Not open for further replies.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
I have a NiteCore IntelliCharger I2.
Lately I have been having some funny stuff going on with one of my bays (two bays in this model).
Both bays have 3 indicator lights that blink...as the batt fills up one lights blinks and goes solid, then two lights, then the third when it is done.
One of the bays has been charging the batts but all of the lights don't deploy and today one light was still blinking on a 18650 after five hours and I took it off figuring it should have been done by then; it came off at 4.2 but it was just a tiny bit warm (as it is when it first starts to charge) instead of being cool (like it is when it finishes) :blink:.
My question is - is it malfunctioning, could it possibly overcharge the batt and can I utilize the one bay that isn't doing anything funny or should I just toss it and buy another charger?
I do have a 300mAh single generic charger that plugs into a wall socket that I got in a kit but I am not sure about plugging a charger into a socket with a 2000mAh batt on it flush against my wall.
Ok, I'm chicken *cluck, cluck*
Not sure about this NiteCore either right now and I don't want to damage my batts...or me, lol
I'm disappointed..I really liked this charger :(

ETA: I bought an xtar MP2 this weekend and should get it in a few days..if nothing else I will be able to charge my 18350s until I can purchase another charger for my 18650s.

Last edited:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Could be the charger wasn't quite finished.
I2 is a 500mA charger. I bought an Xtar WP2-II (1000mA) when it was taking around 12 hours to charge a some AW batteries of mine.
That was with a Trustfire 500mA charger.
Still with the Xtar it can take up to 3 hours to charge a 2250 mAh Panasonic.
Thanks for your reply! :)
I was looking at the cord and it looks like some out of plastic covering for the wires pulled away from the plugin..it doesn't look like the wires have come out or look frayed or anything...looks like a cosmetic thing.
It isn't the covering for the actual wires but the covering over that. I just wrapped some duct tape around it :p
I will monitor it...could be some fluke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread