'll be amazed with the cartos it comes with, especially compared to your 808 setup.

8. jonayran

jonayran Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    in a box.
    I suggest getting a mod that is regulated at 3.7 volts like a reogrand, silver bullet, GG and etc and use a 1.5ohm Low resistance atomizer/cartomizer, I preffer Hh.357 attys seeing as they gives me insane vapor production and flavor. Also 100% VG juices will give thicker vapor.

Or get a variable voltage device (lavatube,twist,provari) and get a standard resistance atty/carto and play with the voltage to your desired preference. I also recommend using HH.357 atties with this and 100%VG juices.

And mAh prefers to the batteries life, the bigger the mAh the longer the battery will last you. Larger mAh ratings won't give you more vapor.

9. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I use 3.7V regulated, 1050 mAh battery, 2.0 ohm LR carto and unflavored 95/5 VG/H20. Tons of vapor.

There is no such thing as a 100% VG flavored juice.

10. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    AVE has mastered providing adequate throat hit with 100% VG Juice. Here's some vapor from some AVE 555. ... photo was taken for another thread a few weeks ago, but has been a good visual aid for VG vapor :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      me.jpg
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
  11. MichaelB

12. MichaelB

Six,

What are you vaping the AVE 555 in??? Impressive!!

13. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    That's my notcigs VVPV with a 2.0 ohm hh.357 @ ~4.5v. That PV has only had AVE 555 in it. I feel pretty fortunate on that, too. It's not always easy for me to find the exact right combination of juice + atty/carto for a new PV. This time, the first thing I tried was the hh.357 with AVE 555 and it was really nice. Great flavor and huge vapor. I haven't felt compelled to try anything else for that one.

14. MichaelB

By the posts I have read between the ages of 18 and 70 qualify, so here I am! I am 51 on Friday and just getting back into vaping. I am looking for more vapor production than my current kr808 provides at 50% vg. I am looking at an ego twist 1000mah or a mini lava tube topped with a vivi nova v2.5 tank. I started this in another thread - "Must have more Vapor" but thought it would be great to get the input and wisdom of the New Young Crowd! Yes, I refuse to grow up or call myself old. I thought turning 50 was going to kill me!!! Caught myself looking at Chargers, Challengers, & Camaro's. Oh how I wish I had kept my 57 2 door 210 or 69 Chevelle SS or 67 Firebird! I luckily escaped the midlife crisis without my wife skinning me alive or buying anything really, really expensive. I look forward to your thoughts and advice!

15. awsum140

awsum140 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Rather than spend a lot of money, relatively speaking, on batteries, LR atomizers and tanks, why not simply try a CE3 from SI? For $10 bucks you get five of them and they produce tremendous vapor, so if that's your goal it can be a very inexpensive solution.

16. Escapereality

Escapereality Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2012
    Bluegrass
    Very good vapor production from my eGo twist on all juices. Fairly cheap also, although in the future I hope to get some sort of big battery mod for at home vaping.

17. MichaelB

SI is sold out of the CE3's, I am looking for another vendor now!

18. XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX

XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2012
    New Mexico
    Best vapor production and flavour ive had so far is on a puched or slotted dual coil carto in a tank. Ive tried ce4's, vivi nova, and t-2's. Low and high resistance .....ohh yah im talken about production on a standerd ego batt.....now my.lava tube is a differnt story all together...your friend ZoMbIe

19. Billy Giron

Billy Giron Full Member

May 2, 2012
    A, A
    thats crazy, ive had no luck with tanks.. i live in nm wanna buy a brand new lil mama ss tank?

20. XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX

XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2012
    New Mexico
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.