Must Have's and Solutions for the Sidesho with Mini Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
This is one amazing PV guys! I had some problems, but found solutions and I'm SO HAPPY now.

Prefilled carts:

At first I was disappointed in the cartridges, the prefilled didn't last long and seemed that if some of the plastic/foil combination hit the atomizer it burned a nasty flavor into the remaining juice in the cart and had to be thrown out.

Solution: as soon as you suspect you're burning the cap and not wicking properly, pull it apart and clear off that cover!

Atomizer/battery fitting:

It is NORMAL for it to have a fraction of a milimeter gap for airflow. MV's amazing customer service replied to my email within MINUTES answering that question.

Atomizer:

Mine came with a bad taste at first, perhaps from burning up my prefilled cover all over it, but a handful of drip-vaping cleared out the taste, and it's perfect now. HUGE plumes of vapor! I haven't seen directions on cleaning MV atomizers, but I assume they would be fine with a running hot water bath and overnight air drying. The colors and designs are way cool.

Battery:

I have the new red ones with the red LED's and they are AWESOME. I can chain vape for a solid hour or more. I can drag/ignite it for as long as my lungs can hold >10 seconds. They are not too air sensitive; ie. I can blow right on it and it doesn't light. Even though the charge is twice as long lasting, seems like the USB charges it in not much longer time than my Volcano/BLU batteries.

Note: I read the threading is the same, so it sounds like you could use a Volcano USB charger on your battery, but I would definitely ask customer service first, esp. don't want to void warranty.

Blank Carts (MUST HAVE):

The filler SUX! Solution! Buy their blue foam (MUST HAVE), which comes with fabulous detailed directions, and you will have your DREAM CART. If you cut off the bottom 1/2 -2/3 of Volcano caps, they fit just fine on MV carts. Volcano's caps are cheaper in bulk. These carts come in COLORS. I love this!

The silver carrying case (MUST HAVE):

PERFECT. It carries an assembled cig, spare battery and 3 carts w/caps or 2 carts and 1 spare atomizer w/cap. Quality is great, and you can pick logo colors. I got the pink because it's on sale now for a mere $3.50!

PCC: I don't own this, however, I did own what I believe is the identical PCC that Volcano used before they redesigned to hold a full assembled cig. I read another review that raved about the push-down charge station vs. screw-ins from others. VERY handy if you're vaping and driving! If they redesign this in the future to hold a whole e-cig. I will end up converting from my other mini-pv's forever. ;)

VAPOR: I liked the one reviewer's comment "Buttload and yes, that is a technical term". Please understand natural physics, if you are producing more vapor, you ARE using MORE JUICE. Dont' be surprised.

Service (Question): I cannot imagine better service. I read they ship to Canada. Do they ship worldwide? Another nice thing they do is send you a bunch of business cards with a one-time discount code for 10% off a full order!

SUGGESTIONS: Logo style stickers for fans to advertise, ie. from back window or bumper of car. Perhaps other fan memorabilia. An MV drip tip would be nice. (NOTE!! The Volcano drip tip does NOT fit the Sidesho! I don't know about the Magma one)

Last edited:

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Welcome to MV, Biomom! Great great review. Maybe even post it elsewhere its so good. You figured out all the fine points fast so I won't bother linking other threads for you. :) Great idea about the logo too. Maybe not a sticker, but if there was a magnet that I could put on the back of my car, I would. Oh I might be wrong about this but I think the new MV Smart PCCs are designed already to hold an entire Sidesho with the mini battery. Good luck!

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
Update on the atomizer: I just started a new one, and before using I rinsed it in rubbing alchohol and hot water, let it dry, primed it with couple drops of juice on the tip, and it worked, NO off taste whatsoever!

What happened to my other one was I was trying to switch carts while driving, it slipped from my hand (I have parasthesia that comes and goes) and I instinctively caught it as it was falling and accidently slammed it into the steering wheel! The cart actually ended up bent and melted and my poor atty got bent at a slight angle. It still worked, but not quite as well, so it's going into the emergency backup box of bits and pieces :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread