MVP2 1st day experience. This CAN'T be typical

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonInAtl

Jan 21, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
After reading all the happy reviews of the MVP2, and considering how much I like my iTaste VV V3, I went to my local-ish B&M and bought a MVP2.

Before leaving the parking lot I screwed on my MPT2 and headed for home.
1st traffic light I went to set it to VW Mode (I like an 8W setting). The "P" button didn't do anything.
Went back to the store where they tried it and sure enough, dead "P" button. They exchanged it for another.

Headed for home, took a couple hits and threw it on the charger.
After arriving home 30min later I unplugged it- damn it's hot! Plus the fire button was staying lit green.
The P and U buttons wouldn't trigger anything on the display.
Plugged and unplugged it a couple times and the green fire button finally went out, however, it kept getting hotter (not plugged in).

Back to the B&M
I held it up "You have a stuck button now?" "It doesn't feel stuck plus I don't think it should be this hot."
By this time I couldn't hold it comfortably.
He took it, dropped it on the counter, scooped it up and took it outside in a bag.

On to the 3rd one.
They checked the resistance of my MPT2, 2ohms on a 1.8 coil so that was fine.
After several minutes of test vapes I left with it.

So far so good but this CAN'T be typical of these.... is it?

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Not at all man. Sorry to hear you went through all that crap. You gotta know though that in any product there is bound to be a lemon or two. Sounds like a freaking hassle though.

Reminds me of a Sony laptop I bought. During the first six months I had to send it to Sony three times for major component replacement. After that nightmare it was the best PC I ever owned. That was 7 years ago and it still works great which is quite ridiculous. Not sure why I decided to share that but oh well.

Last edited:

Peepaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Warner Robins, Ga USA
Sorry it was such a hassle. Maybe you'll be luckier with this one.
I got mine about 3 days ago and I'm still vapin on the factory charge.
I don't have any complaints with mine except I can't put it down.

I may stick it on charge tomorrow just to see what happens. It's still in the green, showing 3.9.

8a31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
Cincinnati, ohio
I have a MPV V2 and have had no problems with it. I just ordered a second so I can always have a fresh charge. Many years ago I worked with electronics in the quality control division. When the units I worked with were mas-produced as this one is, we randomly took a set number of units from each batch and tested them. If more than 3 or 4 failed we would fail the entire batch and they would have to all be checked individually. If the batch passed, the rest were assumed to be good as well. I am guessing it is the same way today so it is possible to have bad ones get through the system even if a batch tested good. This sounds like what has happened here.

This is such a good unit and I have no question you will be uber pleased with it. If this one has any issues try to buy one elsewhere and Im sure you will get a great one. I would advise the B&M to contact their supplier and try to return that batch.

wwt2

Jan 24, 2012
Alvin Tx
I had the same problem and I've read a few peoples solution but here's what I did. I opened it up top and bottom. I took a drill bit that fits a standard solder in 510 that I got from Madvapes I drilled the stock twist wheel straight through ( the spin wheel finally broke while drilling) anyway I drilled the hole and one it broke the inside stuff that allowed the wheel to turn came out. So I now have a vtr with nothing where the threads go so I soldered some leads on the new 510 used my vise and a deep socket to press it in flipped it over soldered the new leads to the old ones and poured some epoxy down the inside to secure everything and it works perfect now. I think personally it hits a lot harder then before. Did I mention I got this broke one on eBay for 20$ so I'm pretty happy with it now

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
After reading all the happy reviews of the MVP2, and considering how much I like my iTaste VV V3, I went to my local-ish B&M and bought a MVP2.

Before leaving the parking lot I screwed on my MPT2 and headed for home.
1st traffic light I went to set it to VW Mode (I like an 8W setting). The "P" button didn't do anything.
Went back to the store where they tried it and sure enough, dead "P" button. They exchanged it for another.

Headed for home, took a couple hits and threw it on the charger.
After arriving home 30min later I unplugged it- damn it's hot! Plus the fire button was staying lit green.
The P and U buttons wouldn't trigger anything on the display.
Plugged and unplugged it a couple times and the green fire button finally went out, however, it kept getting hotter (not plugged in).

Back to the B&M
I held it up "You have a stuck button now?" "It doesn't feel stuck plus I don't think it should be this hot."
By this time I couldn't hold it comfortably.
He took it, dropped it on the counter, scooped it up and took it outside in a bag.

On to the 3rd one.
They checked the resistance of my MPT2, 2ohms on a 1.8 coil so that was fine.
After several minutes of test vapes I left with it.

So far so good but this CAN'T be typical of these.... is it?

curious :

so it's been about 3 months

wonder what the verdict is... ?

:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread