The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My atty was making a gurgling noise

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Friend of Atlas, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Friend of Atlas

Friend of Atlas Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    CT
    Did I flood it?

Currently using Titan 510, drip method w/drip tip.

2. Willriker

Willriker Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2010
    CT, USA
    yup you flooded it.

Either blow it out, or power through it.

If you blow it out, be sure to blow into a napkin.. or risk ruining the brand new white dress shirt your wife bought you the night before...

3. Friend of Atlas

Oct 20, 2010
    CT
    Thanks, but oh no - that's my wife yelling now!!! :facepalm:

4. 510guy

510guy Full Member

Oct 20, 2010
    usa
    Titan attys are complete rubbish. Why? well with the one I got if you put more then 2 drops using a drip tip it floods. Sometimes even when putting 2 drops it still floods. I tried dry burning,soaking in alcohol and coke soak. This thing is rubbish I don't see how it is a recommended.... Oh and the one atty I bought from juicy vapor is DEAD. Didn't even last a week. Seriously thinking about going back to cigarettes because atomizers are crap and I am sick of wasting the money for a new atty that can easy go to a pack of smokes and last longer. I like to vape but atomizers are too expensive for my budget and they NEVER work right. :(

5. Travis798

Travis798 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Oklahoma
    It seems simple enough, but somehow there is a learning curve with dripping. I think most people fry a few atties while they get the hang of it. I used to flood my atties with 2 drops, now I drip 3 drops and everything is fine. I don't really understand it considering I'm using the same dropper bottle/same size drops, but it is what it is. If you want to get that worked up about it, switch to cartomizers.

6. Jm1813

Jm1813 Full Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Laredo, Texas
    Yea I still flood, but with 2 drops on my 510, but I'm used to it. I just tilt my riva with the battery a tiny bit higher while it's resting in between draws. I love dripping, it was a lot easier and more vapor than using the filler. i still haven't been able to get the hang of vaping with LR's though.

7. Friend of Atlas

Oct 20, 2010
    CT
    So I'm flooding the atty I guess but then I feel like I have to add liquid when I get a burnt taste. Could I be vaping too much? (as in constantly). The attys get hot am I burning it out?

EDIT: I have one Titan atty and one Joye atty

8. Stu99

Stu99 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2010
    New York
    Try some cartos. They never flood if you dont overfill. Easy peasy

9. Friend of Atlas

Oct 20, 2010
    CT
    I tried the carto, but I really didn't like it, the vapor wasn't as smooth tasting as dripping (dripping Halo Freedom juice).

10. Travis798

Travis798 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Yes, when you get the burnt taste you should add more juice. Note that if you just get a burning in the throat with no/very little vapor, that is probably the result of the atty being flooded, not dry. If you get the burnt taste and a large amount of vapor, add more juice.

11. Friend of Atlas

Oct 20, 2010
    CT
    Thanks - that clears things up a lot

12. 510guy

510guy Full Member

Oct 20, 2010
    usa
    I've seen them but I don't know how cartomizers work let alone use one. How the heck can you get 3 drips without flooding? I been using this atty for about 2 week and still have problems. Do you drip and wait,Drip and set the E-cig off at a angle. I am loss of direction when it comes to dripping. I prefer it over carts because you get massive throat hit and great flavor. Sorry to come off negative but I am so frustrated with this thing. *sigh*

13. Friend of Atlas

Oct 20, 2010
    CT
    I cleaned my flooded attys and let them dry overnight. When I dripped three drops on the now clean atty it didn't seem like enough (I got a burnt tast with lots of fowl smelling vapor). Do you need to prime them with a few extra drips? I don't want to flood them again...

14. 510guy

510guy Full Member

Oct 20, 2010
    usa
    They say you should prime with 4 drips. I had the problem you had with a low resistant atty which are rubbish. No matter how many drags I try to take, Got nothing but a horrible throat burn. When you prime them with juice let them sit for about 5-10 minutes. then start puffing on it until you see vapor don't inhale just puff until you see a good amount of vapor then you should have a more pleasant taste. I had a atty just recently for not even a week die on me for unknown reason, I just blow out the juice reconnected it to the battery and it's stone cold dead. Good luck on getting it to work, it's a pain in the rear but there are way around it. You know what sometimes help my titan. I actually lightly force air in the opposite (Just enough so the juice is in the barrel of the atty instead of IN the atty). that works for me SOMETIMES. not always. good luck

15. Annie Miller

Annie Miller Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    TX USA
    I agree cartos rock!, hubby tried cartos when he got his ego, now he wont use anything else

16. Gummy Bear

Gummy Bear Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    I do think that you sir should by all means go back to analogs.

17. sl_rat

sl_rat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    Western, NY
    vape through the flood...LOL

18. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    Soooo, a pack of smokes lasts you a week?? Wow! :2cool:

I've used many different brands of 510 attys in my year of vaping, and I always come back to the genuine Joye attys. However, even Joyes don't have the consistency I would like...yet. Some taste burnt, some have a very hard draw, some die quickly while others will last weeks, but when you get a good one - easy draw, great vapor, great flavor - vaping just doesn't get any better!

I would say that about 15% - 20% of the attys I buy are bad in one way or another, but it's worth the cost to me for the great ones. I pay around $5 for mine, so not really a big deal to me.

If you're getting a burnt taste with a hard draw, try poking a paper clip into the side air holes on the threaded part of the atty, and VERY CAREFULLY poke the hole at the bottom of the atty. If this doesn't improve the draw & flavor, I chuck it into a pile to be maybe cleaned later. I typically don't ever get around to it, and just buy new attys. :facepalm:

If you get a good draw and still have burnt taste, pull the wick, it's burnt!

If you've pulled the wick and still have burnt taste, you can try cleaning it, but in my experience, you may as well throw it out for a new one.

IMO, YMMV, etc. etc. :)

19. 510guy

510guy Full Member

Oct 20, 2010
    usa
    As I stated My atty with a gold trim died not even a week of owning. This titan atty my fiance gave me floods way too easy and sometimes NO vape comes from it after being flooded. I would love to purchase an atty for $5 but then you get screwed on shipping costs for a tiny little thing like a atty. Yes a pack of smokes lasts me about a week,When I smoked it was 3-4 cigs a day. Only because I used to get panic attacks from them frequently. Sad, attys don't have more consistent when in use. buying these atty's add up and I've gone through 4 of them in 5 months.

20. deback

deback Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2010
    Michigan

510 guy:

If you get tired of dripping into the drip tip/atomizer, you could try a cartomizer, which is a one-piece cartridge with a built-in atomizer and filter. When filling blank cartomizers, you just drip about 18 to 20 drops directly into the filter, after removing the mouth end white cap, while holding the cartomizer at a 45-degree angle. When refilling cartomizers, drip 10 to 12 drops into the filter. If you drip more than that into the filter, it will overfill it, and the result will be less vapor, harder to puff, and a need to blow through the threaded end of the cartomizer into a tissue to remove the excess juice.

If you do decide to switch to cartomizers, you'll probably see recommendations to use the "condom" method to refill them. This is more time-consuming and is more messy than directly dripping into the filter. With the direct drip method, you just remove the white mouth cap, drip, put the mouth cap back on, and vape. There's no mess to clean up and no chance of overfilling the carto, if you only drip about 10 drops into the filter (drip no more than 12 drops, and that could be too many, if you didn't vape the carto until you got the burnt taste, which would be too long, since the burnt taste means the atomizer is burning the filter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.