my aegis x can't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
first thing i do update the firmware aegis x i think the aegis firmware is for all aegis , after update aegis x with firmware aegis legend my mod can't turn on, sorry for bad english , i'm from indonesia , can anybody help me please.....

Hi,
Reinstall original firmware for your specific device.

What problem did you try to resolve by installing new firmware?

Cheers
I

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
first thing i do update the firmware aegis x i think the aegis firmware is for all aegis , after update aegis x with firmware aegis legend my mod can't turn on, sorry for bad english , i'm from indonesia , can anybody help me please.....

The Aegis firmware is not for ALL Aegis devices. Looking on the Geekvape site there is no firmware posted for the new Aegis X. In simple terms, you installed the incorrect firmware and have broken the device, otherwise referred to as “Bricking” the device. Do not ever install firmware unless 110% sure it is for your device.

The most you can do is contact Geekvape support in hopes they can send you the original firmware along with the appropriate installer.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    The Aegis X has no firmware update, as stated earlier you put Aegis Legend software on the Aegis X. Contact GeekVape and see if there's a solution.

Mindreader

Oct 22, 2019

Greetings from Germany to Indonesia

Looks like I have the same problem :/

I created a support ticket but so far no answer, maybe they are already sleeping in china.
    Whats about you ? Did you got an answer ? Were you able to recover your device ?

• Optimistic
    Reactions: HigherStateD

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I do not understand why people are trying to update the Aegis X with the incorrect firmware. That is like trying to install Apple iOS onto an Android device. It’s just not going to work, and the end result can be catastrophic!

As @BrotherBob suggested, post your issue in the Geekvape topic thread (he linked) where the Geekvape representative is allowed to respond.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I do not understand why people are trying to update the Aegis X with the incorrect firmware. That is like trying to install Apple iOS onto an Android device. It’s just not going to work, and the end result can be catastrophic!

As @BrotherBob suggested, post your issue in the Geekvape topic thread (he linked) where the Geekvape representative is allowed to respond.
    I think some people do not know the difference between the products.

• Agree
    Reactions: Falconeer

xxix

Oct 31, 2019
    i found a way to fix it:

here is the link for the factory firmware: drive.google.com/open?id=1y95Au4qfz5bgjQkKWKMFaUduPwdfucyV

1. download the link above
    2. take your ur batteries
    3. plug in the cable to your pc while holding the "+" button until you hear the windows detected usb sound on your pc.
    3. run the EXE on the downloaded file and press start.
    4. w8 until you see "update complete"
    5. remove the cable, plug in your battery and press the fire button 5 times to turn it on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread