My $60 Dilemma - Time To Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
As a computer technician independent consultant that rarely gets a whole log of money these days, it's a big deal that I can spend $60 towards vaping tonight.

My dilemma is this:

I've already been caught off guard by having run out juice before. I don't want that to happen again. I felt the little progress I gained was for nothing when I resumed smoking analogs for a week. So ...

I have an L88b Blu/Volcano and now's my chance to upgrade to a Joye 510 starter kit! However, that would leave me with no money for extra batteries, extra attys and worse ... extra e-liquid. No juice, I go back to analogs : ( Thing is, I've wanted to go 510 for a while now.

My other option is to buy a USB passthru for the Blu/Volcano and more juice and more attys. Do they even make a USB passthru for super-minis like the Blu?

What would you guys do in my position? I have no idea when I'm getting hold of vaping money again.

Bottom line is that I just want to vape, stay off analogs - but I don't want to miss my chance to start on a 510.

I'm torn and genuinely begging for advice here. Also if anyone knows where I could get an inexpensive 510 kit with an extra same size battery that would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
StrictlyEJuice has a 510 passthrough for 13.45 and 10ml of juices for 4.25. They also have precut blue foam for $ .75. They offer free shipping on orders over $10 which a big savings. Also, check out the suppliers sales here on the forum. Another idea is to look at the classified to see what others are offering (I currently have several juices for sale), or you could place a want to buy ad and maybe someone will offer you a good deal. Hope that helps.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Hi John! As I understand you can get a Joye510 starter kit for $35.00 at cignot.com. I believe their shipping is very low.

Another solution might be how I entered this ecig kingdom...I had ordered my starter kit from China and it was taking the slow boat route so I decided to order an inline 510 passthrough through myfreedomsmokes.com (coupon code: smoke) @40% and I also ordered a box of cartomizers. I think that ran me about $20 with mailing fees tagged on.

I do recommend if money is as dear to you as it is to me right now, save up and get a Riva. I have several 510s now and they're a far cry from my first ecig mistake (don't ask) but they do not provide the same gratification as the Riva that just came in the mail today. I am not chain vaping now and for the last couple of days I've craved analogs (didn't give in), and have lost that craving. This Riva is amazing/ satisfying.

I wish I could be of greater assistance and wishing you luck with your decision. :)

Oh! Also, keep an eye on the buy/sell forum! That's where I got my Riva. Brand new with mailing $40.00. People offer juices there too. :)

Last edited:

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Noting what you said juice is the bottom line in my view. If you buy new equipment and have no money to buy juice it's pointless. If your Blu is doing the job for you at the moment worry about your supply of juice first, then spare parts and a new pv last and only when you can afford spare parts for the new pv. I feel for you. Having limited funds is tough. Been there.

Well John
I would get enough juice to last u a month or two first. Then save up to get a good pv. Quality is the way to go with pv's. There are lots of just good or ok pv's even more bad pv's out there, but a few that really shine and give u everthing u want or may want in the near future. Do the research before u go and spend your hard earned money on a pv that will only last a few months or that has limited battery life or power.
i started with a joye 510 ego and love it, but its been 3 months and i want more options with battery life, power,atty's so iam GGTS+AVS bound u will one day also if u want the best pv out IMHO. But its your decision your money your life have fun with it
and vape like u stole it
Jay

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
Wholehearted thanks to all the comments on this! You've been an enormous help. Hearing much about Riva. I'll be researching Riva tonight. Mad vapes and Cignot kits are looking really good right about now. Irwink, thanks for being able to relate to my situation and that's why this was such a tough decision. It's a difficult, but I'm certain temporary, life circumstance.

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
What kind of juice(flavors) do you vape? I might be able to help out

That's very, very kind of you. Not having a history of being on forums it never ceases to amaze me how generous people are on here and what true community spirit really is. This is a whole new world to me. Fortunately I can say that through Angelic intervention, I think I'll be ok on juice : ) Don't even know how to thank you for making that comment!

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
If the Blu is still working for you I'd say definitely get a passthrough and juice first. If you're at the computer alot a passthrough is pretty much a no brainer. A 510 can even be built piecemeal when you have the $. Staying away from cigs is the important thing now.

Truer words have not been said about about cigs. I vape on my computer repair workstation at home all of the time, so for sure it's a no brainer. I must invest in a passthrough. Thanks for keeping my spirits up.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Truer words have not been said about about cigs. I vape on my computer repair workstation at home all of the time, so for sure it's a no brainer. I must invest in a passthrough. Thanks for keeping my spirits up.

I'm unfortunately unemployed and I just finally ordered one since I'm on the computer all day lol. I'll save my batteries for when I'm going out or whatever. Money is tight so I know how you're feeling.

That's very, very kind of you. Not having a history of being on forums it never ceases to amaze me how generous people are on here and what true community spirit really is. This is a whole new world to me. Fortunately I can say that through Angelic intervention, I think I'll be ok on juice : ) Don't even know how to thank you for making that comment!

No problem at all! a few ml of juice is worth keeping someone off cigs! :)

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Quite frankly I'd recommend you skip the 510 and go with something that has a bigger battery. The 510 is a good unit but won't gain you whole lot over what you've already got. The Hello 016 is 510 compatible and runs around $45 for a kit. It's got a 1300mah hour battery so it should run all day on a charge. Just put it on the charger when you go to bed and you should be good for the day. If you decide to get a new unit of any kind and can't afford juice to go with it pm me with your addy and I'll get a few bottles off to you. I've got a bunch of USA mix that I'm not using.

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
Quite frankly I'd recommend you skip the 510 and go with something that has a bigger battery. The 510 is a good unit but won't gain you whole lot over what you've already got. The Hello 016 is 510 compatible and runs around $45 for a kit. It's got a 1300mah hour battery so it should run all day on a charge. Just put it on the charger when you go to bed and you should be good for the day. If you decide to get a new unit of any kind and can't afford juice to go with it pm me with your addy and I'll get a few bottles off to you. I've got a bunch of USA mix that I'm not using.

Thanks for that tip! And I appreciate that offer more than you'll know.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread