Attachments

• 510 Bic.jpg
    510 Bic.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 805

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
What is it? Details! I'm thinking you actually modified the lighter to hold a batt and there's an atty connector up top and the lighter button has a tact switch under?
or is it more like Krazi implied, a case for your 510 to slide in to prevent it from firing in your pocket?
If it's the first then that's a very nice job and I want more details, and this thread should be in the modders forums...

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
What is it? Details! I'm thinking you actually modified the lighter to hold a batt and there's an atty connector up top and the lighter button has a tact switch under?
or is it more like Krazi implied, a case for your 510 to slide in to prevent it from firing in your pocket?
If it's the first then that's a very nice job and I want more details, and this thread should be in the modders forums...

i didnt even think about that!!.....if it is indeed a mod to use the lighter button to fire the ecig then im all game to give this a try!!!!!.....

squeeze

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
prescott Arizona
Yes the lighter button is the switch to fire the e cig. Switch is under red lighter button. Used two 320mah Li-Ion batterys 3.7 volts. It was a very tight fit, the batterys just fit. and battery to atty connector is in the top of lighter body.Want to get higher mah batterys for it. This was not an easy to do mod and i went as far as to grind down flint wheel so could mount it back on the lighter, it justed look like crapy with out it. No need to take out batterys to charge it .I did this becouse i wanted a cool looking mod that not just any body could put together. And diden't want some box looking thing. Now if you want you can try to Figure out how i made the bottom to keep the batterys in it.

squeeze

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
prescott Arizona
10440's I'm assuming... I've got the stuff to build this: 3-Minute Lighter Mod...
I've got scars on my hands that tell me not to try taking another Bic lighter apart! :)
It is a very nice stealthy mod! You should post it in the Battery Mods forum so it can get some appreciation!

Wow that one looks easy not like the BiC. yeah i will ask them to move it to mods. I would never try to open a lighter with gas in it. Empty Bic lighters are easy to come by moding them arn't

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
No, the ones I opened were all drained.
At this point, I'm sure I could do it... At the time, I was young, and my knife was sharp, soon as it cut through the lighter, there was my thumb, bone and all....
And I do have a project, on my long list, that will involve gutting a Bic lighter...

To get back on topic: Any more you wanna share? I'm interested; What kinda switch did you use?, You said you're using 2x 10440's, are they serial or parallel? If serial, did you use a regulator, or are you running a full 7.4V (8.4V with full charge)?
Or if you wanna keep it under your hat, so there aren't a bunch of imitations running around, I understand...

squeeze

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
prescott Arizona
The switch is like the one at radio shack STSP12vdc/50ma high tact switch. The one i used was out of a 9v clock radio don't know what it is rated at, but it is much thicker in size. The 10440's are in parallel 3.7v There is a diode to jump the switch so i can charge it from the battery connector. The diode is black with silver band number on it is 3507 it cuts down the volts like .3v making it charge a little slower seems to work ok, I don't know if it is a rectifier diode I got it from a old circuit board ( I like free parts ) I use a 510 charger had to make an extension for the charger so it will reach inside the bic lighter to the battery connector. An eGo charger would be faster just need to buy one or buy a charger extension. If any one knows of a better switch and diode to use let me know. Was thinking of hooking up batterys in serial 7.4v cut it down to like 5v don't know how long the batt's charge will last that way,and don't know what resistor to use,or if i could use a trimmer to cut down the volts to 5v. The cellphone mod is set up the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread