My “BB&B (Barebones Black & Blue)” DNA20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlefeather

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Northern California
Thought I’d share my lastest build. If you want to copy it? That’s fine with me! It was supposed to be Very Simple! Simple isn’t the same as easy! LOL! The KISS principle didn’t make it to this ones front door! For sure! I wanted to use colored tactile switches but not have all the spaghetti wiring show. Sooooo, I put most of the wiring in the walls! The tact switches and 510 I heat colored to blue or close! Careful if you try it! Very tricky with the thin metal of the switches. Yup, I now have a few switches that’ll go for a anmother project. The blue corner inlay blocks are a product called Richlite (interesting material!). They’re hard to see the deep blue color with my poor cellphone photos. Sooo, I’ll just continue testing it for now. Oh yeah, it has magnetic closesure.
1-Board—DNA20 + resettable fuses (2) for reverse polarity protection.
2-Battery—Single AW IMR 2000mAh.
3-Material—Micarta (.093).
4-Wire—Black 20ga. Solid.
5-510 Connector—Fatdaddy.
Here’s a link to my build pictures in no particular order!
http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/L.../Barebones Black Blue DNA20 Mod?sort=3&page=1

Attachments

• BB&B-1.jpg
    BB&B-1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 79
  • BB&B-2.jpg
    BB&B-2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 65
  • BB&B-6.jpg
    BB&B-6.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 74

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Littlefeather, KeepItBeautiful always trumps KISS, which you have definitely done here. You really ought to post some from the gallery in this thread directly as the innards are gorgeous too. Blued tact switches, that must have been a fun evening. :D

I discovered that I'm pretty good at bluing embroidery needles for kanthal connections, and that with just a lighter LOL.

Littlefeather

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Northern California
Thanks folks. Took Asdaqs advice and here are some more of the shot from my build. The in wall wiring was a bit of a challenge but I like the way it turned out. Also, when heat coloring very thin stainless steel (ie: Button domes & collars) there can be some oops factor. Takes a bit of practice as the half dozen foul-ups will attest. If you'd like to see more shots and/or give it a try? Be my guest! Aim small miss small! LOL!

BB&B-24.jpg BB&B-25.jpg BB&B-22.jpg BB&B-34.jpg BB&B-37.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread