Must Try! ADM auto drip mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
It's fantastic Scotty, been using it all night. I even ordered some springs off Ebay...lol

Lol yeah Im sure there are a ton of springs out there that will work just fine.. my wife works for a doctor and she brings home tons of pens, ...... and evey other medicine you can think of.. I have a shoebox full of them....

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Brilliant idea Scottyballs!!!! :)

Not being a dripper I passed by this thread until now. And now I see someone else has figured out what's going on with these cartridges.

A freshly filled cart with the factory filler works great for awhile, then it's literally all down hill from there, with half the juice being trapped in the lower portion of the poly, and then complaints of no flavor, dry burnt taste and whatnot.

For about a week now I've been using the AquaClear 50 fish filter foam, with a poly plug, It's a very open, springy foam, moreso than the blue foam, and it's been working great for me, better than all the other mods I've tried....but moving on..

Okay now, my 801 carts dont have a lip inside to hold the spring in place, so I'm not sure if Scottyballs mod would work for me.

But last night it hit me!...Nothing in the cart but juice, a spring, and a small plug. I simply took the spring, cut it about a 1/4" short of the top of the cart and inserted a poly plug.
The spring provides light constant pressure, keeping the poly firmly in contact with the atomizer...when you push down on it it pops back up, so this might be a good alternative for 801 users.

I have two full 801 carts on the go atm, so it's taking me awhile to empty them, but will report back with the test results.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
How is this mod for refills? I assume you can't just drip on the plug and it fills the reservoir below? Is it messy to take out the plug and refill? Or is the plug pretty dry by refill time?
If you're talking to me Kristin, no I don't take the plug out, I push down on the plug and squirt....jeeezzz!.. that sounds bad!, I guess I could have put it another way :oops:

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
How is this mod for refills? I assume you can't just drip on the plug and it fills the reservoir below? Is it messy to take out the plug and refill? Or is the plug pretty dry by refill time?

I just pop the lil poly plug out and fill it up. Driping on top of poly will not fill the resivor. Just pop it out on a napkin with a toothpick or somthing, fill the resivor and put the plug back in.. its well worth it trust me they last 2-3 times longer maybe more.

Thanks Randy yeah been in the south for 3 yrs now I moved here from MD go ahead and call me a yanky now! lol.. I cant tell you how many times Ive been called that since I moved here..

Last edited:

bigozone

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Kentucky
great idea... thanks scottyB

i just found a source of DIFFERENT SIZED springs for testing!!! :)

ya know the allen wrenches that come on the keyring type holders... they have TIGHT springs around the wrenchs ( got 3 carts off one spring and could have gotten 4),,, this was the only source of srings i had at the house. ya know what they say "USE WHAT YA GOT''

here is a link to the item i canablized my first springs from, and i'm gonna test with different sized springs to see which one gives the best result for me anyway ;)

once agian thanks.... i had to cut my juice back from 36 to about 26 since the vape seems stronger (maybe due to the easy draw and the better wicking of the juice.

i'll post back in a few days with results of my spring size tests.

Last edited:

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
Excellent idea! When I went to try this I thought I might want to try putting the filler INSIDE the spring and cut the spring so it fits the long way! I use the wool roving filler and it has taken a few tries but is working great now. I'll be experimenting with it more in the next day or two. Right now the depth at which the spring/filler is placed is the determining factor of success. I'm going to look for a spring that fills the opening a little more completely.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
great idea... thanks scottyB

i just found a source of DIFFERENT SIZED springs for testing!!! :)

ya know the allen wrenches that come on the keyring type holders... they have TIGHT springs around the wrenchs ( got 3 carts off one spring and could have gotten 4),,, this was the only source of srings i had at the house. ya know what they say "üSE WHAT YA GOT''

here is a link to the item i canablized my frist springs from, and i'm gonna test with different sized springs to see which one gives the best result for me anyway ;)

once agian thanks.... i had to cut my juice back from 36 to about 26 since the vape seems stronger (maybe due to the easy draw and the better wicking of the juice.

i'll post back in a few days with results of my spring size tests.

Them springs are kind of tight .. I would be carfull cause there not going to give if your attys bridge hits could cause damage to the atty.. the the wider spaced coils will let the atty snuggle in a suck up all them juices

bigozone

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Kentucky
Them springs are kind of tight .. I would be carfull cause there not going to give if your attys bridge hits could cause damage to the atty.. the the wider spaced coils will let the atty snuggle in a suck up all them juices

i stretched the springs out before use so i could get 3 to 5 mods out of each spring. they are slightly thicker than an ink pen spring and work great after strecthing them out.

thanks for the tip on the spring spacing, but thankfully i had it resolved before i posted the original post with the picture link. i just forgot to mention that i was stretching the spring.:oops:

btw i've yet to empty the first cart..:thumbs:
but as soon as it's empty i have 5 others made with different spring sizes to try out and compare to my first one

Last edited:

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
i stretched the springs out before use so i could get 3 to 5 mods out of each spring. they are slightly thicker than an ink pen spring and work great after strecthing them out.

thanks for the tip on the spring spacing, but thankfully i had it resolved before i posted the original post with the picture link. i just forgot to mention that i was stretching the spring.:oops:

btw i've yet to empty the first cart..:thumbs:
but as soon as it's empty i have 5 others made with different spring sizes to try out and compare to my first one

Ok I gotcha.. I have a pair of them allen keys and I know how strong them suckers are but stretching them out I could see working just as good as a pen spring.. kudos for finding more springs hmmmm... what dose my wife have that has a springs in it?:sneaky: MUHAHAHA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread