My boss basically TOLD ME I can smoke it at my cubicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlebandaide

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ashland, Kentucky
www.myspace.com
MY BOSS BASICALLY TOLD ME I CAN vape AT MY CUBICLE.

My ecig was MUCH more well received at my job than I ever dreamed. I took it the other day, handed out business cards of my suppliers, let a co-worker try it (then my charger broke... but it's fixed now with the help of my techie boyfriend) and my non-smoking boss said to me yesterday "You can smoke that anywhere can't you? It only puts off vapor."

YES! SCORE!

Excellent! My boss was the one who turned me on to e-cigs. I tried his 'Pomegranite' cartridge and decided I must have it!! He'd gotten a Smoking Everywhere Gold kit. I found the forum, researched, and bought a 510 kit. He tried it and liked it better and ordered one himself. Now we swap juices back and forth. The old "Let's go burn one" (referring to stepping outside for a cigarette) has been replaced by "Let's vape one."

Telegraft

Jul 28, 2009
Chicagoland.
these are all excellent responses to ecigs! I was very surprised but I think that our employers will benefit from it because of our productivity can increase with us at our desks more. Also, they're insurance rates might improve w less smokers.

You know; that's a whole new interesting conversation in and of itself. How will insurance companies look at vaping? Will it count as smoking? It obviously doesn't to you and I, but will the continued use of nicotine help rationalize a decision on their part to consider it "smoking?"

I can only imagine that insurance companies as a whole will try to lump it in as the same, if only because they get to "rightfully" charge higher premiums for "smokers."

Anyways, sorry for going off-topic.

Right now one of our managers upstairs looks like he's running a methlab, he's got so many bottles of liquid. I've started to call him "31 Flavors."

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
New Jersey
these are all excellent responses to ecigs! I was very surprised but I think that our employers will benefit from it because of our productivity can increase with us at our desks more. Also, they're insurance rates might improve w less smokers.

Hey beatlebandaide, how is it that you quit smoking for 2 days, avoided 98 analogs, but saved $0?? lol

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
My boss actually defended my vaping against a complaining customer.

I was sitting outside on break with a friend, somewhat near the open door of our shop, vaping my 510. Some sour-pussed old woman loudly started complaining to the bartender that I should be fined for smoking near the doorway, and the smell of cigarette smoke was bothering her.

My boss took her outside and pointed out to her in the nicest possible terms that she was an idiot, explained PVs to her, and told her the nasty cigarette smell was all in her head. She said nothing, turned on her heel, and stalked back inside.

Probably not a victory for vapers in general with her, but it was awfully nice to have my boss, who is *very* anti-smoking, stick up for me. :)

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
my coworkers have all been very supportive and my boss asked me about it for his mother... i think she's a little set her in ways as he says but he's totally cool with it... as for my other job as a karaoke host and dj, i feel better not reeking of cigs when i have to talk close-up with my audience! my boss there is a smoker and i've realized just how bad it can smell!

beatlebandaide

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ashland, Kentucky
www.myspace.com
Hey beatlebandaide, how is it that you quit smoking for 2 days, avoided 98 analogs, but saved $0?? lol

You know... it's creepy that the banner knows that... lol I have no clue what's wrong with it, but I didn't quit two days ago. I'm going to have to redo my banner because my charger broke the day after I got my ecig and I had to start over... been cig free again since yesterday at 6pm though! :)

beatlebandaide

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ashland, Kentucky
www.myspace.com
You know; that's a whole new interesting conversation in and of itself. How will insurance companies look at vaping? Will it count as smoking? It obviously doesn't to you and I, but will the continued use of nicotine help rationalize a decision on their part to consider it "smoking?"

I can only imagine that insurance companies as a whole will try to lump it in as the same, if only because they get to "rightfully" charge higher premiums for "smokers."

Anyways, sorry for going off-topic.

Right now one of our managers upstairs looks like he's running a methlab, he's got so many bottles of liquid. I've started to call him "31 Flavors."

I've had insurance forms ask if I'm a smoker. We wouldn't have to say yes. We're not smokers anymore.

Probot

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Top of the food chain, N.J.
Being that I live in NJ just outside NYC and I DJ at night, smoking was pretty much impossible during a set due to the smoking ban. I learned about PVs from a cutie who face periodically had a blue glow and was blowing out what i thought was smoke. As soon as my set was over I ran over to ask her how she was getting away with puffing inside the club and what the blue light was all about. She handed me her peach flavored PV and I was hooked. We've been chatting on facebook and Im gonna see her saturday night. ::thumbs up and a grin::

beatlebandaide

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ashland, Kentucky
www.myspace.com
Being that I live in NJ just outside NYC and I DJ at night, smoking was pretty much impossible during a set due to the smoking ban. I learned about PVs from a cutie who face periodically had a blue glow and was blowing out what i thought was smoke. As soon as my set was over I ran over to ask her how she was getting away with puffing inside the club and what the blue light was all about. She handed me her peach flavored PV and I was hooked. We've been chatting on facebook and Im gonna see her saturday night. ::thumbs up and a grin::

w00t! Better health and a cutie! You lucked out! haha Good luck with your date.

Probot

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Top of the food chain, N.J.
w00t! Better health and a cutie! You lucked out! haha Good luck with your date.

THANKS! Actually Iv found that its a great conversation starter Iv been "pimping" it the last 3 days Iv had it with great results. Guys if you see a nice young lady with a dirty analog in her hand... stroll thru and strike up a convo... hit your PV a few times and shes bound to ask about it. Curiosity is an aphrodisiac. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread