MVP 2.0 Voltage/Resistance Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Yeah, it's great. No other issues with it. Thought someone might have some trivia about that. Maybe it is a language thing.
Each LED display only has 7 segments that can be turned on/off to so it's limited as to what characters it can portray. It's good for numbers but some letters of the alphabet can be a challenge:

sevseg.jpg

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I think it's fairly common in physics land for potential energy to be denoted by U, and voltage is just a difference in potential energy.

But, it's probably just what Kodiak said, the 7 line display that's to blame; that would be very plausible, considering R and A look pretty similar as well as U and V.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Each LED display only has 7 segments that can be turned on/off to so it's limited as to what characters it can portray. It's good for numbers but some letters of the alphabet can be a challenge:

View attachment 364412

I think it's fairly common in physics land for potential energy to be denoted by U, and voltage is just a difference in potential energy.

But, it's probably just what Kodiak said, the 7 line display that's to blame; that would be very plausible, considering R and A look pretty similar as well as U and V.

This explains a lot but it leaves me wondering why the VW button is stamped with "P".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread