Status
Not open for further replies.

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
:confused:
So I ordered from Apollo on 8/18 a 30ml bottle of 6mg RY4 after trying a friend's that was fantastic. I also read a ton of great things on this site. When I got it on the 23rd (fast shipping BTW) I tried a little and it tasted like nothing. I contacted Apollo and they said let it steep for a week or two. I asked if I could let the amount I have in the tank steep in there because I have tons of tanks and they said it was fine. Now, I'm still having the same issue. There's now just a slight vanilla hint and not a whole lot else. I contacted them again and it was just "Sorry, steep longer or you're outta luck".

I was curious if anyone else had ran into this issue before. Everything I read on this forum raves about their RY4. When I tried my friends, it was a delicious blend. I realize steeping will help bring out the flavors but shouldn't I be getting a little something other than slight vanilla at this point?

EDIT: Thank you to Chris, Sophia, and Kitty as my issue was resolved quickly and in a professional manner. If you're on the fence about shopping at Apollo, let me put your mind at ease. This is a group that absolutely cares about what they do, gives great suggestions, and stands by what they sell. Unlike some companies who put you with some customer service rep who doesn't have a clue about vaping from a hole in the ground, these people actually listen to their customers.

Last edited:

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Not to minimize your situation at all, but it is possible for one's tastebuds to go all wonky and not be able to taste your juice very well. Can you taste your other juices fine? Sometimes the tastebuds can get burned out. Did you email them or use the Live Chat feature on the site?
So I ordered from Apollo on 8/18 a 30ml bottle of 6mg RY4 after trying a friend's that was fantastic. I also read a ton of great things on this site. When I got it on the 23rd (fast shipping BTW) I tried a little and it tasted like nothing. I contacted Apollo and they said let it steep for a week or two. I asked if I could let the amount I have in the tank steep in there because I have tons of tanks and they said it was fine. Now, I'm still having the same issue. There's now just a slight vanilla hint and not a whole lot else. I contacted them again and it was just "Sorry, steep longer or you're outta luck".

I was curious if anyone else had ran into this issue before. Everything I read on this forum raves about their RY4. When I tried my friends, it was a delicious blend. I realize steeping will help bring out the flavors but shouldn't I be getting a little something other than slight vanilla at this point?

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
I have spoken with Customer Service on your behalf and Sophia would like you to email her directly regarding this, explain what's going on and find a resolution for you. sophia@apolloecigs.com

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
Hello Kittykrazee,

All my other juices taste just fine. I used the Live Chat feature to discuss this. I believe the gentleman's name was Adam and he said he was in training, but he did check with a supervisor. Customer service has always been polite and I'm never one to go off the rocker with someone. The order was 145215. I understand that there are some flavors people don't like from any vendor (for instance, JC Swiss Dark was not my cup of tea), but the flavor profile I described above is about what I get. Thanks for the prompt reply. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

Edit: Oh I was writing before that showed up. I'll do that.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Perfect! Let me know how it goes.
Hello Kittykrazee,

All my other juices taste just fine. I used the Live Chat feature to discuss this. I believe the gentleman's name was Adam and he said he was in training, but he did check with a supervisor. Customer service has always been polite and I'm never one to go off the rocker with someone. The order was 145215. I understand that there are some flavors people don't like from any vendor (for instance, JC Swiss Dark was not my cup of tea), but the flavor profile I described above is about what I get. Thanks for the prompt reply. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

Edit: Oh I was writing before that showed up. I'll do that.

Liquid-Chris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Livermore, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
Wow, I'm really curious about this. Ry4 is one of my best sellers and have never heard this about it. Let me get this straight...you tried a friend's Apollo RY4...then you bought one and the flavor just wasn't there? Did you try it in the same (or similar) device? At the same voltage/resistance? Please let me know. I'd like to figure out what happened. I know there are flavors that take on completely different characteristics with different devices or voltage/resistances, but RY4 should be good in any (assuming you're not burning it, which does not sound like the case) Chris

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the follow up. Most of what I use are Kanger EVODs and Protanks (no knockoffs). I've tried the liquid in both and the same results. Very little flavor, maybe just a hint of vanilla. Oddly enough, the liquid did darken in color slightly over the 2 weeks (which I'm assuming it's suppose to). I use 2.5 heads on both devices. I have a Smoktech SID, Vamo V3, and a little Ego-T battery I tote with me. All the same result. I've tried wattages anywhere from 4 to 9. You get a slight burnt taste at 9, but I started low and worked up hoping to pump some flavor out of the juice.

When I tried it and read about it, I knew you made a great RY4. I'm certainly not hear to say you guys make a bad product. Everyone has been very professional and polite. If you have any suggestions let me know because I have 3 tanks full of this. lol I'm in no way an expert on this stuff so I'm all eyes.

Last edited:

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Did you get the opportunity to email Sophia? How did that go?
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the follow up. Most of what I use are Kanger EVODs and Protanks (no knockoffs). I've tried the liquid in both and the same results. Very little flavor, maybe just a hint of vanilla. Oddly enough, the liquid did darken in color slightly over the 2 weeks (which I'm assuming it's suppose to). I use 2.5 heads on both devices. I have a Smoktech SID, Vamo V3, and a little Ego-T battery I tote with me. All the same result. I've tried wattages anywhere from 4 to 9. You get a slight burnt taste at 9, but I started low and worked up hoping to pump some flavor out of the juice.

When I tried it and read about it, I knew you made a great RY4. I'm certainly not hear to say you guys make a bad product. Everyone has been very professional and polite. If you have any suggestions let me know because I have 3 tanks full of this. lol I'm in no way an expert on this stuff so I'm all eyes.

Liquid-Chris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Livermore, CA
www.apolloecigs.com

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
Sophia has gotten my email. She asked me a few questions and seems to have taken care of everything. Chris and Kitty, I appreciate all of your hard work and I'll be certain to let you know of any other issues. Consider this all positive from my end as I'm a happy customer. If you all have any other questions for me, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks again!

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Thank you very much, and I'm glad we got you taken care of!! Never hesitate to hit us up if you have any questions or concerns. Vape Strong!!
Sophia has gotten my email. She asked me a few questions and seems to have taken care of everything. Chris and Kitty, I appreciate all of your hard work and I'll be certain to let you know of any other issues. Consider this all positive from my end as I'm a happy customer. If you all have any other questions for me, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread