Must See Summer of BOMBS 2- New VMAX-SSV2 & Redesigned SS-Bolt,*THE HYPER SRT*(OMG), New Ego SCT, New 18650 VVG + The TELESCOPIC ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
Just waiting on the Redesigned SS-Bolt for myself now.

Somehow I failed to notice there was a new Bolt in the summer of bombs lineup, and just ordered the one currently available from GV a few days ago (should be arriving tomorrow). Grrrrr. Does anyone know what has been "redesigned", aside from it being SS?

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
its suppose to have a new button and the innards of the mechanical switched imprved, some people have these but then there was something going on and they delayed it and said to wait, so not sure whats going yet. I think they are just backed up.

Sounds like relatively incremental changes then. Now I don't feel so bad about ordering "last year's model", especially since who knows when the new ones will land. Thanks!

poppabear49

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
Sounds like relatively incremental changes then. Now I don't feel so bad about ordering "last year's model", especially since who knows when the new ones will land. Thanks!
I love the Bolt, I have bought 2 from GV they are very durable PVs one I use with the extender tube for 18650 and one for the 18500 have no trouble with either one so far. Think you'll enjoy it very much

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
I love the Bolt, I have bought 2 from GV they are very durable PVs one I use with the extender tube for 18650 and one for the 18500 have no trouble with either one so far. Think you'll enjoy it very much

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it. This will be my first non-ego form factor PV, feel like I'm moving from pee-wee to little league, or some such! :)

OTH this will also be the first time in awhile I've used a non-VV device, since I've been using Twists exclusively for the last couple of months. But no biggie, or I don't think it'll be, since I rarely stray on either side of the 3.6-4.0 voltage range.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thanks, I'm glad to hear it. This will be my first non-ego form factor PV, feel like I'm moving from pee-wee to little league, or some such! :)

OTH this will also be the first time in awhile I've used a non-VV device, since I've been using Twists exclusively for the last couple of months. But no biggie, or I don't think it'll be, since I rarely stray on either side of the 3.6-4.0 voltage range.

With the addition of a Kick by evolve to your Bolt... you can also control the output wattage ( much better than the voltage since it will end up with a constant vape )... this may require an extension or two depending on how much battery capacity you want and would require IMR ( high drain ) batteries. I consider my use as moderate to heavy and the following is an estimate of vape time for that type of use...

Bolt w/Kick, no extension - use a 18350 IMR battery ( 700mah ) - @ 4hrs vape time
Bolt w/Kick, 1 extension - use a 18490 IMR battery ( 1100mah ) - @ 8hrs vape time
Bolt w/Kick, 2 extensions - use a 18650 IMR battery ( 1600mah ) - @ 12+ hrs vape time

I use the AW IMR 18490 1100mah battery... it will typically last me all through work unless I'm not very busy in which case I have to load up my 2nd battery I carry with me.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
With the addition of a Kick by evolve to your Bolt... you can also control the output wattage ( much better than the voltage since it will end up with a constant vape )... this may require an extension or two depending on how much battery capacity you want and would require IMR ( high drain ) batteries. I consider my use as moderate to heavy and the following is an estimate of vape time for that type of use...

Bolt w/Kick, no extension - use a 18350 IMR battery ( 700mah ) - @ 4hrs vape time
Bolt w/Kick, 1 extension - use a 18490 IMR battery ( 1100mah ) - @ 8hrs vape time
Bolt w/Kick, 2 extensions - use a 18650 IMR battery ( 1600mah ) - @ 12+ hrs vape time

I use the AW IMR 18490 1100mah battery... it will typically last me all through work unless I'm not very busy in which case I have to load up my 2nd battery I carry with me.

We all vape at a different rate so how do those times translate into ml of niquid?

Errol

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
We all vape at a different rate so how do those times translate into ml of niquid?

Errol

They only translate into the amount I vape within that amount of time.. it's all I can give as example... so for me... in 8hrs I'll typically vape around 3ml ... when work is slow it is less... all day/nite will be around 6ml ( again for my vaping style )

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR

The only battery I have at the moment is the 18500 that was included with the Bolt (which I was pleasantly surprised to find in my mailbox last night). That's the same, or at least the same size, as an 18490, right? But it's an ICR, which is different than an IMR? And therefore won't work with a Kick? I don't have any immediate plans to get a Kick, but good to know what does and doesn't work just the same.

(Note to self: you need to better educate yourself on battery technology.)

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
... That's the same, or at least the same size, as an 18490, right? But it's an ICR, which is different than an IMR? And therefore won't work with a Kick? ...

Correct.
Correct.
Correct. (It might work, but not optimally, and it is not recommended.)

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
They only translate into the amount I vape within that amount of time.. it's all I can give as example... so for me... in 8hrs I'll typically vape around 3ml ... when work is slow it is less... all day/nite will be around 6ml ( again for my vaping style )

That's very good battery life for that much juice.

Errol

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
The only battery I have at the moment is the 18500 that was included with the Bolt (which I was pleasantly surprised to find in my mailbox last night). That's the same, or at least the same size, as an 18490, right? But it's an ICR, which is different than an IMR? And therefore won't work with a Kick? I don't have any immediate plans to get a Kick, but good to know what does and doesn't work just the same.

(Note to self: you need to better educate yourself on battery technology.)

Correct.
Correct.

I've not done the homework in a long time and I'm not an expert or anything but I think i read that ICR is similar chemistry to IMR which is why they don't need protection. Also in the fine print specs (when you can find them) the ICR batteries have a slightly higher energy density. All the other specs (discharge current, mah, ect) were exactly the same. Not really sure why I couldn't find out more and I don't have time to look it up right now. Personally I have both and they all seem to have pretty much the same performance - though my booster mods don't get much use these days....
I would think ICR should work ok with a kick...
Also the number is the length of the battery so an 18500 is 18mm diameter and 50mm long (I think) so an 18490 would be a tiny bit shorter hth

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Naaa, Harmo, the ICRs (Lithium-Cobalt) that we use should all have protection circuits in them. Unprotected ICRs are dangerous for our application. IMRs (Lithium-Manganese) are considered safe chemistry and do not require protection circuits.

ICR batteries do have a slightly higher energy density. That is why they generally have higher mAh ratings in the same size format. IMRs are capable of higher discharge rate without a substantial temperature rise. That is why they are generally recommended for boost applications.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
Correct.
Correct.

I've not done the homework in a long time and I'm not an expert or anything but I think i read that ICR is similar chemistry to IMR which is why they don't need protection. Also in the fine print specs (when you can find them) the ICR batteries have a slightly higher energy density. All the other specs (discharge current, mah, ect) were exactly the same. Not really sure why I couldn't find out more and I don't have time to look it up right now. Personally I have both and they all seem to have pretty much the same performance - though my booster mods don't get much use these days....
I would think ICR should work ok with a kick...

Thanks to both of you for the explanations. Batteries make me nervous since I don't much understand the tech, so I'll err on the safe side and go with IMR if I decide to add a Kick.

Also the number is the length of the battery so an 18500 is 18mm diameter and 50mm long (I think) so an 18490 would be a tiny bit shorter hth

That good to know...makes sense that the numbers would have some meaning, though that hadn't occurred to me. :)

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Thanks to both of you for the explanations. Batteries make me nervous since I don't much understand the tech, so I'll err on the safe side and go with IMR if I decide to add a Kick.

That good to know...makes sense that the numbers would have some meaning, though that hadn't occurred to me. :)

Battery Digits: The first 2 digits are the dimension measuring across the battery. The last 3 digits reference to the length of the battery. Protected circuits will add between 2mm and 3mm to the length of the battery.

mAh: The term “mAh” references to Milliamp Hour.

Protected VS. Un-Protected Battery: The primary difference between the Protected and Unprotected batteries is that the protected batteries have a small circuit board, typically on the bottom of the battery, that stops the charging or discharge of the battery in certain circumstances. Some of the circumstances in which the circuit include: Over-Charge, Over-Discharge, Short-Circuit, and in some cases, overheating.

IMR / ICR:

I = Lithium ion
C/M = Cobalt/Manganese
R = Rechargeable
NiMH:

Ni-MH stands for Nickel-Metal Hydride. Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries have no Cadmium added. Cadmium is hazardous to the environment. When using Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries, charging should be monitored to avoid overcharging. Nickel-Metal Hydride has no Memory Effect and can be charged or topped-off at any time without affecting battery life.

Memory Effect:

Memory Effect on a battery is the loss off run time per charge over the life of the battery. To avoid Memory Effect and attain maximum performance discharge battery completely each use.

Battery Type & Size: Most commonly used batteries in electronic cigarettes and mods.

10440: 3.7 Volts – 10mm Wide – 46mm Long – 350mAh rating.
14250: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 27mm Long – 350mAh rating.
14430: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 45mm Long – 650mAh rating.
14500: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 52.5mm Long – 900mAh rating.
14650: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 67mm Long – 1300mAh rating.
CR2 / 15266 / 15270: 3.0 Volts – 15mm Wide – 29mm Long – 600mAh, 800mAh, 1000mAh rating.
15270: 3.7 Volts – 15mm Wide – 29mm Long – 600mAh rating.
CR123A / 16340: 3.0 Volts – 16mm Wide – 36mm Long – 880mAh rating.
16340 / CR123: 3.7 Volts – 16mm Wide – 36mm Long – 880mAh rating.
18350: 3.7 Volts – 18mm Wide – 37mm Long – 1200mAh rating.
18500: 3.7 Volts – 18mm Wide – 52mm Long – 1600mAh rating.
18650: 3.7 Volts – 18mm Wide – 68mm Long – 1600mAh, 2000mAh, 2400mAh, 3000mAh rating.
26650: 3.7 Volts – 26mm Wide – 65mm Long – 3200mAh, 5000mAh
NiMH: 4.8 Volts – 600mAh

EDIT- In case it isn't obvious I copied & pasted this from another site. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I just sent what Marck and Turtle said in an email to myself. Thanks y'all. Will be looking at more of Rdsok's posts too about this. I can understand small bits at a time, but then I forget what I read or jumble it up. And when I try to go to the battery university my eyes cross, my brain short circuits and I shut down from too much info. I think if I can pull out bits that I understand and email it to myself, keep a running email, then I'll have a good reference for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread