My cat snores really loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
My last two cats were Poo and Tigger - Pookins snored like a trooper all her life until she died of a heart attack after catching her last field mouse at age 25.

Tiggger wasn't a snorer but he also made 25 ( he was younger than her by 3 years ).

Both of them got to go in and out as they chose and just did cat things including bringing in dead baby rabbits, birds etc.

You don't own a cat, it owns you; you don't train a cat it trains you.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are an animal trainer you can train a cat.

I will admit there have been times I have considered buying MY OWN DOG (never had one) just so I could see how far I could train it behaviorally. I'm pretty darn good at toddlers, I figure a dog would be even easier.

If you want to train your cat, get the book "Don't shoot the dog."

Also keep in mind, it's not going to make the cat ANY smarter, nor will the cat love you more. It will just be trained, instead of you.

WHY for the life of me would ANY person allow their animal to train them I have no idea but I'm like pretty far NORTH of the PETA scale. Etc.

Cats are fine creatures, but NO they don't BOSS me, are you high?

Anna

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Each to his own Anna - I love cats and I just don't think it's for me to tell an animal how it should live - mine gave me the pleasure of their company for so many years and I'm grateful to them for that.

Maybe I read this at an impressionable age, not being high I don't know....

Just So Stories, Rudyard Kipling

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's fine with me if you do it. I'm just saying I don't understand it.

I might let a LION boss me around, but not a cat. I like them and owned several until I got allergic.

My last one was a wild kitten and he had a crooked tail from getting it caught in the garage door. He was quite the wildebeest. I named him Napoleon, for the tail.

He was always taking off for days, then showing up at my window wanting to come in. Then, he was gone for a long, long, long time. He showed up a final time (we both knew) like 3 months later, and that was the last time I saw him, other than his crooked tail and it was on some farm, he was going after something.

That was a refreshing cat. I pretty much let him do what he wanted, but hey, it was what it was. Very fun cat to HAVE around.

I don't really consider cats "pets" in the traditional sense they are more like familiars or something. For a long time while I wanted pets but couldn't own an inside one, I would get a stray show up and hang out. It was pretty great, apart from my son's "I am going to eat dry catfood mom and do it ON PURPOSE because I know it annoys you."

Then a racoon and her kiddos showed up at the bowl and I was like "I don't want my son to eat rabies" so I got more ah, fervent about it.

(I also was not going to give my toddler the power of letting him see it annoyed me, so maybe more catfood was eaten than should have been, IDK. LOL.)

A kid it's lot harder to not have reverse training.

Family therapy------- FORGET IT. You have about 3 effective sessions to assess what the family needs and after that you have JOINED it, and it gets SO MUCH harder. LOL.

I like wild animals (except squirrels).

Anna

Reactions: Falconeer

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
my cats are somewhat trained.
they understand NO!
that saved one from drinking fertilizer.
they both come to call, even tho people say cats won't.
i give the curfew call every night, because coyotes get bold at night.
they come 100% of the time.
i usually only get 90% compliance from dogs, tho they can learn more commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread