My authentic Hobo v3 contact broke in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
I've had the authentic Hobo v3 (not the v3.1) for about 4-5 months. I just recently started spinning the positive post to allow for one big coil instead of a dual build. (Posts at 10 and 2 instead of 12 and 6). The flavor really improved when I did this.

So last night I was adjusting it slightly for a new 29g zipper build and when I went to tighten the post, the contact wouldn't tighten as much as it usually does and the positive post was moving slightly. I tried to tighten it one more time and then a heard a snap. The gold plated copper contact (which secured the positive post) snapped in half. I have the clone v3 and tried to use the contact from it, but the threading is different(coarse on the authentic, fine on the clone). I've seen the upgrade from v3 to v3.1 on Hobocustoms website, but it's been sold out for a while. They also sold a kit for the Hobo v3 that included o rings, screws and I'm pretty sure there was a contact in there. When I went on the website last night, I couldn't find it. The only thing on the website Hobo RDA is a box mod. So unless I can somehow find the contact for the authentic Hobo V3 or V3.1, I have a $100 rda that's useless.

I tried to contact Hobo Customs via the email address on their website (Hobo@hobocustoms.com), but haven't heard back.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've had the authentic Hobo v3 (not the v3.1) for about 4-5 months. I just recently started spinning the positive post to allow for one big coil instead of a dual build. (Posts at 10 and 2 instead of 12 and 6). The flavor really improved when I did this.

So last night I was adjusting it slightly for a new 29g zipper build and when I went to tighten the post, the contact wouldn't tighten as much as it usually does and the positive post was moving slightly. I tried to tighten it one more time and then a heard a snap. The gold plated copper contact (which secured the positive post) snapped in half. I have the clone v3 and tried to use the contact from it, but the threading is different(coarse on the authentic, fine on the clone). I've seen the upgrade from v3 to v3.1 on Hobocustoms website, but it's been sold out for a while. They also sold a kit for the Hobo v3 that included o rings, screws and I'm pretty sure there was a contact in there. When I went on the website last night, I couldn't find it. The only thing on the website Hobo RDA is a box mod. So unless I can somehow find the contact for the authentic Hobo V3 or V3.1, I have a $100 RDA that's useless.

I tried to contact Hobo Customs via the email address on their website (Hobo@hobocustoms.com), but haven't heard back.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

suggestions? yes
go easy on your authentics; go ahead and mod your clones.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
2553900-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread