The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My brother, 4 years gone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oxygen thief, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    I lost my brother John four years ago today at 1am after a four year battle with lung cancer. I prayed to die in his place. He was the type of brother that would help his little brother, me, before I asked. He was a kind man with a heart of gold.

JOHN SCOTT JORDAN
    December 24, 1946 – September 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA1n4oOYLfY

2. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My sympathy for your loss oxygen thief

Hopefully the future will bring less deaths due to this cause.

3. UncleChimney

UncleChimney Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2010
    SE Pa
    Sorry for your loss Mr. Jordan. RIP

4. sharpie24l

sharpie24l Senior Member ECF Veteran

Always sad the day you lost someone. Especially a good person you were close too. My condolences, I hope its easier and continues to get easier.

5. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    OT! That was a beautiful song for your beautiful brother. I know you must miss him!

When we lose someone special, and when they are good people as well, it is a loss to ALL of us --- in the world.

I have a wonderful brother and it is his birthday earlier today, 9/11. You reminded me to make sure I let him know how deeply cherished he is.

6. SITS

SITS PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2013
    Reoville
    I am sorry for your loss. You could honor him by being a rallying force against the scourge of tobacco smoking where you live. If you can save just one person from going through what you and your family went through you would turned your loss into into a positive thing for another family. If he is the man you said he is, I would think he would be proud of you for that. All of us will die. There is no escape from that. Try not to dwell on it. You can't bring him back but you save others from the same fate. May your brother rest in peace..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.