Must See Summer of BOMBS 2- New VMAX-SSV2 & Redesigned SS-Bolt,*THE HYPER SRT*(OMG), New Ego SCT, New 18650 VVG + The TELESCOPIC ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
Battery Digits: The first 2 digits are the dimension measuring across the battery. The last 3 digits reference to the length of the battery. Protected circuits will add between 2mm and 3mm to the length of the battery.

mAh: The term “mAh” references to Milliamp Hour.

Protected VS. Un-Protected Battery: The primary difference between the Protected and Unprotected batteries is that the protected batteries have a small circuit board, typically on the bottom of the battery, that stops the charging or discharge of the battery in certain circumstances. Some of the circumstances in which the circuit include: Over-Charge, Over-Discharge, Short-Circuit, and in some cases, overheating.

IMR / ICR:

I = Lithium ion
C/M = Cobalt/Manganese
R = Rechargeable
NiMH:

Ni-MH stands for Nickel-Metal Hydride. Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries have no Cadmium added. Cadmium is hazardous to the environment. When using Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries, charging should be monitored to avoid overcharging. Nickel-Metal Hydride has no Memory Effect and can be charged or topped-off at any time without affecting battery life.

Memory Effect:

Memory Effect on a battery is the loss off run time per charge over the life of the battery. To avoid Memory Effect and attain maximum performance discharge battery completely each use.

Battery Type & Size: Most commonly used batteries in electronic cigarettes and mods.

10440: 3.7 Volts – 10mm Wide – 46mm Long – 350mAh rating.
14250: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 27mm Long – 350mAh rating.
14430: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 45mm Long – 650mAh rating.
14500: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 52.5mm Long – 900mAh rating.
14650: 3.7 Volts – 14mm Wide – 67mm Long – 1300mAh rating.
CR2 / 15266 / 15270: 3.0 Volts – 15mm Wide – 29mm Long – 600mAh, 800mAh, 1000mAh rating.
15270: 3.7 Volts – 15mm Wide – 29mm Long – 600mAh rating.
CR123A / 16340: 3.0 Volts – 16mm Wide – 36mm Long – 880mAh rating.
16340 / CR123: 3.7 Volts – 16mm Wide – 36mm Long – 880mAh rating.
18350: 3.7 Volts – 18mm Wide – 37mm Long – 1200mAh rating.
18500: 3.7 Volts – 18mm Wide – 52mm Long – 1600mAh rating.
18650: 3.7 Volts – 18mm Wide – 68mm Long – 1600mAh, 2000mAh, 2400mAh, 3000mAh rating.
26650: 3.7 Volts – 26mm Wide – 65mm Long – 3200mAh, 5000mAh
NiMH: 4.8 Volts – 600mAh

EDIT- In case it isn't obvious I copied & pasted this from another site. :)

I'm a little disappointed to know you didn't type this by hand, and totally from memory! :D

I'll be copying and pasting it as well, into a keep for reference file -- thanks!!

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
I just sent what Marck and Turtle said in an email to myself. Thanks y'all. Will be looking at more of Rdsok's posts too about this. I can understand small bits at a time, but then I forget what I read or jumble it up. And when I try to go to the battery university my eyes cross, my brain short circuits and I shut down from too much info. I think if I can pull out bits that I understand and email it to myself, keep a running email, then I'll have a good reference for me.

I'd click Like on this, since it's my sentiments exactly, but there is no Like to be found or clicked. Did you do something to tick of the ECF gods, Deb?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Chris is working up a thorough video, we don't want to release these without a through amount of info as we do all products ;) aned especially this puppy...

I know you guys are busy but and i think it was mentioned yesterday or the day before that the srt's are close. any more word on those? I didnt want to bump the other thread, some good stuff at the end but started out on a bad note.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Poppa thanks for the post...we are goign to be gettign soem of the stainless bolts in and also a low cost high impact injection molded variant.

My main complaint with SMOktech's products over the months has been a weak link of some of their switches. Speaking with their sales manager who is our personal rep, I expressed this to him and he told me they have beefed up the wiring in these (in his words, thicker)...If they can better ensure QC in that area SMOKtech may well become the leading PV manufacturer out of China (and that includes Joyetech)...

I love the Bolt, I have bought 2 from GV they are very durable PVs one I use with the extender tube for 18650 and one for the 18500 have no trouble with either one so far. Think you'll enjoy it very much

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'd click Like on this, since it's my sentiments exactly, but there is no Like to be found or clicked. Did you do something to tick of the ECF gods, Deb?

lol Jerry.......that's highly likely!! But like yiddle said....just refresh and it comes back. I think I have it narrowed down to this........once you're looking at a page......anyone who posts anything after that, won't have a like button til you refresh it.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Naaa, Harmo, the ICRs (Lithium-Cobalt) that we use should all have protection circuits in them. Unprotected ICRs are dangerous for our application. IMRs (Lithium-Manganese) are considered safe chemistry and do not require protection circuits.

ICR batteries do have a slightly higher energy density. That is why they generally have higher mAh ratings in the same size format. IMRs are capable of higher discharge rate without a substantial temperature rise. That is why they are generally recommended for boost applications.

of the batteries i own (all 14500) several are IMR and several are ICR and i have a couple of the standard li-ion trustfire
the ICR came from lighthound (ICR 14500 Rechargeable Lithium Battery) and have the EXACT same specs as the IMR except the energy density. all are 600 mah except the li-ion are 900 mah
ok i cant find the same chart now for the IMR but the ones i have were exactly the same spec cept the density was like 130 something i think. closest i can find now is a written description that says the max discharge rate is 8C where the ICR chart says 3C continuous 5C max. when i bought my ICR batts lighthound also had IMR batts (they were on clearance) that had the exact same spec chart and i picked the ICR due to the charts being the same except the density. i have also been unable find any "protected" ICR batteries. the only kind i find with protection circuits are the li-ion kind unless they are putting a protection circuit inside the battery casing (instead of attached to the end under the shrink wrap) and not specifying...
but my smallest booster mod uses 2 batteries parallel so it works ok even with lower output of the regular li-ion
BUT once you get up to 18500 / 18650 size batteries they put out enough that even the lower rated ones should work ok
check this out http://www................./batteries.html
man this stuff gets confusing lol

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast

of the batteries i own (all 14500) several are IMR and several are ICR and i have a couple of the standard li-ion trustfire

What you are calling "standard li-ion" are ICRs. They are Lithium-Cobalt. And they are very commonly available with and without protection circuits.

For PVs always use either protected batteries or safe chemistry batteries. What you linked to there at Lighthound are unprotected Lithium-Cobalt batteries that should not be used in PVs. Lighthound does have a page with protected Lithium-Cobalt batteries (ICRs).

Last edited:

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
Hi Danno... can I verify that the SMOktech IMR 18500 and 18650 batteries you're now selling will fit the current Bolt model? (With extender cap in the case of the 18650 of course.)

Seems like a no-brainer that SMOktech's batteries would fit their own PV but, reading the product description for the Gripper, sounds like that's not always the case.

And I see the extender tubes for the Bolt are out of stock. Are there more on order and do you have an ETA?

Thanks...

Poppa thanks for the post...we are goign to be gettign soem of the stainless bolts in and also a low cost high impact injection molded variant.

My main complaint with SMOktech's products over the months has been a weak link of some of their switches. Speaking with their sales manager who is our personal rep, I expressed this to him and he told me they have beefed up the wiring in these (in his words, thicker)...If they can better ensure QC in that area SMOKtech may well become the leading PV manufacturer out of China (and that includes Joyetech)...

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
soon.PNG

Morning All,

Guys, I'm still dreaming about this beauty....any idea when it might be coming to GV town?

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
No video on the smoketech rebuildable tank -srt as of yet from Bad.
Oh Bad !

I hope soon. If you don't mind tinkering these sound like winners. From the few that have gotten some have gotten theirs rocking pretty good and set their expensive ones aside for the time being. From pics I've seen people have gotten them rockin with mesh and cotton wicks also. Looks like the possibilities are endless for a fraction of the cost

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I hope soon. If you don't mind tinkering these sound like winners. From the few that have gotten some have gotten theirs rocking pretty good and set their expensive ones aside for the time being. From pics I've seen people have gotten them rockin with mesh and cotton wicks also. Looks like the possibilities are endless for a fraction of the cost
Yes i have one and got it working excellent now but wanted to hear Bads thoughts on it as well. I dont mention anything more about mine out of respect for Dan and Bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread