My Carto is making a *sizzle* Sound when i vape, is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
Just got some new cartos through the post and just filled one up, blew out to the bottom to get off any access (dont know if you have to do this all the time) and when i vape it sizzles, a bit like when you put bacon into a hot pan. Thats the best way i can explain it. Is this right or should i not be getting this sound? i feel for the latter :blink:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sizzling is good. If it pops and crackles occasionally, that's even better. It's a sign that you are at the right temp and juice saturation. If you aren't getting throat hit when it's sizzling and popping, then you may be using VG juice or low nicotine levels. Most of the throat hit is in nic levels, but some is also in the juice recipe.

The most flavor and throat hit will generally be with high PG juices, but there's also PGA (pure grain alcohol) that adds throat hit.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
If filled and soaked properly it should work right off the bat. But I do find that generally there is some improvement to flavor after I've vaped on it a bit.

It doesn't keep getting better, it just improves to the best it's going to get not long after I start vaping. After that it stays pretty consistent until the carto starts to go.

IF you're using a variable voltage mod, you may be able to adjust the voltage for a better TH / Flavor balance.

Last edited:

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Yes,

Assuming you're using the same PV, low resistance, 1.6 -1.8 Ohm will give you more watts (power) then regular 2.6 Ohm.

Let'say your PV is 3.7 volts.

LR atty at 1.8 Ohms will produce 7.6 watts versus 2.6 Ohm carto will give you 5.62 watts - thats a big difference in power.

BTW: Watts = Volts X Volts/Resistance(Ohms)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread