Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Well I have been reading for awhile now on how one would make their own nic juice. I have settled on the Camel Mellow Snus that has 8mg nic per packet, so 8mg x 15 = 120mg if I squeezed it all out:

Snus_square_tins.jpg

Now what to put it in....
Since I like vodka for my mixes I decided on the smallest bottle of vodka I could find... No the one next to the big bottle!
smirnoff.jpg

So I took all 15 snus packets and suprisingly they all fit with room to spare in the bottle. After four hours in my car under the visor in 115 degree heat it looked like this:
smirnoffmini.jpg

I added in the other bottles for size comparision.
Well to make it interesting I drew off 1ml of plain VG and .5ml nic juice. Since there is 45ml in this bottle 120 ÷ 45 = 2.6mg per ml. Since I only used .5ml there should at a max be of 1.3mg in my nic juice, add that to the 1ml and you get .866mg/ml

Well I had to add a drop of chocolate and a drop of peanut butter, cause I like flavors. Suprisingly smooth with a hint of tobaco flavor. Smoked the whole cart by hot boxing it. No headache but slight dizzy feeling, medium to light throat hit.

I think I will wait a couple days and squeez the juice out of the packets, and try adding another 15 into the already saturated liquid. We shall see!
Dan

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Don't tomato plants have nicotine also?

Mix your extract with tomato juice, filter it through a coffee filter and then vape your screwdriver in your Screwdriver.

YUCK LOL, BTW a scewdriver is voka and orange juice :)

That would be a nic'd up bloddy mary LOL

Reactions: Devilstompa

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok so I waited a couple days and squeezed all the juice out of the packets which left me with 30ml of vodka nic juice. I did a couple different test by adding various mixes and kept comming up with an ashtray taste.

After scouring the internet I found a post where the guy used 3 contaners of snuff, boiled a 1/2 cup water and added in the snuff. He then let it cool and added an apple. The idea was that the apple would absord the nicotine. So I placed my vodka mix in a plastic zip lock bag and added the apple in sealed it and let it set for 7 days.

Apple bath:

08-05-09_2245.jpg

After setting in a dark place for a week I removed the apple (with gloves on and a face shield. And washed the apple off under running water. I then used my wifes silver bullet (mini blender) and proceded to puree' it. I then used a coffee filter and a rubberband on a glass and let the filter cup down into the glass. I poured the pulp into the filer and waited. After most of it drained off I gently squeezed out the rest.

I was left with 76ml of apple nic juice. I added 3ml of apple nic to 7ml of VG and shook it up. The result was a light tobbaco and apple flavor. Very subtle apple flavor I might add. Decent throat hit and after hot boxing it around the 20th drag I started to feel dizzy. So there is nicotine in there, how much I can only guess but I do not think a whole lot. As I write this I just added 10 drops of cheescake 10 drops of bubblegum and one drop of clove oil to the 10 ml bottle. Very smooth, excellent vapor, decent throat hit and very A subtle tobbaco taste under the flavoring. I know I try wierd combinations :)
By my calculations it cost me $7.00 to produce 237ml of ejuice to flavor, including the cost of the VG. This is contrast to $140.00 for 7 30ml bottles of ejuice you can buy.

My next attempt will be 16 ounces of RYO organic tobbaco from american spirit. However I will boil the water add the tobbaco and wait for it to cool, then add the apple and seal it for 7 days with the RYO tobbaco in the slurry.

Anyone else try this yet?
Dan

Last edited:

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
Camel Mellow Snus that has 8mg nic per packet, so 8mg x 15 = 120mg if I squeezed it all out:

Scuba, I'm confused. (Trying to figure out how this would save money)
The 15 packs of 8mg's...how much (ml) of juice did that come out to.
Or, when I visit snus sites, the product says "grams", not "mg"

I'm looking at this 10 pack of 24mg's and wondering exactly how much actual nic juice I'd end up with (In miliLiters)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Scuba, I'm confused. (Trying to figure out how this would save money)
The 15 packs of 8mg's...how much (ml) of juice did that come out to.
Or, when I visit snus sites, the product says "grams", not "mg"

I'm looking at this 10 pack of 24mg's and wondering exactly how much actual nic juice I'd end up with (In miliLiters)

From NewInferno:
Worries Surround Camel Snus Smokeless Tobacco
A spokesperson for R.J. Reynolds told the Times that each pouch of Snus contains 8 milligrams of nicotine.

Some sites say mg/g which is miligrams per gram. But the camels have from what I have found is 8mg per pouch. So to actually increase the mg nicotine content you would have to add more pouches to make the concentration higher. Of course higher concentrations = increase in risk for the layman.

So if I ended up with 76ml and every drop of nicotine made its way over I would have a concentration of 1.5mg per ml in my apple nic. If I used 10 tins or 150 pouches. That would be roughly 15mg per ml. Not cost effective. But if your in a pinch a placibo is a wonderful replacement LOL.

At least I know there is no diethylene glycol in here :)

Will try the RYO and see what happens.
Dan

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dont worry I will keep you guys and gals up to date with what I am trying. I will try and take pictures and document the process. Yes this seems like alot of work but it actually is not. I just need to determine how many mg of nic is in an 8oz pouch of the RYO tobbaco. Ah well I can calculate but never be really sure. I will proceed with caution in all aspects of this process.
Dan

JennFL5366

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Pinellas Park
ok i tried something similar after reasearching on the forums.

i took a mason jar filled it with vg (will have to remember who i got it from on the net was 30 for a gallon shipped to my house we keep it in the fridge)

then i took snus (was free samples we got about 40 when they were free with analog purchase then figured out that we could get them free buying the snus so we bought the snus when it was 3.00 with a 1.50 coupon and got 2 for less than 3 bucks.

we put 8 packs in the vg and have let it sit it has sat for almost a month now in a dark cabinet we take it our periodically and shake it. i have tried it i added a little bit of vodka to thin it out and tried it normal was the mellow blend. nice nic hit nic throat hit and nice buzz...lol will probably work better if we add more to it but dh figured out that the mg will be about 12 with the amount of snus and vg we are using. will post pics when i figure out how.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Is this clogging your atty?

Nope atties are fine, the apple nic that I squezzed out probably has some surgar content to it. But I only use 30% to VG, so I havent had an atty clog yet. But I do a daily 20 second burn so not sure it that is what is keeping it clean or not.

I was doing some more reading and someone had made a suggestion of using dehydrated fruit. It would act like a sponge soaking up the nic. Hmmmm so I thought raisins, after they swell back into grapes I could do the same blender trick and it would have less pulp.
Well I will probably try raisins and an apple.
Dan

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
By my calculations it cost me $7.00 to produce 237ml of ejuice to flavor, including the cost of the VG. This is contrast to $140.00 for 7 30ml bottles of ejuice you can buy
Dan

7 - 30ml bottles only cost's $140 if u get willingly ripped off.
I pay $5 per 30ml of official eliquid, and the supplier still makes money off me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread