Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

FStopFive

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
just wanted to share what ive found on GotSmok. looks like a good battery.
BUT, considering all the re-wrapping that takes place i had a hunch that these were just LG HE2s re-wrapped (based on specs).
i dug around and it seems that candlepower has the same hunch.
would you guys agree?

I need a Professional Battery Test on a 18650 and 26650

Yellow MXJO batteries?

MXJO 18650 Battery $9.93 | GOTSMOK.COM

They're not re-wrapped LG's, and they're *fantastic* batteries. I've got 2 right now with another 2 on the way. Aside from my VTC5s they're the only 18650 batteries I use.

Chris Cox

Feb 8, 2013
Denver
Just saw these today at a local B&M, kinda curious myself. The owner of that shop indicated that they were in fact 35 amp continuous, 70 amp for 60 seconds. 2500 mah, 35 amp continuous seemed a little too good to be true, but he said his battery supplier was convinced they were a superior replacement for the VTC5s. I'm thinking of grabbing a couple, but I'd love to see some proper testing and such.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Any evidence for that claim?

"Toby" from MXJO says so!

gI4YJqZ.png

edit: I'm not saying these aren't good cells. I'm just skeptical that they aren't re-wrapped.

Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Just saw these today at a local B&M, kinda curious myself. The owner of that shop indicated that they were in fact 35 amp continuous, 70 amp for 60 seconds. 2500 mah, 35 amp continuous seemed a little too good to be true, but he said his battery supplier was convinced they were a superior replacement for the VTC5s. I'm thinking of grabbing a couple, but I'd love to see some proper testing and such.

I smell a rat!

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
They're not re-wrapped LG's, and they're *fantastic* batteries. I've got 2 right now with another 2 on the way. Aside from my VTC5s they're the only 18650 batteries I use.
I'm not sure what information you think you have, but those batteries are re-wrapped LG 18650 HE2's and it was confirmed by a poster of candlepowerforums(He owns the website, Flashlight information). The positive pole and specs identically match the LG spec sheet as well, however they are ONLY 20A continuous. Don't take claims from companies that pop up overnight seriously.

If you want these batteries for $7 each, just buy LG 18650 HE2's straight from a manufacturer that doesn't throw a shiny wrapper on them and bump up the price.

Once again, it is a confirmed LG18650HE2.

Last edited:

Doug_xx2

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Penn Yan, ny
I'm not sure what information you think you have, but those batteries are re-wrapped LG 18650 HE2's and it was confirmed by a poster of candlepowerforums(He owns the website, Flashlight information). The positive pole and specs identically match the LG spec sheet as well, however they are ONLY 20A continuous. Don't take claims from companies that pop up overnight seriously.

If you want these batteries for $7 each, just buy LG 18650 HE2's straight from a manufacturer that doesn't throw a shiny wrapper on them and bump up the price.

Once again, it is a confirmed LG18650HE2.

Got a link?

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Got a link?
Ask and you shall receive. For a stateside distributor I would go with 18650 LG 18650HE2 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top this will be the fastest way for the best price for someone in the US, but not the cheapest.

For the cheapest price the place to look is Fasttech, https://www.fasttech.com/products/1659701 but you're going to wait a while because shipping batteries is very slow from them, it's not uncommon for a 2 month wait if you're using registered surface mail via Hong Kong post, which is the only outlet they have to ship batteries from currently. Either way, they're $12.27 for a PAIR of them with free shipping, I ordered from them because I have enough batteries to last me a long time and didn't need them ASAP.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Ask and you shall receive. For a stateside distributor I would go with 18650 LG 18650HE2 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top this will be the fastest way for the best price for someone in the US, but not the cheapest.

For the cheapest price the place to look is Fasttech, https://www.fasttech.com/products/1659701 but you're going to wait a while because shipping batteries is very slow from them, it's not uncommon for a 2 month wait if you're using registered surface mail via Hong Kong post, which is the only outlet they have to ship batteries from currently. Either way, they're $12.27 for a PAIR of them with free shipping, I ordered from them because I have enough batteries to last me a long time and didn't need them ASAP.

I had been debating both those sources (in addition to rtd) for weeks. Ended up going with illum and I'm glad I did. I wanted them quickly (yet I waffled for weeks lol) and I was rewarded with amazing attention to packaging. Very secure packaging with tons of shock resistance.

Ft batteries in my experience have been great, but damn- if that wait isn't something you're prepared for, it's gonna suck.

Tony Starks

Aug 28, 2012
Foothills, CA
Just picked a pair of these from the B&M, looking for the Sony but was told they don't make them anymore and recommended these. So far so good in my first mech mod with RDA. Couldn't wait to get started so bought these batts at the shop, had them rebuild the atty at 2ohm and it hits smoother than a wallaby shoe. I have had the AW18650 in my Reo for a few years and wanted to upgrade, hopefully they prove to be good cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread