MVP 20 WATT NOT READING OHMS RIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
My MVP 20 watt recently started to get a little wonky on me. I use 1.5 ohm coils in an aerotank but for some reason the MVP is readin it as 4.9 and sometimes even higher. Of course its not hitting right either. I know its not the coils because if i put that same tank on my MVP 2.0 it reads correctly. The MVP 20w doesn't do this all the time but today its been doing it all day. It won;t go below 5 ohms and sometimes its even higher. Is this thing shot?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I don't have it with me right now. When I get home i'm going ot try that. I guess just alcohol and a qtip right?

Yes.

If that doesn't help, try some other attys to see if its just that one not connecting well with it, or if its the mod. It could have a bad solder joint or loose wire.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
My MVP 20 watt recently started to get a little wonky on me. I use 1.5 ohm coils in an aerotank but for some reason the MVP is readin it as 4.9 and sometimes even higher. Of course its not hitting right either. I know its not the coils because if i put that same tank on my MVP 2.0 it reads correctly. The MVP 20w doesn't do this all the time but today its been doing it all day. It won;t go below 5 ohms and sometimes its even higher. Is this thing shot?

Yes, I know exactly what the problem is.

The MVP 2.0 is NOTORIOUS for having bad 510 connections. In fact, back when I used an mvp 2.0 I had to buy a 510 to 510 connector, and keep it on the mvp at ALL times, because after a while the mvp stopped reading several of my delivery devices.

The solution is to clean the 510 connectors,
if that doesn't work, try RAISING the 510 connectors.

If that doesnt work, youll need to buy a 510 to 510 connector like I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread