MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I have had my MVP 20W for about 4 months. It has recently started shutting down on its own, like I have hit the button three times when i have not.
Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there anything to do about it?

Not a good sign. That was a symptom of the SVD before it died.

Reactions: Puff2K

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
there’s electronics in an ego… ? :D :lol:

a pleasant surprise for me, has been the Kanger EVOD Mega battery
1900mah / regulated 3.7V output / flush top / USB charge / 103mm x 19m / cheap
kinda like a mech…
just building some 1.4Ω – 1.6Ω coils and, It Just Works (very happy)

- Kanger Evod Mega Simple Kit - Red

- Kanger EVOD Mega Kit 1900mah - Kangertech - eGo Batteries

vape≈Wise
:blush:

That Mega Simple Kit - Red seems to be a really attractive steal *cough, ahem* deal. Around $25, hm, might be a nice little merry tax-mas gift. *nodding and grinning* May even get a few stocked up as intro kits for whoever axes / asks about vaping. "oh, wait I never really go out to be asked." *sighs* I'm just the house dog/hubby what does the funky grunt jobs. *ponders friends in forum, continues pondering whilst reading*

Reactions: pufZeppelin

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Well, I'm one of those "Keep it simple" people. I have my 2 20W MVP and my one MVP@. I have one mechanical mod, and I'm good.

You are that. :) Fall into the simple boat here as well. Sure I have a few more little bits, yet they remain bang on simple.

Wife cannot get me to use a cell phone, wear a watch, check the weather on television/radio/interwebs.

"Look at the sun/moon and tell the time, while outside doing that feel/see the weather", I say. She often has a short drive to crazy. ;) "Howl to holler at me", I quip if she asks about a phone.

Never been one for all the frills, rather face the chills naked. I have too. Yep, I'm a bit nutter but who isn't these days? ;) :) :lol:

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
I have had my MVP 20W for about 4 months. It has recently started shutting down on its own, like I have hit the button three times when i have not.
Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there anything to do about it?
This started happening to my vv3 but only after a year of heavy use (and a dozen big drops lol). I would not expect an undamaged mvp to have this issue, they are so much sturdier than vv3 and vv4 batteries! Good luck!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
well after a good 2 yr run with my MVP 11W, I think it is time to upgrade…

my MVP 11W is starting to give me trouble ‘pushing the fire button

sorta been an issue for a little while now, but lately it is getting unruly…

if you don’t hit the Fire button “PERFECT” , it acts up and goes into light show mode

either shutting off or restarting itself… :eek:

other than that, it still operates great (including good battery life)

Gonna have to call it GAME OVER, and move on to some of the cool new gear that is now out

:w00t:

Vape≈Modern

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
well after a good 2 yr run with my MVP 11W, I think it is time to upgrade…

my MVP 11W is starting to give me trouble ‘pushing the fire button

sorta been an issue for a little while now, but lately it is getting unruly…

if you don’t hit the Fire button “PERFECT” , it acts up and goes into light show mode

either shutting off or restarting itself… :eek:

other than that, it still operates great (including good battery life)

Gonna have to call it GAME OVER, and move on to some of the cool new gear that is now out

:w00t:

Vape≈Modern

If you want to do a very similar replacement the MVP 20w are dirt cheap and maintain the exact configuration of previous MVPs. The fire button seems a little easier to press. Unless you are going to spend big bucks stay with Innokin. Some of the less expensive import boxes do perform well but the life span is just not there nor the durability.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Sweet Vapes has them for $28.95. Ecig.com has them for $26.53, but I've never used them before, so don't know if they have good service.
I've ordered from Ecig.com recently, and everything was good. I did have to contact their CS, and they quickly addressed my issue.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I haven't been here in ages, but no news is good news :) In May, I bought 2 MVP 20W's for myself, now my husband wants one. I bought them from Vapor Beast, but they no longer carry them. Any suggestions on where I can find one at the best price? Thanks once again!

they are startin to get scarce

- Innokin iTaste MVP 20W

- Innokin iTaste MVP 20 Watt - 101 Vape

- Innokin iTaste MVP 20W *SALE*

you could just be nice and give him yours... :angel:

(then order yourself a coolfire IV) :sneaky:

- Innokin Coolfire IV - Innokin - Electronic Mods

:)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Thanks so much...I really don't need a lot of power, I need battery life. I'm so upset that the 20W is so limited in availability. But I will check out the Cool Fire, thanks again!

101 Vapes has been selling innokin for a long time now and I and many others here have used them with no regrets and the price is right. For me the size/power ratio on the 20w is perfect for my long outing needs.

That being said, the CFIV has become my favorite carry. She just sits right in the hand.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Thanks to everyone for your replies - is there anything out there that matches or exceeds the MVP's battery power?

The MVP 3.0 exceeds the 20W battery power. The Innokin Disrupter is about the same. I really love the Disrupter, but probably wouldn't have bought one - I won mine in their giveaway contest.

Reactions: nwohiopma

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Thanks to everyone for your replies -
is there anything out there that matches or exceeds the MVP's battery power?

the MVP 11w/20w - isn’t around for a reason
so many BETTER devices out now…

have to say the CoolFire IV is the replacement

Innokin did wrong and therefore discontinued the MVP 3.0 :oops:
(30w; 3800mah)

the MVP PRO is a very nice unit (60w; 4500mah)
but LACKS temp control (big & heavy)
- Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro 60W - Express kit

I bought an iStick TC40w for the wife
and "I" simply adore it… :hubba:

2600mah/USB charge/stainless-springy 510/40w (oh, & TC)
it just seems perfect – price, battery life, size
pushing about a months time and it has been trouble-free & flawless
thinking about buying a box of them ;)
- iStick TC 40W by Eleaf Temperature Control $28.95

(it pains me, but instead of innokin, I bought)
the king of battery (size & life) is the eVIC VT
5000mah / 60w / temp control $55 bucks (complete kit !) everything but juice
- Joytech eVic VT Full Kit - Joyetech - Electronic Mods

from the way cool Pauly Meatballs site:
this comparison pic shows,
the istick 30w (same size as TC40w)
and the MVP 3.0, same size as MVP Pro
the whole gang 3.png

TC40W ad page 1.png

Disrupter 3.png

good luck

:)

Reactions: nwohiopma

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Actually, if you always vape under 20 watts (I do), the only reason a higher wattage device "may" be better is if it has longer battery life/higher quality. I love my MVP 20s. They do exactly what I need them to do, always give a great vape, and give me decent battery life for the type of battery they use. Same with my SVD 2.0.

I recognize that there are plenty of high wattage vapers out there these days. But don't assume that everyone vapes that way, or that Innokin made a mistake by putting out lower wattage devices. I still see MVP 2's at plenty of online sites.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I agree with you about the MVP20. It is a solid device and I have 3 of them. I vape at 15watts @1.2ohm. For that setting, the MVP20 works really well. It is definitely not a sexy device but it just works and works. I also have an iStick40 and it seems that it is a nice device as well. In terms of battery life, it lasts about 70% of what I get from the MVP20. I tested it out one day using the same RBA. I also tested out the Heatvape Defender 25W which also has a 2600mah battery. I was surprised that it lasted exactly the same as the MVP20. I got 10ml out of the MVP20 and Defender vs 7ml from the iStick40. I also had troubles with some of my RBAs not working on the iStick. They work on every other device that I have. Kept getting "atomizer low" whatever that means. I use the istick40 every day but I had to dedicate one RBA to use on it all the time. I also have the MVP3.0Pro. I really like it but it is a little large and, without a sleeve, the corners seem sharp so it is not comfortable to hold in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread