MVari/Lavatube about to buy need input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
At the moment im using a 900mah vv box mod that dies after 1/2 a day. Im interested in a lavatube .. When I did the search I found the MVari-Stick Variable Voltage Mod - Starter Kit Mvari VV for an awesome price in my opinion.

My needs:
-Lasts ATLEAST 24hrs without needing charge
-vivi nova friendly .. Would like to use 1.8 - 3.xohm heads alike

If anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it. Is this the same as the lavatube? Im on a budget and 72.00 for the starter kit seems like a great deal.

EDIT: VIP VMAX 3.0-6.0 - VMAX - Ecig Kits & MODS whats the difference between vmax, mvari, lavatube, etc mods in this price range. Cant afford provari.

Last edited:

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
The MVari Stick looks like a renamed LavaTube. For a more powerful version, at a slightly cheaper price, check out smokeanywhereforpenneys and ecigcharleston. Ecigcharleston calls theirs the Starfire.

The Vmax is even more powerful, but has a more powerful price.

By powerful, I mean the amp limit. The MVari Stick is 2.5 amps, while the other two are 3 amps. The VMaxx is 5 amps.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Well, I am not familiar with that brand name, but it is a re-branded lava tube. I own a re-branded model, the Vtube from Apollo ecigs. It comes with a year warranty as well.

Regarding your question of use with the Vivi Nova- It works awesome with the Vivi Nova V2. Those are all I use now and they fit great on that model.

-Jason

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I dunno man, I had one of the 'Rider' PVs for a few months and ended up donating it to fellow ECF'er who is low on cash. Although it worked ok, I needed to get out of it. I really think you will be hard pressed to find any APV that will last 24 hrs on a single battery.

I would suggest going back to a VV box mod that runs 2 14500 or 18650 batteries in parallel if you're looking for longevity, plus you will get something that doesn't have any kind of voltage 'protection' (read restriction). A second plus is they are cheaper than a 'Rider' rebrand.

Just my .02

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
That would be interesting to compile. I'd bet it's in the 100s by now. Can't even remember who the originator was now. L-Rider? Knight Rider? Rider Rider? oh well.

It's like what came first the chicken or the hasselhoff.

hoff-knight-rider-mustang.jpg

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
I'm curious how many times the lavatube has been rebranded now.

Thats the issue with all this stuff imo. I wish everything was made in the USA .. The correct version, name etc ..

Cant even buy stardust tanks anymore because of all the versions and noone knows what they have. I hate stardusts anyways .. Wouldnt order if they did hahahahahahaahhah!!!!!! :evil:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
At the moment im using a 900mah vv box mod that dies after 1/2 a day. Im interested in a lavatube .. When I did the search I found the MVari-Stick Variable Voltage Mod - Starter Kit Mvari VV for an awesome price in my opinion.

My needs:
-Lasts ATLEAST 24hrs without needing charge
-vivi nova friendly .. Would like to use 1.8 - 3.xohm heads alike

If anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it. Is this the same as the lavatube? Im on a budget and 72.00 for the starter kit seems like a great deal.

EDIT: VIP VMAX 3.0-6.0 - VMAX - Ecig Kits & MODS whats the difference between vmax, mvari, lavatube, etc mods in this price range. Cant afford provari.

It's going to equate to how much you vape but unless you're a lite user the 24 hours on a charge is going to be your hardest requirement and forget vv mods with one battery, they use a booster circuit to get extra voltage out of a battery which can reduce vape time. You're best bet is a 2 battery device and preferably 2 18650s, that'll surely get you over a day. I've got several mods I made with that configuration and get 3 sometimes 4 days on a charge but you'll have to go to a box form factor for batteries that long. In a tube the VMAX uses 2 18350s and should get you through the day, providing you sleep and aren't planning on vaping 24 hours in a row.

Anything 510 threaded should be ViVi Nova friendly. Nothing special about it's connection and it isn't recessed so most any 510 should work.

$72 won't get you a VMAX but it shouldn't be to far above that, if you want a tube with long battery life that's the way I would go. It will also handle dual core better which the 1 battery vv choices can struggle with once you start turning up the voltage. If you want to go to a plastic box form factor you should be able to get a 2 18650 vv mod within your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread