My $0.02 regarding a potential ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
I've been thinking about this quite a bit as I'm sure just about everyone is and here's my thinking.. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong somewhere as I'm always the first to acknowledge that I don't know everything.

Pot is illegal.... but you can still buy pipes and bongs all over the place.

.... is illegal but I've seen those types of pipes and "tooters" in various types of stores as well.

...... is illegal but you can still find syringes fairly easily if you know where to look.

Wouldn't logic stand to reason that IF they manage to "ban e-cigs" that they couldn't successfully ban our equipment? I would think that it would stand to reason that the only thing they could "shut down", "ban", or make "illegal" would be the juice, right? And even then only the juice that contains nicotine. Since juice that is made without ANY nicotine is really only artificial flavoring with high PG/VG content.

And of course should that come to pass I'm sure we would still be able to get our Nic & juices on some sort of "black market". I honestly believe there are too many of us for it to just vanish on us over night. Maybe we'd be mixing our own if we wanted nicotine, maybe we'd have to pay a bit more for our juice. But I would think that the availability and price for the equipment wouldn't likely change drastically.

Thoughts??

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
LOL that's always been my stance.. on anything really.. I do what I want in life and if it happens to be legal than goody for the law.. if it happens to be illegal.. let em catch me. Morality has nothing to do with the legal system and that's the only "rules" that I've ever lived by.

I made this thread because it's sort of my thinking of what is likely or even possible and I see so many people so terrified that some how the FDA is going to be able to magically make all of the juice and supplies miraculously vaporize into thin air by banning them. And I wanted to see if anyone else thought my thinking logical or if I've been paying too much attention to "the voices" :p

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
My take is, I can make a friend where's it's legal and get a box of "truck parts" shipped to me. .... em.

I agree completely. My neighbor is from England and I have met his brother when he has visited. He may become my new pen pal.;)

I just remembered I have another friend who is getting ready to move to Holland. Now I have two options.

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I've been thinking about this quite a bit as I'm sure just about everyone is and here's my thinking.. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong somewhere as I'm always the first to acknowledge that I don't know everything.

.... is illegal but I've seen those types of pipes and "tooters" in various types of stores as well.

...... is illegal but you can still find syringes fairly easily if you know where to look.

Wouldn't logic stand to reason that IF they manage to "ban e-cigs" that they couldn't successfully ban our equipment? I would think that it would stand to reason that the only thing they could "shut down", "ban", or make "illegal" would be the juice, right? And even then only the juice that contains nicotine. Since juice that is made without ANY nicotine is really only artificial flavoring with high PG/VG content.

And of course should that come to pass I'm sure we would still be able to get our Nic & juices on some sort of "black market". I honestly believe there are too many of us for it to just vanish on us over night. Maybe we'd be mixing our own if we wanted nicotine, maybe we'd have to pay a bit more for our juice. But I would think that the availability and price for the equipment wouldn't likely change drastically.

Thoughts??

My first thought is your $0.02 must be before taxes. It will be $7.50 after the FDA has its way.

I'm not bothered at all by it. I'm heavily stocked, and still stocking. If e-cigs were totally wiped out, I have enough to keep me going until I find a supplier. And I *will* find a supplier.

Anyone who thinks e-cigs will disappear should read up on a little thing from the 20's & 30's that they called Prohibition.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
My take is, I can make a friend where's it's legal and get a box of "truck parts" shipped to me. .... em.

Every country needs analog taxes so I don't know if they will be legal in any major country.

China relies heavily on analog taxes so I am just waiting for China to ban production there.

If it becomes a big hassle most will just go back to analogs.

Maybe the hardware will become unreliable if they are only available on the black market.

The DIY crowd will make their own but forget about the savings of millions of lives.

Hmmm...I think my cup is getting half empty...need to switch to half full :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Wouldn't logic stand to reason that IF they manage to "ban e-cigs" that they couldn't successfully ban our equipment?

As I pointed out in a similar thread, 'logic' doesn't rule with gov't. Only gov't rules and they can as easily ban the hardware as well as the juice. They ban machine guns (from unlicensed civilians) but not ammo (yet). They ban hand grenades, C4, etc. etc. There isn't anything 'logical' about it.

Whether they will or not is of course another issue, but never say 'can't' or 'couldn't' when it comes to gov't, or you'll simply make a fool of yourself, eventually.

How about the 1st amendment - "congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech...."

One should ask some of the politically correct politicians 'what part of 'no' didn't you understand?'

Say you're a founder and you didn't want to restrict freedom of speech in any way because for some fool hearty reason you thought that the best way to come to the truth was by the full exchange of ideas, even the wacky and offensive ones because once 'everything' was on the table then it would become apparent was was true or right. It is why Alan Dershowitz, a Jew (and regardless of what you think of the rest of his politics) took up the case of the Nazi's right to march in Skokie Ill. (a highly Jewish community) - allow them to speak and let the people decide. I don't think they recruited anyone that day. :)

Anyway, back to 'your a founder' - in what terms would you use to convey the idea about what congress could or couldn't do with the right to free speech when you wanted _no_ interference at all? My guess it would have been very close if not an exact duplicate of what they ended up writing.

The point being is that the gov't has deteriorated away from freedoms and rights so much that it should be obvious that they can do whatever they want, and again, logic has nothing whatsoever to do with any of it. They may make it _sound_ logical but that's just propaganda artists at work. Sometimes they don't even bother with that. lol.

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio

Wouldn't logic stand to reason that IF they manage to "ban e-cigs" that they couldn't successfully ban our equipment?

Thoughts??

You make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, there's a lot of money at stake with analogs. Not so with bongs, syringes, etc. The e-cig is in a totally different catagory.

I think we'll eventually end up with an FDA approved e-cig, but not until they figure out how to tax us up the whazoo and BT & BP make money on it.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
As I pointed out in a similar thread, 'logic' doesn't rule with gov't. Only gov't rules and they can as easily ban the hardware as well as the juice. They ban machine guns (from unlicensed civilians) but not ammo (yet). They ban hand grenades, C4, etc. etc. There isn't anything 'logical' about it.

I disagree with this part.. I don't want some crack head running around with a fully automatic AK47 with hand grenades and C4 LEGALLY.. Much better for that to be illegal so the first time they get caught with any of it they get put away. Getting a license for a fully automatic gun isn't hard.. you basically just have to pass tests proving you know how to use it and you're not some psycho that's going to go shooting up the local pre school. And who the hell needs hand grenades and C4?? I mean yea sure they might be fun to play with.. til you blow off your arm. There is plenty of logic behind these laws.. maybe you picked a bad example?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There is plenty of logic behind these laws.. maybe you picked a bad example?

The OP's point is that they may ban the juice but not the hardware and gives examples of how they still sell bongs, as if the fact that they allow bongs to be sold, somehow translates into that they would 'logically' have to allow ecigs to be sold. That 'logic' doesn't happen with gov't.

My point was that they do ban hardware - grenades, machine guns. So there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't (if they wanted to) ban ecigs.

I might also point out that some bans are logical but that there is no pattern :)

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Ok, I know that people are angry, but I'm not sure that the "Let them catch me" attitude is helpful or wise, no offense. I agree with you guys though, you can totally go to a shop in a town near here and buy "Tobacco pipes and bongs" from some long haired hippie with his eyes half shut all of the time. They are required by law to toss you out of the store if you even mention anything besides tobacco, but still. I mean it's so freakin obvious that people use that stuff for weed. I agree that I can see them maybe having a reason to ban the liquid with their crazy standards even though it's better than smoking a real analog, but I can't see them being able to ban the hardware since it also fits in with that other stuff. We could smoke our own 0nic stuff that people have been mentioning how to make on here- and the stuff in that is not dangerous or complex at all by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread