Muted flavor and nic in new Griffin rta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
Hey all. Just picked up a geek vape Griffin yesterday and so far I'm not too impressed with it. Obviously it's user error because I've heard about the amazing flavor it has when built right. I was hoping I could get some pointers from you guys.

I have a dual 3mm 26ga ss coil running at about 0.18 ohms. At first I tried Rayon wick but with the lack of flavor and how finicky it is to get it just right I decided to switch back to organic cotton bacon. I've watched a few videos and read the entirety of the Griffin rta thread in hopes on finding an answer.

I'm coming from the Uwell crown which has immaculate flavor, vapor and nic hit but the juice I'm using gunks up the coils in less than two days. Instead of buying yet another pack of coils I was recommended the Griffin for having the flavor and functionality of a dripper with the convenience of a clearo.

I've wicked it using the same techniques that I've used for my Sapor, snug but not tight. The tails are short and they are just able to be tucked in under the wick ring. I'm getting plenty vapor but the flavor and nic hit is barely noticeable.

Before with the rayon I had them trimmed the same, just barely tucked under the wick ring, but dense enough in the coil that it would barely move if I tried. It would give a distinguished squeak noise and vibration.

Anyways enough word vomit. Anyone have any experience?

Last edited:

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
Sorry but I'm having trouble understanding that statement
Comparing a clearo vs RTA ain't fair... GTANK is a power RTA...
You have to build it like this
1e5950547811e957cabb96720dce76e0.jpg
8d02e36eff2ce388869127ac78b2a13e.jpg

Vape On[emoji100]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread