MVP 2.0 vs Eleaf iStick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withdrewandi

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Newcastle
Your going to get so many different views on this so I will give my opinion... For me the MVP v2 got me of analogues and kept me off them so I will fight its corner.... I haven't had a i stick but from what I have heard and read it has many many issues so for me the MVP is the better option if you want more power get the new MVP 20 watt it's the same tried and trusted MVP but with that added bit of oomph

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
There are a few problems with regard to the iSticks circuitry (it measures mean not RMS). It is not capable of down regulating power (it is widely inaccurate, especially at lower voltages). As long as you're aware of it and don't need a battery that can output voltages between 3v and 4.2 volts, you may like it. It does go up to 20 watts (but only using a 1.1 ohm coil).

If you are interested in seeing more about what is really going on with the iStick see a great post by fellow ECF member Peraspera: Wattage Ranges for Specific Ohm Builds Using iStick Specs

If you want a mod that does use RMS look at the new MVP 20 watt. Price wise they are just about even.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
It kinda depends on what type of vaper you are. I have both and I'm satisfied by both.

The iStick is smaller and lighter so it's more portable. It works better with toppers that can handle the higher voltages it puts out like the Nautilus and Nautilus mini with BVC coils than it does with toppers designed for lower power devices.

The MVP 2 is much heavier and larger so it's less portable. It works well with a larger range of the toppers that most people use like the Protank 2.

The new MVP 20 watt is basically the same as the MVP 2 but has more power and a different connector configuration.

I don't use my MVP much anymore since I got an iStick. I just like the iStick better. It just suits my vaping style better.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I have both. I mainly use my MVP v2 for 510 attys with an Ego cone. The iStick I use with an Aspire Nautilus Mini firing 1.8ohm bvcs. I love both. The iStick is very portable and I tend to use it at 3 volts only ( a little more if the atty resistance rises with age). The last atty I used on the iStick lasted a month before it wimped out (it didn't pop, just stop delivering enough vapour). The MVP is both solid and heavy. Both devices are imho great. :)

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
PBusardo just did the MVP20W review yesterday. He is a little yacky, but thorough. Thumbs up. The link goes to the review that is a little further down the page. There are a lot of other reviews, too.

Taste Your Juice | Can I Taste Your Juice?

I've heard the price is now $27...somewhere.

Where, where where?? I'm returning my istick and think this one gets my vote!! Would love to know who has that price! Thanks :)

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Where, where where?? I'm returning my istick and think this one gets my vote!! Would love to know who has that price! Thanks :)

101vape has them for $38, not sure about the $27, maybe frenchfry will come back to you... :)
I'm sure they will drop further in a few weeks when the MVP3 comes out and the iStick2 comes out.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I'm pretty sure Mr. Perlman is talking about the MVP2 reaching $30 here and there, not the 20w version.

Otherwise, agree with about everything above, with the caveats: the MVP2 vs iStick is more of a toss-up depending on your needs, but MVP 20w vs iStick... MVP 20w wins across the board except form factor, and while that's entirely valid it's personal.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Just a newbie here, too, but here's my opinion with a why:

I looked at both the MVP2 and the iStick yesterday (I had been using a Vision Spinner with Ovape tank). I was convinced on getting the MVP2 after looking at reviews, but when I went to the shop and held them both, I went with the iStick. It was a comfort thing for me. I have tremors and some things are harder for me to hang on to, so the size and shape of the iStick 20W was more comfortable for me to hold and wasn't quite as 'heavy feeling' to my hands. The power button is in a better place for my smaller hands as well. I can hold it without any issues. I can't attest to the "bells and whistles" and electrical stuff - I leave that to guys with the experience. Just from a comfort perspective, I like the iStick. JMO

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Just a newbie here, too, but here's my opinion with a why:

I looked at both the MVP2 and the iStick yesterday (I had been using a Vision Spinner with Ovape tank). I was convinced on getting the MVP2 after looking at reviews, but when I went to the shop and held them both, I went with the iStick. It was a comfort thing for me. I have tremors and some things are harder for me to hang on to, so the size and shape of the iStick 20W was more comfortable for me to hold and wasn't quite as 'heavy feeling' to my hands. The power button is in a better place for my smaller hands as well. I can hold it without any issues. I can't attest to the "bells and whistles" and electrical stuff - I leave that to guys with the experience. Just from a comfort perspective, I like the iStick. JMO

Look and feel are very important on something you carry around and push the button on several times a day... I accept your :2cents: :)

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
101vape has them for $38, not sure about the $27, maybe frenchfry will come back to you... :)
I'm sure they will drop further in a few weeks when the MVP3 comes out and the iStick2 comes out.

Great, thank you!!! :) I couldn't find anywhere if the MVP has a replaceable battery... anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Tdr81

Nov 11, 2014
I like my I stick and vape my emow tank (1.5 ohm) at 5 volts and 19 watts, not all the time though . Funny, on the emow battery I thought the tank was crap but after putting the tank on the eleaf I was taken back at the difference. So apparently it was the emow battery that sucked. I also have the nautilus mini. I think it also depends on the juice on what settings will be optimal. Haven't had any burnt tastes on it yet.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I am in agreement with you. I love my iStick and am mostly using the Nautilus Mini tanks with 1.8 BVC coils, Johnson Creek juices, and I too usually run it between 3 - 3.3 volts depending on the individual juice I am vaping. Totally satisfied!

The good news is, you don't have to bother fiddling with the voltage on an istick below 4v -- it will always fire at 4v, no matter what it says. :)

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
It does not. It's hard wired lipo, good for 500+ charges.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Good to know, thank you :) I'm returning my iStick as it was awesome at first, then I changed the coil and it wouldn't connect, kept saying "no atomizer".... with the same one I just used! Then proceeded to try 4 others and same thing. From what I have read, it's common. Bummer, I like the size and the power etc. This was my first step up from the pen-types. Returning it tomorrow. Someone recommended the MVP and looks nice. Still doing my homework on it, I don't want to get burned again..

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Good to know, thank you :) I'm returning my iStick as it was awesome at first, then I changed the coil and it wouldn't connect, kept saying "no atomizer".... with the same one I just used! Then proceeded to try 4 others and same thing. From what I have read, it's common. Bummer, I like the size and the power etc. This was my first step up from the pen-types. Returning it tomorrow. Someone recommended the MVP and looks nice. Still doing my homework on it, I don't want to get burned again..

Try pulling the positive post. It's not a spring loaded connection so an atty with s longer positive post may have forced it down. Take a micro screwdriver and gently pry it up a bit. A pair of finely tipped tweezers can work too.

Not sure if 510 on mvp is spring loaded or not.... Istick 2 is said to be though...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread