My 0.2 ohm single coil (twisted 24awg kanthal) "Disclaimer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smlexy

Apr 3, 2013
New York, NY, USA
Hello fellow Vapers, as a disclaimer please understand ohms law and using proper batteries when it comes to super sub ohm vaping. The only batteries i use with this coil are my sony 18650 vtc4 with a 30 amp rating and my aw imr 18650 1600 mah's with a 24 amp rating. Without the proper batteries and knowing your amp draw, vaping at such low ohms can be very dangerous. Anyway here is my latest build and my first rda post.

CAM00108.jpg CAM00109.jpg

As said in the title this is a 0.2 ohms single micro coil. It is 4 wraps around a 3/32 drill bit using twisted 24 gauge kanthal with a cotton wick on the inside on my igo-l and k100 Out of all the single coils I've made this one performs the best, i personally find twisted kanthal on micros to work much better due to the small gaps created, letting juice seep to the surface of the coil. With normal micros there isn't supposed to be any gaps and i find that can suffocate the wick, and not let as much juice be vaporized.

Smlexy

Apr 3, 2013
New York, NY, USA
"Hot vape! I built a dual 5/6 wrap with 24g on my igo-w last night just for fun. The hottest vape I think I've ever had. My dual metered at .25 though. Also on a 3/32 drill bit. Definitely not a build I will use frequently. Nice job though." crazyarms

I wonder what the v-drop on that is under that load?
Yeah, its a pretty warm vape, the flavor on anything with highish pg is a little intense. Not sure about the v-drop need to buy a screw on meter for that, but i imagine its pretty bad. At least my sony's should mitigate the v-drop a little, need a better mech mod though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread