Status
Not open for further replies.

ronchinoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Bangalore / India
deccanchronicle.
com/140818/nation-current-affairs/article/e-cigarettes-set-be-banned-india-soon#comment-54489

"E-cigarettes set to be banned in India soon | Deccan Chronicle"

STUPID STUPID STUPID PEOPLE.

Please leave a comment to get the newspaper to do a real article on the topic. Only the media can fight this.

Last edited by a moderator:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Tried to; got redirected to "Page not found". Perhaps they aren't accepting comments from outside India.

Wish I had saved my comments.

Welcome back to the third world. I really thought India was going to make it out.

(Actually, was able to retrieve my comments:)

Edit: This is what I tried to post as a comment to the article:

I was under the opinion that India had joined that group of nations where science was respected, and policies were formed based on rational, educated decisions.

Apparently I was mistaken. This article is all inflammatory hyperbole (and total disregard for the truth and science). If this article reflects the actual situation (and is not just agenda-pushing by the author) India is clearly falling back to third-world status.

Regarding the Captcha - "Smoking kills". vaping doesn't. I work with many engineers in India who are intelligent and informed. Apparently this trend has not spread to either your press or your government.

I wish you the best of luck as a nation. You will need it.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
deccanchronicle.
com/140818/nation-current-affairs/article/e-cigarettes-set-be-banned-india-soon#comment-54489

"E-cigarettes set to be banned in India soon | Deccan Chronicle"

STUPID STUPID STUPID PEOPLE.

Please leave a comment to get the newspaper to do a real article on the topic. Only the media can fight this.

This is very sad :( I do hope whatever legislation they draw up fails miserably.

How many steps does legislation have to go through in India before it becomes law? What are the chances, do you think, that legislation like this will pass all the way through?

Last edited by a moderator:

ronchinoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Bangalore / India
Its done. I dont think it can be changed.
I was wondering how a guy who was a doctor himself could be so stupid so I went looking for info on him and found out just how stupid he was.

He is the same guy who baned sex education in Indian schools.
He is the same guy who said we dont need condoms to prevent the spread of aids and std we need Yoga.

Im embarrassed to say that we have clowns like this running our country.

Sex education in schools should be banned, Union health minister Harsh Vardhan says - The Times of India

I now totally understand the logic behind the ban. There is none. The guy is just stark raving mad.
Had hoped the Media would at least stand for the truth but no such luck.
Our early laws on e-cig by the previous govt was very progressive.

Every statement in that first news article is wrong.

1. Fashion statement ?.
I use an e-cig cause I had a heart attack and was dieing and could not stop smoking.
2. Nicotine is dangerous ?.
Yes so ban cigarettes.

I could go on an on. But am too upset too.

You should be able to post on this latest link I have shared. And even like my comment about him and his policies.

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread