My Altoid Addiction....

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
OK, this is not an original idea, Joker and Fairlane64 did this before I did, but I thought the original idea was so cool, that I felt the need to copycat.

In the pictures, the red one on the left was my first one, using 2 Cr123A's into a 5v regulator. After building it, I started thinking that I was really missing the boat on the potential utility of this little toy. So, version 2 (the blue one) came along.

The blue one runs 2 protected 10440's into a 5v regulator as well, but I compartmentalized it to hold cartos, and spare batteries. The lower part can hold either 4 extra bats or 2 bats and a couple of extra cartos. The side part can hold up to six extra cartos.

Aside from looking a little funny vaping this thing in public (which I can get over, because who really cares anyway?), it really is a tight little package, for all day convenience.

The pictures are really crappy since my wife has the camera and I took them with a cell phone, so if anyone wants clearer pictures or further explanation, let me know and I can have something in a day or so...

Attachments

• IMG00020.jpg
    IMG00020.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG00021.jpg
    IMG00021.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG00022.jpg
    IMG00022.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG00037.jpg
    IMG00037.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG00038.jpg
    IMG00038.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 262

Fairlane64

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Central US
Very nice namuch, I'm glad that the one's we built (j0ker's great original, then my copycat) could help inspire others to give it a try. I really like your ideas, and using the space inside the tin to store supplies for a great portable package.

Yeah, I too like vaping on an Altoid tin, it just has a great cool factor, and people usually have something positive to say about it, along with the surprise that a person would use a tin like that for such a purpose. I went ahead and built one out of the red tin too, great cool factor in the red tins.

Great work and originality, I hope you enjoy that 5V atty vape and keep on modding! Only downside to showing it to others, you'll get lots of requests to build one for other people too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread