• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Beef Du Jour: Atomizer Photos. C'mon vendors, I wanna see MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Maybe this is just 'cos I'm new and not as "up-to-speed" as the veterans.... but I'm growing really frustrated with atomizer photos on vendor websites.

I want to see DOWN INSIDE the atty. I wanna know if it's bridgeless! I wanna know if it has 2... 3.... 4 holes! I really could care less about the the threading as once you tell me it's 510, I know what to expect, yet all the pictures are "bottoms up" showing off that 510 connection. Ya seen one set o' 510 threads, you seen 'em all! Show me where the juice goes! Argh!

If the descriptions weren't so pithy, that'd be ok too.... tell me in words, and I don't need the picture. But I get sparse details like
"510 atomizer SR"

Gee thanks. grrrrrr.........

/rant mode -off

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
I want to see DOWN INSIDE the atty. I wanna know if it's bridgeless! I wanna know if it has 2... 3.... 4 holes! I really could care less about the the threading as once you tell me it's 510, I know what to expect, yet all the pictures are "bottoms up" showing off that 510 connection. Ya seen one set o' 510 threads, you seen 'em all! Show me where the juice goes! Argh!

If the descriptions weren't so pithy, that'd be ok too.... tell me in words, and I don't need the picture. But I get sparse details like
"510 atomizer SR"

lol, maybe that's why I still haven't gotten into the whole dripping stuff. I need to see what's inside! Cartos less of a mystery but compared to the genesis/did's/etc, they always have better pictures - what you see is what you get. Maybe it's because they are higher end but even the clones have nice pictures!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I think the problem is a lot of vendors aren't taking their own pictures, and just using "product images" from the manufacturer (which can be severely lacking). Juice vendors (heck most hardware vendors too), I have a hunch a lot are no better than a basement room since they're small one person startups operating from home.

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
...yet all the pictures are "bottoms up" showing off that 510 connection. Ya seen one set o' 510 threads, you seen 'em all! Show me where the juice goes! Argh!

I have a "friend" that used to say that (nearly) exact same thing about "gentlemen's magazines"!

To your point... I agree. But an even bigger pet peeve of mine, that bit my backside ONCE... Showing good pictures of the atty.. and then sending a completely different atty! The picture showed a DRIPPING atty... with the brass plate with three holes over the coil. When it got here... it was no more than a de-bridged atty. Yeah... sent that one back!

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
lol, maybe that's why I still haven't gotten into the whole dripping stuff. I need to see what's inside! Cartos less of a mystery but compared to the genesis/did's/etc, they always have better pictures - what you see is what you get. Maybe it's because they are higher end but even the clones have nice pictures!

Oh no! Don't let that put you off dripping... I'm so glad I tried it... very very enjoyable! But if you're uncertain where to start, check here and ask lots of questions. Any of the veterans will be able to make recommendations for you, and even I'd be delighted to share what I started with so you can try it out.

I think the problem is a lot of vendors aren't taking their own pictures, and just using "product images" from the manufacturer (which can be severely lacking). Juice vendors (heck most hardware vendors too), I have a hunch a lot are no better than a basement room since they're small one person startups operating from home.

Yes BUT, good pictures do exist, I've seen them! So top featuring the stupid threads and get a good photo. If I found it, they can find it.

I have a "friend" that used to say that (nearly) exact same thing about "gentlemen's magazines"!

To your point... I agree. But an even bigger pet peeve of mine, that bit my backside ONCE... Showing good pictures of the atty.. and then sending a completely different atty! The picture showed a DRIPPING atty... with the brass plate with three holes over the coil. When it got here... it was no more than a de-bridged atty. Yeah... sent that one back!

*ROTFL*..... well now that I read it with *that* in mind, my comment could easily be taken waaaaaay out of context!

I suspect and sincerely hope your bad experience was an isolated one. It seems like most of the vendors are really good, and great with communication. I hope they set it right and credited you accordingly or sent the correct atty quickly!

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
I completely agree about the lack of good pictues, but as I've said before .. I think vendors set their priorities with customer service and the website sort of takes a back seat.

Take a look at vaporgeek though, she's a great vendor that's bringing up website/picture quality curve for everyone .. in my opinion.

https://www.vaporgeek.com/shop/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=atomizer
ah! Glad to see she's back up and running.... what a crummy break she got back there.... I'll check it out. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread