Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I've looked all over and can't seem to find the info I need. I recently purchased a Mutation X V2 by Acerig. It has 4 - post screws (my terminology may not be correct -- I'm referring to the screws you would tighten to hold the coil wires in place.)
I'd like to replace the Allen screws that came with the Mutation with Phillips head screws but I have no way to measure those little buggers to find out what size they are. I'm assuming they are metric, but again, no idea on the size. The vendor did not know either.
Would anyone happen to know the specs on the screws? I hope I can find replacements before I strip the cheap Allen screws it came with.
Thanks very much for the help.....

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
M2.5, not sure if it's 4 or 5mm... I got some m2.5x6mm slotted grub screws on the way, if those work out I'll let you know :D They were like $4 (with shipping) for a pack of 25 off ebay

Thanks for that info. I will be curious to know how they work out. I'm finding I have to really crank on that flimsy Allen wrench to keep the wires in place. I've had little screws like are on the Mutation strip out and I want to stay ahead of this.....:toast:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Kidney Pucher MXv2 repair Kit $7. My MX v2 came with a "triangular" wrench and screws (that really suck actually) but the repair kit comes with allen screws. Also if you loose the drip trip (like I did) It's nice to have a spare (which I do now). Had to google it, order it, and wait to be shipped. Jim

Thanks for the heads up. I just looked and don't think their Mutation's are Acerig's. Also I really want to find Phillips head screws if at all possible. Small Allen head screws and me (I?) don't play well together.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread