My cat snores really loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
LOL….Zelda snores. Sometimes it is nothing more than a quiet squeak, other times it sounds like she is sawing wood! I think it’s how they position their heads when sleeping that may lead to loud snoring.

Zelda also doesn’t like when I snore and has woken me from time to time. Little tickle on the nose!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's the vaping. Don't you know cats will get snoring, patches of balding, and whisker loss from second hand vape. Really. I read it on the internet.

I had a dog who snored. Who also slept in my bed. If I kicked her over it she'd kick back. She was a 90 pound Lab so that kick had some power behind it. I learned ear plugs are the key to a good night's sleep.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
None of my animals snore. The husband grinds his teeth. He sounds JUST like a donkey and in my opinion the only thing that makes a Donkey better than a goat is that it has no HORNS.

I have cared for many donkeys and they are all to smart for their own darn good. They will ESCAPE from anywhere, and be total jerks when you try to find them. They will do stull like bite you on your rear end, etc.

When my husband and I get like, our 38 acres of land, I might buy one. Or maybe a horse. Or maybe both horses need companion animals etc., so one of each.

Donkeys suck in such an adorable way... Unlike goats. Seriously if some farmer's goat ever wanders on our property I MIGHT try to find the owner and give them a timeline of removal.... Before I shoot it.

Anna

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
my high plains drifter was born in the bush. she lives here, but remains feral.
she never makes noise .
she knows there are things that will eat her.
her son cuddles was born in the house, but spends 12 hours/day outdoors hunting vermin for me, as does his mom..
he also knows about coyotes.
they never snore or make unnecessary noise outdoors.
they know that evil walks.

i bet only indoor cats snore.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
my high plains drifter was born in the bush. she lives here, but remains feral.
she never makes noise .
she knows there are things that will eat her.
her son cuddles was born in the house, but spends 12 hours/day outdoors hunting vermin for me, as does his mom..
he also knows about coyotes.
they did never snore or make unnecessary noise outdoors.
they know that evil walks.

i bet only indoor cats snore.
You make it sound like snoring is a voluntary thing n

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
None of my animals snore. The husband grinds his teeth. He sounds JUST like a donkey and in my opinion the only thing that makes a Donkey better than a goat is that it has no HORNS.

I have cared for many donkeys and they are all to smart for their own darn good. They will ESCAPE from anywhere, and be total jerks when you try to find them. They will do stull like bite you on your rear end, etc.

When my husband and I get like, our 38 acres of land, I might buy one. Or maybe a horse. Or maybe both horses need companion animals etc., so one of each.

Donkeys suck in such an adorable way... Unlike goats. Seriously if some farmer's goat ever wanders on our property I MIGHT try to find the owner and give them a timeline of removal.... Before I shoot it.

Anna
Grinding teeth at night can ruin them. They make mouth guards that control it. Or you can just get a sports mouth guard. The kind you dip in hot water and bite into.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
He tried the mouth guard @bombastinator.He did not like it. He was like, "It hurts." I was like "my ears hurt."

You can get custom ones at the dentist but that would require a dental appointment and like, this is a man who once ripped out a tooth using rusty metal pliers in the garage.

Seriously every year I get him dental insurance. I don't know why I bother although he could probably use some partials by now. I may demand he go for our anniversary... Although that sort of thing never goes over too well honestly. His teeth are in surprisingly good shape actually. A few back teeth have some issues.

He really says stuff like "Dentists make you lose your teeth quicker." LOL I suppose that was true for *me"

Let us PLEASE for the love of god like, not have the indoor/outdoor cat debate. It is NEVER good. I don't care what you do with your fur ball NEITHER thing is like, bad just do what YOU feel is right.

I feel it is right to not own a cat in AZ because I am allergic now, but I always had outdoor/indoor cats, one did die by car but I would not have changed it because that cat HAD to be hunting or he was not happy. Smartest cat I ever owned. I would not change a thing.

But AZ too many snakes coyotes etc about.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Here is an article on cats who snore.

Why Does My Cat Snore? | Animal Friends

It's possible your cat is perfectly healthy, or possible that your cat is snoring because he/she is overweight or even is having respiratory issues.

You might want to discuss it with your vet.
I’m betting perfectly healthy. She went to the vet just recently

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I snore like a freight train. I was supposed to get a sleep study but I believe I got DENIED.

And man, is my insurance situation a FREAKING mess. I hate medicare but I had to continue and like, I think I'm messed up for a YEAR. My PCP office is telling me I have NO PCP selected and I have done it FIVE times. Also, they keep like billing one/other/wrong insurance. I would almost stop paying for it because it not only is COSTING me money it is going to be almost impossible to straighten out.

It may require visiting the social security office/the billing office at my doc....

See I'm almost suicidal already! So I HAVE to have the Medicaid that I have although FRANKLY I may just stop paying for it. Well, I guess I should call SS first and wait on hold for eleventy jillion hours.

But yea stuff is a mess.

Anna

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread