My 1st Goes at Extractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
...Shame it's Not Possible to Click a 'Like' Button For a Whole Sub-Forum!!!
S--L--O--W--L--Y Reading Thru' All the Posts in This 'Liquid Extraction From Tobacco' Section!
The Interest Here in NETs, & the Vast Body of Info. Re. DIY Extraction is THE Reason I've Joined!
I've Been Playing at This, Using Tobacco Leaf, Only Since November, at a Much More Primitive Level Than a Lot of You Guys!

How I've Done it...(Can't Even Claim Credit for the Method as Got it From a Couple of UK vaping Forums...Tho' Sadly, a Dearth of Interest in NETs Here..It Mostly Seems to Be About Custards, Sweeties etc.....a Sorta 'Alcopops' Type Palette Range! :unsure:)

Roughly 10g. of Leaf in a Mug;
Splash a Little Vodka (or Philippine Rum!) on;
Cover With PG; (Used VG For 1st Time..)
Stir & Squash;
Heat Water in Saucepan;
Place Mug in Pan & Stir/Squash for 10-15 mins;
Remove Mug & Let Cool;
Leave for 24hrs.
Repeat Heat Again;
Strain, Filter, Bottle & Leave to Steep.

This Was Supposedly OK For Use as a Concentrate at about 30%, But I Personally, Found it a Bit on the Weak Side!

Have Since Done the Following (Again, Can't Claim Credit for the Method!..)

Approx. 20g. Leaf;
100ml. of Nic. Base (Mine's Usually 50/50 at 18/24/36mg....)
Cover Mug With Cling-Film;
Leave it For a Month...Occasional Stir;

This Suits My Uh,...'Tranquil' Nature Better!
vaping a Nice Red Virg. Made the Lazy Way as I Type & Have a Smooth Virg./Aged Burley & a Havana/Dominican also.
Concentrates:- The Above, + Brazilian Habano, Colombian Seco, Philippine Sumatra (From Cigars) &....The One That Got Me Off the Cigs....................'Old Holborn'! (My RYO Brand For 30 Yrs!

After Finding the Wisdom of Experience on ECF, I Now Know That I Need to Filter to a Finer Degree...........or Buy Loads More Drippers & tanks So I Can 'Rotate' as Coils & Wicks Gunk!!

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to the club. An Aeropress Coffee Filter is great for filtering your NET's and it's inexpensive. You might try just PG as your solvent and use the resulting liquid like a flavor concentrate. By adding your base to make a juice you won't have to worry about the nicotine aging out in the concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread